0.556.12 - Uncertainty Principle
- Improved performance of memory and object management, most noticeable on systems with slower CPUs.
- Adjusted depth of dynamic temporal simulation simplification to a higher value to prevent bodies phasing through ship hulls when framerate drops significantly.
- Exotic materials will now properly hide in your cargo hold and will not poke out of it.
- The racing drone will now look for racing ships in a larger area upon completion of the race and will grant you an award when its host is up to 64 km away.
- Changing autopilot maximum relative velocity will now also adjust the maximum velocity you can use for astrogation jumps.
- Fixed a bug that caused some dialogues to expose another location of events you already know about and which should not move due to their nature.
0.556.6 - Leaking Reactors
- Fixed a memory leak that could cause weird behaviour around habitats and other dockable stations.
0.556.5 - Hunting Bounties
- Bounty hunters will transfer prisoners from you again.
- Fixed the boot screen on ultra-wide monitors.
- Quickly toggling the Tuning setting for nanodrone systems could cause the game to crash.
0.556.2 - Tidal Lock
Vanlock-Hosk Comet torn by tidal forces
- Early today, the Enceladus Telescope Array captured the Vanlock-Hosk Comet being torn to pieces by the tidal forces of Saturn. Comet debris scattered and hit a wide area of the A and B Rings, triggering a limited Kessler syndrome - a runaway cascade of collisions causing vast clouds of debris on erratic orbits - and shifting the mass distribution in multiple registered excavation claims. While extreme caution is advised when traversing out of the plane of the rings, the Enceladian Space Observatory claims that craft operating within the rings should be well shielded from impacts. Spectrography did not detect any unexpected mineral signatures.
Astrogation advisory for in-ring transits
- A sharp increase in piracy across the disturbed A-ring regions has prompted the Astrogator Guild to issue a new advisory for private operators. Performing burns out of the plane of the ring itself are no longer advised, as with the transit velocities limited by clouds of orbiting debris, ships performing manoeuvres outside the ring plane are exceedingly easy to detect, track and ambush. To prevent illicit interception, the Astrogators guild recommends performing the manoeuvre entirely in the plane of the rings and cutting all thrusts as soon as your ship enters the open space above the ring plane. Trajectories back to the station cannot be intercepted and can use a classical trajectory.
Elon Interstellar StarCAT recall
- Multiple events of the fusion misfire of the famous Elon Interstellar StarCAT Stellarator were traced back to a software bug. The mars-based fusion spaceship manufacturer issued a recall on all Model-E ships for a mandatory software upgrade. To compensate customers for lost profit, the company extended the free supply of fusion reactants to their signature Z-Axial-Pinch torches by another year, or as long as the stocks last, whichever comes first.
- New astrogation protocol for in-ring transits. You can now set the velocity of the transit, and it will require you to make the initial burn without a cutscene. This makes the astrogation burns either more challenging or much longer if you opt for an easier transit - but in return, you can orient the ship the way you want it, you are not sitting still when trying to astrogate away from a hostile situation and you have control over your ship orientation when you reach your destination.
- Improved performance of the in-game physics.
- Improved performance of the Enceladus station.
- Some of the NPC ships and drones were using much more resources than they should. This includes certain rare ship encounters using 1000% more CPU than it should and mining companions, cargo containers and drones using 400% more CPU. This dramatically improves performance in relevant encounters.
- New visuals for rare and unusual encounters.
- A new way of tracking the ring density and composition, combined with enhanced physics performance, makes the rings much denser.
- The game now tracks your excavation progress during a single dive and you are able to completely strip a region of the rings of ore and asteroids. This both incentivises discovering new areas, improves the immersion factor and enables you to clear a path for an astrogation burn in advance.
- Improved tracking of unusual excavation sites. Unique items will now be depleted gradually, and having multiple unusual sites present won’t cause their content to respawn when you visit them sequentially.
- Astrogation proximity alert now has an active display when activated, making it easier to spot objects preventing your jump.
- Improved the way the game tracks events to take into account lidar contacts and rumours that you did not check out yet. This prevents some objects that were not supposed to move around the rings from spawning in another location.
- The game now correctly takes account of your angular velocity when computing the kinetic energy of the impact. This prevents asteroids or ore chunks wedged between your ship and cradled equipment from inflicting heavy damage when you rotated your ship.
- Disabling post-processing now disables the background nebula shader and overheated computer shader, making the game perform better on low-end hardware.
- When entering and exiting the Tuning menu multiple times in quick succession you could trigger either a crash to the desktop, or make the tuning menu miss all the settings.
- Ship transponders were visible only on the first LIDAR screen they appeared on. This usually meant that they did not display on the Pilot and Geologists tabs, but in some cases, they could be missing from your main display.
- Kinetic weapons with a high rate of fire did not fire at all when your framerate was low.
- The fusion reactor now ignites correctly in low framerates. Previously, if the frame rate was low enough, fusion-based ships were not able to boot up and leave Enceladus station in the initial cutscene, and when disabled in the Rings they remained powered down indefinitely.
- When NPC check if your ship is docked, it checks if it is docked to them specifically. This prevents weird dialogue quirks when a station will give you an unexpected “docked” conversation even if you are docked to another, nearby station or ship.
- Updated Cothon-213 description to reflect the missing Faraday’s cage.
- Fixed some of the crew-based dialogues that were referring to two different persons with the same first name.
- Race drones will not be piloted by a human anymore.
- Fixed lighting and line-of-sight glitches on ultra-wide monitors.
- Race drones and lifepods will now communicate immediately when they enter your cargo hold. This prevents the need to wiggle your ship in order to get your race reward on ships with a long cargo hold.
0.552.9 - Radiactive Decay
Runasimi released facelifted LIDAR chip
- Runasimi Inc, the leading supplier of white-label LIDAR signal processing hardware, released a facelifted version of their R68050 phase-processing chip. Increased base frequency and improved noise filters promise to improve the LIDAR detection range even on existing hardware, and an additional bandwidth allows integration of the output image into up to three additional workstations. The new chip will reach the storefronts on Enceladus within a month and is already available for pre-purchase.
Launch fee tax evasion exposed
- The ERS exposed a tax evasion scheme in the docking ring of Enceladus, abusing vague regulations on recording the launch fees, environmental damages and ship supplies. Starting today, strict recording of any and all of the launch fees is mandatory. The tax audits on the ring are in progress, and ERS officials anticipate legal action.
Radioactive leaks across the station
- A number of coolant leaks were detected across the Enceladus Prime station. While venting radioactive coolant into the void of surrounding space poses little risk to shielded habitats, the station authorities issued a station-wide inspection of the coolant loops. All major leaks were patched as of today, but the station staff continue to monitor the coolant lines for anomalies.
- Revised asteroid generation code. Recent improvements in the physics simulation performance and AI performance made it feasible to extend some limits imposed on the physics engine.
- The geologist panel now contains a LIDAR overlay with range markers, so you can position the detected veins easier.
- Improved contrast of the nearby items on the LIDAR screen inside the OMS menu.
- Launch fees will now be listed in the ship logs.
- Installed hardware is now visible in the Hardware menu without opening the sections.
- Fixed a memory leak that was triggered by storing a dive output. It caused performance degradation and corrupted ship initialization, causing ships with illegal equipment to be spawned.
- Fixed a bug that could crash the game when loading a save. All affected saves will be automatically corrected.
- You could hail some derelict ships and send your crew on an EVA mission while being far away.
- Fixed a memory leak that caused memory consumption when spending time on Enceladus to increase each day you spent there.
- Fixed a lag spike that happened on Enceladus when a day passed.
- Improved memory management of the Hardware and Tuning menus.
- After visiting the Tuning or Hardware menu once, the Dealer would start listing new ships much slower.
- Adjusted the event frequency of some very rare events to not be so rare.
- Improved performance of the Dealer.
- Support for 120Hz monitors.
- On small screens, such as Steam Deck, the dive summary screen could lose focus, requiring you to use a touchscreen in order to sell your output.
- Pressing the Cancel button on the keyboard (Esc key) or gamepad will now collapse an open section of upgrades in the Hardware menu.
- Updated translations.
0.550.4 - High Output
- Fixed a race condition that could cause the game to crash when you brought back a large output to the station.
- Improved performance of the dive summary screen.
0.550.2 - Collision Course
- Friendly ships approaching you will not pick a collision course anymore. This prevents accidental collisions in case of power or thruster failures.
- Ore nuggets you collect now have a slight size variation. This prevents some artificial stockpiling and jams at the bottlenecks of the ship (the excavator, MPU) and will make the bare-bay mining missions a bit more profitable.
- Fixed “the singer” crew quest not recording certain events and possibly granting an achievement at the wrong time.
- Mining companions are now more careful when grabbing rocks and will actively try to avoid your ship.
- Fixed excessive bloom on HAL 9000 HUD.
- NDCI autopilot collision warning overlay will now ignore the light ore chunks again.
- Pilots flying AT-K225 will not freak out inside inhabited caves anymore.
0.549.2 - Parlay?
- Added roadmap to the main menu.
- Additional savegame slot.
- 3 new achievements.
- Disabling a Point Defence Turret will immediately release the Sanbus lock on its target, so another device can pick it up without delay.
0.547.2 - Temporal Resolution
- The game now can run the display engine at a separate speed than your physics engine. If you are able to display more frames than your CPU can compute the movement will be interpolated to make it appear smooth. This allows you to achieve a higher framerate even if your CPU is not able to keep up with the physics simulation, but your GPU is capable enough to render the results.
- DTSS can now simplify the simulation further if your framerate was about to drop. With the new physics interpolation feature, this should result in smoother performance.
- Miners you encounter at the very rim of the rings are now much less curious and more likely to go about their business without pestering you constantly.
- The personal disposition of the NPC you meet for the first time will now have some variation over the faction default. This makes encounters more varied.
- AI can now get impatient.
- A new tuning option for EIAA-1337 autopilot allows you to ignore low-velocity impacts. This allows the autopilot to push against lighter rocks at safe velocities and not dodge ores that haul drones throw at it.
- Reworked the ringraces. You will now receive a race reward without leaving the rings, and the racing team is able to recognize failed starts.
- HUD previews in the Equipment menu will now show the entire HUD preview in all screen resolutions.
- Enceladus's main menu will not cover up the in-game time indicator on a small monitor.
- Kinetic damage of pulse lasers could vary when the framerate was changed during the game.
- Improved performance of encounters with multiple drones.
- Further improved burnfinding performance of the AI - both NPC ships and EIAA-1337 autopilot.
- Improved performance of the background particle system.
- Updated translations.
0.542.1 - Red Alert
- Your Geologist panel settings are now saved in the ship configuration and will persist between games and dives.
- Added collision warning visualization for the EIAA-1337 autopilot.
- AI-controlled ships, including these using autonomous autopilots, will now detect more rocks in the direction of the movement.
- AI is now much better at detecting and avoiding collisions with moving objects. This makes ring races much more difficult.
- Services you use will now be recorded in your company logs.
- You can now turn off the “ignore obscured targets” tuning setting for your Point Defence.
- Fixed some bugs that could cause the game to crash when things exploded near AI-controlled ships.
- Catching many ores with your AR1500 Salvage Manipulator will not degrade performance anymore.
- You can now sell your ship using a gamepad or keyboard.
- Updated translations.
0.539.6 - Brace for Impact
- Collision avoidance enhancements for AI. All AI - including NPC ships, NT Mining Companions and your ships equipped with EIAA-1337 autopilot - are now much better at resolving when they will collide with objects and what path to take to avoid it.
- Added trolley problem resolution module to AI. Ships are now able to recognize lesser evil and take an unfavourable choice if it allows them to avoid a catastrophic one.
- Ships are now capable of efficiently using their main thrust to help with manoeuvres if the situation calls for it.
- Improved anticipation heuristics for burnfinder make ships rotate in anticipation of deceleration only after they complete their manoeuvring.
- The big LIDAR display on your Pilot tab will now use the same data as your main LIDAR. Most noticeably, after an astrogation jump, it will immediately display the new surroundings.
- Fixed a bug that caused tuning values for Point Defence equipment to be ignored during a dive.
0.538.4 - Autonomic Love
Mandatory IFF Pilot training
- Following a number of accidents involving the misuse of autonomous weapons, all the licenced pilots operating in the Enceladus space are required to undergo annual training on the operation of autonomous targeting systems. While the Enceladus Corp spokesman claims that the sole purpose of the training is to increase the safety of the station occupants, a number of mining guilds protest this mandatory activity as an additional thinly veiled tax imposed by the station.
New community patch for EIAA-1337 autopilot
- A new community patch to the infamous autonomous EIAA-1337 autopilot reached a release candidate stage today. Taking advantage of the MIT licence of the software, a group of developers introduced an overhaul to the notoriously sparse visual interface of the device in order to expose its internal decision process. The merge request quotes a capability to “finally understand what the damaged thing is trying to do and perhaps not fly with your finger on the power switch all the time”. Elon Interstellar already integrated the changes into their next OTA update.
New simulation theory breakthrough
- Researchers led by dr Bostrom announced today a new breakthrough in the field of simulation theory; the idea that we live in a universe run as an immensely complex simulation. New experiments seem to bind well-known quantum phenomena with the simulation theory, suggesting that the universe seems to be approximating the quantum results when no one is observing them. Dr Bostrom suggests that we could abuse observed phenomenons to introduce additional shortcuts in quantum reasoning algorithms, significantly increasing the computing capacity of modern devices.
- Added the Pilot tab, with a full-screen LIDAR, the ability to hail ships and configure the Identify Friend and Foe settings for your ship.
- New Tactical Awareness markers for friendly and hostile ships, as identified by your onboard IFF, make it easy to spot hostiles on screen and estimate the damage inflicted.
- EIAA-1337 autonomic autopilot is now equipped with visual feedback exposing the internal decision processes of the system.
- Extended Point Defence targeting protocol, with tuneable targeting criteria, ability to ignore obscured targets and optimize the turret turn ratio.
- Enhanced the Geologist Mineral Markers. Your ship can now display 400% more and when they overflow, the marker with the least value is expired first, making the marker display more consistent and useful when mining overzealously.
- Performance improvements for both the Enceladus station and the Rings.
- A number of stability upgrades.
- Radiators of Antonoff-Titan K225 will not remain on screen when the ship is exploding.
- After an astrogation jump, ships and stations could ignore you if you arrived in their comms range.
- Adjusted the hearing-impaired visual aid on the edges of the screen to be more subtle - in line with the music shifts that they are representing.
- Improved AI collision prediction. Both NPC ships and autonomic autopilots are now better at detecting collisions and can navigate better around large objects. Your pilot's adrenaline boost will also not trigger so often when you navigate around large objects.
- HUD size slider can make the HUD even bigger now, which is useful on vertical displays.
- A side-mounted Cargo Container or Mining Companion would appear to be above an SPC Gungnir assembly.
- Game engine updated to Godot 3.5, bringing new performance features, asynchronous shader compilation and the latest stability enhancements.
- Using the kinetic point defence turrets now counts towards the achievement. This change is retroactive.
- Improved the error reporting handler.
- Fixed a display glitch on the cargo bays mineral scanner display.
0.532.1 - Friends and Foes
- Your astrogator tactical awareness skill will now place different markers on ships recognized as hostile, equipped with damage estimation of the target.
- Changed the physics of small very objects, like certain crystals and isolated pockets of carbon. They will now fit between the gaps in your cargo hold and will not clog your mineral processing units.
- Streamlined the background resource loading. You will be able to jump into the game a few seconds quicker.
- Improved performance of the Enceladus Prime station, which should be especially noticeable on slower computers.
- Already captured rogue cargo containers won’t play “nearby mystery” music anymore.
- The smart camera will not zoom out or in slowly when you are holding the right mouse button and an interesting object simultaneously moves into the field of view.
- Attached mining companions could prevent you from astrogating.
0.530.6 - Vertigo Effect
- When you opened your Onboard Maintenence System menu for the very first time each dive, you could not navigate using just a keyboard or gamepad. Subsequent visits to the OMS menu worked fine.
- Fixed the jury-rigging not being initialized properly for your ship, causing weird behaviour of your Mechanic OMS tab.
- Adjusted the background of the Dive Summary screen, so it’s less likely to cause discomfort.
0.530.3 - Enceladus Tour
- New Services menu in the Enceladus Prime. You can opt to stay at hotels and resorts, or take your crew to a bar. This supersedes previously available time skip buttons and gives extra gameplay effects, depending on your choice.
- Improved drone tuning visualizer. The previous visualizer caused some of the players to feel slight nausea due to the moving patterns, I worked with them to change it in a way that presents the same information but does not cause issues.
- Improved performance of ship initialization. You should feel even fewer lag spikes when ships spawn around you.
- Vastly improved performance of the Dealer menu at Enceladus Prime station.
- The smart camera will not re-centre itself if you are holding down one of the mouse buttons.
- The smart camera will not zoom in or out if you are holding the right mouse button to prevent accidental ship turns.
- Increased the minimum size of the ship preview window in the Dealer to ensure that all ship information is always visible.
- Improved the monitor placement detection code. Previous code could be confused with some exotic monitor layouts.
- You can cure cancer during a crew quest now.
- When flying KR37 with the MA337 autopilot installed, the lidar overlay ring would break and flicker inside caves, when surrounded by a rock structure.
- The Big Bad Wolf will try to not shoot you accidentally anymore.
- When using AT-K225 HUD with a damaged onboard computer and full or nearly full cargo container, the processed cargo readout could exceed the stated capacity of the container, causing flickering and sounding ship-wide alarms. You can still get inaccurate readings with a broken-down computer, but they will not trigger alarms anymore.
- Activating the “unmarked” filter in the Geologist tab will now cause your systems to ignore the minimum price for the unmarked ore since by definition it can’t have any price estimation assigned.
0.524.3 - Safety Protocol
- Relaxed safety protocols of NDPT-4205 point defence turrets. The firing solution computer was overzealous at times, limiting the fire cone far more than it should - in extreme cases completely preventing the fire on certain ships and mounts.
- Adjusted position of spinally-mounted NDPT-4205 on all the ships with spinal mounts.
- All the docking arms are now more rigid, preventing the cradled equipment wiggle in the fully locked position, which was especially noticeable in lower physics framerates.
- Cargo Containers and similar equipment could spin out of alignment when the initial cutscene was terminating.
- The game no-longer relies on your operating system to provide an order of multiple monitors, as some systems used to change their minds about which monitor was the primary one on subsequent boots, causing the game to switch to an undesired monitor. You might need to change the monitor you want to use in settings when you first start this version, but the choice should be persistent now - as long as you don’t re-position the monitors.
- Fixed interlunar propellant usage for ships to use a correct value. If you tuned your Xenon drive usage, you might want to re-examine the tuning option before starting a dive.
- Uranium Caves could disappear prematurely from your Astrogation list if you followed a specific order of actions.
- Re-balanced dialogue frequencies of friendly encounters with miners. Some of the dialogue options were underutilized and quite rare. You should perceive that as a wider range of replies possible from miners if you are on friendly terms with them.
- Miners will not hit you on how to obtain a hardware licence if it’s apparent that you already have that licence.
- The dive entry selection screen will now take into account the amount of propellant and other consumables you will take aboard when displaying the propellant required for entry burn.
- Improved performance of the ship setup, making ship spawns faster. This should prevent slight lags you could see when new ships entered the detailed simulation area.
- When you fly to a Vilcy drop point, the ship awaiting you there will not fly away as soon as it finishes talking to you. Flying away caused the ship to re-spawn nearby and re-initialize the dialogue, as long as you remained in the area.
- When you dock to a ship at a drop point for a prisoner transfer, you will be now able to continue the dialogue, making obtaining the bounty hunting licence smoother.
- If you docked into an Obonto station after opening fire at them and apologizing, you could be able to confirm a trade deal that was not proposed, breaking the dialogue tree.
- Crewmember that left your ship on a successful salvage operation will return aboard when you return to Enceladus automatically.
- Significantly improved the performance of the Crew menu at Enceladus station and added better animations to showcase new crew being available and being hired. This also improves the performance of all the time skips.
- Search and Rescue teams will not ask you if you have seen someone to rescue when there is a stranded ship just next to them.
- Vilcy patrols will not ask if you have seen something suspicious or warn about rumoured piracy in the area if you are in the middle of combat with a pirate already.
- When telling your crewmember to get out from your ship during a quest event, you will now see the proper EVA action happening.
- Mod loader will now look for mods at the correct path on OSX system.
- New achievement.
- Updated translations.
- Fixed a number of typos.
- Tales from the Rings - a collection of short stories - added to the namesake free DLC
0.523.2 - Bullet Heaven
- New Nakamura Dynamics NDPT-4205 Point Defence Turret can now be unlocked and purchased.
- Additional interactions with Obonto Habitats and independent miners.
- Hardware and Tuning menu simulations for point defence turrets will now present the simulated ship with a constant hail of targets.
- Improved Dynamic Temporal Simulation Simplification performance on low-end hardware, making the game much smoother when the system adjusts the physics framerate to your hardware capabilities.
- Some combat patrols could last for hours if you had really bad luck and did not encounter any targets. Your wingmen will now terminate the patrol in that case.
- Choosing a borderless window mode on the Windows platform will now actually use the borderless window, and not silently fall into an exclusive full-screen mode. This will degrade performance a bit in that mode but help with most screen-capturing issues. You can switch to exclusive fullscreen in the Settings menu to restore the high-performance behaviour.
- Some point defence turrets, including these mounted on habitats, now have safety protocols and will try to avoid hitting friendly targets. These systems are not foolproof.
- Updated translations.
0.520.5 - Pre-emption Rights
- Sick and injured mechanics will not fix your ships.
- Miners passing you on the very rim of the rings will now be less likely to mine around you and will try to find their own mining spot.
- Miners will now recognize deployed claim beacons and should not challenge you when there is a claim in plain sight.
- Incoming communication displayed on the Eagle Prospector HUD installed on AT-K225 will now be displayed correctly.
- Flying with fly-by-wire capable autopilot, but with the onboard computer turned off or the FBW capability disabled, will now count towards the “Driving Stick” achievement.
- Attached steering wheels and similar devices will not scroll the game menus when you pick keyboard+mouse as a control scheme.
- You could enter the OMS menu while the astrogation cutscene was in progress, which resulted in a slowly-fading black screen covering your menus.
- When you started a habitat trade while a notification was displayed on the screen, you would get multiple trade notifications in a row.
- Grinder of the Eagle Prospector will now sound right when you have it open in the OMS menu and during adrenaline surges.
- Adjusted physical shape of the AT-K225 collider, making its docking bays larger and less likely to be damaged by containers moving inside them during rapid manoeuvres.
Tales From The Rings free DLC expanded with:
- AT-K225 3d model.
- AT-K225 skin template.
0.520.2 - Total Recall
- A new drone control visualizer in the Tuning menu will show you exactly how the drones will direct the ore, as well as visually represent the minimum and maximum range settings.
- New haul drone system tuning option - deceleration zone.
- Improved algorithm for MLF Haul Drones for ore directly behind your ship.
- While Elon Interstellar Excavator would not jerk open unexpectedly, it could still be stuck open if you pushed its jaw outside of the actuator range.
- Improved performance of the Hardware menu simulations and hardware listings.
- When you re-visited previously discovered Uranium Caves or a Space Bar, you could get again the Moonlet discovery, only to be superseded with a more detailed one when you entered the interior.
- Mystery music would play around a Space Bar you already discovered and visited again.
- Fixed SPC Gungnir projectile velocity listed in the Hardware menu.
- The Geologist panel would shift a bit when you adjusted the minimum price for your drone systems.
- Separate printing audio for the Voyager RSLS.
- Events you discover will now immediately be placed on your Astrogation map.
- Thruster flares on the visual feed could disappear if your mission took many in-game days.
- Eagle prospector HUD would flicker when you power it on if you installed it on a ship with a lot of equipment installed, like AT-K225.
- Voyager will now print drones 400% faster.
- Updated translations.
0.518.17 - Element of Surprise
Antonoff-Titan AT-K225 hits the market
- Made in collaboration with Titan Heavy Industries and Antonoff, AT-K225 general cargo carrier features a modular design capable of adopting a wide range of cargo requirements. The processed cargo storage relies on dedicated THI docking bays to host up to 6 compatible autonomous containers to increase ships' cargo capacity. A stock variant comes with a standard THI Cargo Containers pre-installed.
New sensor data protocol
- Improvements in compression and predictive error-correction algorithms lead to development of an improved sensor data protocol, boasting over an 80% increase in bandwidth accompanied by vastly improved error resistance. On-board computers featuring new protocols are expected to hit the commercial market this year.
Elon Intersteallar Recall
- Elon Interstellar issued a limited recall on its Model E excavation ship. The newly discovered flaw in the signature excavator/cargo bay combo caused actuators to misfire under high stress and rapidly open the cargo bay, leading to both dangerous shifts in the ship's centre of mass and direct damage to the craft. Both the actuators and any damaged cargo bay doors will be replaced free of charge.
- Antonoff-Titan AT-K225 is now available for purchase.
- The new AT-K225 Head-Up Display can now be retrofitted to ships.
- Obonto habitats will now dock ships further away, making docking easier and allowing them to dock bigger ships.
- Adjusted performance settings for asteroids spawning, which could stop all ice generation if enough ships and drones were on screen.
- New proximity buffer tuning setting for MLF Haul drones control how close to your ship drones can keep ore.
- Music changes were subject to performance throttling, making music changes inconsistent across machines.
- Improved performance of graphical displays on all Head-Up Displays.
- Improved performance of physics/collision computations.
- Improved performance of charts in Tuning and Hardware menus and on Head-Up Displays that use them.
- Greatly improved performance of thruster physics simulations, which is most noticeable when multiple ships or a drone swarm approaches your position.
- Fixed a physics model bug that caused the Elon Interstellar Model E excavator to jerk open on some occasions, which could damage your ship.
- Added missing mipmaps on EIME excavator sprites, which makes them look better at distance.
- Having multiple mining companions mounted on your ship will not cause the camera at Enceladus Prime to zoom out further out.
- Excavator opened with a double-tap action will now stay open when you enter the OMS menu.
- Changed how AI and your pilots perceive the shape of the Phage Class stations, which used to freak out pilots and AI when they got near them.
- Haul drones will now release any target that entered a cargo hold immediately.
- Pirates that really hate you, but ask for a truce themselves due to circumstances won’t open fire on you once you close the comms window.
- You could fix some of your hardware in-flight when you adjusted jury-rig settings and caused damage again.
- Hitting something massive with an Elon Interstellar Model E excavator will not bounce you aside so much anymore.
- Shader animations running on GPU (like the ringstorm discharge or HUD elements on Eagle Prospector) will now respect pause mode and time dilation.
- Racing autopilot course predictions on big ships like Cothon-212 or AT-K225 were not accurate.
- Cradled equipment like mining companions and cargo containers could collide with your ship hull when spawning, which misaligned them when you examined the ship or started a dive.
- When you pick a new astrogation destination while the trajectory countdown is in progress, the counter will reset now.
- Crew after performing EVA could get stuck visually to the ship they flew from.
- New achievements.
- Updated translations.
0.514.6 - Null Void
- When you discover astrogation points through the dialogues while being near the edge of the map, the discovery could end up 10 times further away from you than it should be.
- Ships your crew goes to during their personal quests will not be hostile towards you if you shot them before they boarded.
- When astrogating from one moonlet to another you could end up in an empty region of space instead.
- Vilcy Drop Point time limit won’t extend every time you ask patrols where to deposit prisoners.
0.514.3 - Shifting Gears
- A number of performance improvements for mid-range machines that don’t have a lot of L3 CPU cache. This should significantly improve performance with advanced autopilots, busy HUDs, near NPC-controlled ships and in the Mineral Market.
- New modding infrastructure, which allows mods that are less intrusive and more likely to work across game updates. Note that mods are still not officially supported, can cause all kinds of problems, corrupt saves, cause crashes, etc. This is not a feature for the faint of heart at this stage of development. Should you want to try, despite the warnings, find details on #mod-library on our discord
- The salvage manipulator will now ignore new targets during the astrogation cutscene. This prevents accidental snatching of large asteroids that could cause serious damage when you arrived.
- The mineral market will now always show the minimum and maximum values of the ores on charts.
- Excavator would open if you quickly alt-tabbed out of the game multiple times while the Streaming mode was activated.
- Astrogation points you have a track of are now unlikely to unexpectedly change locations in the rings.
- Obonto habitats won’t cluster in tight formations anymore.
- Habitats will now be able to tell you that they are relocating to a new spot.
- Ships you agreed to meet in a specific spot won’t approach you at random anymore.
- Thrusters and torches will not cause thermal damage during a final return cutscene when your ship flies above or below the rings. This prevents accidental destruction of ships if you decide to return to the base near them.
- The rogue THI Cargo Containers that you can sometimes encounter in the rings will now have a correct course and faction.
- If you manage to catch a racing drone and release it again before the race starts, it will power up again.
- Random events you discover during dialogues will now be more spread out.
0.511.4 - Quantity and Quality
- The cargo manifest and processed cargo manifest are now more condensed.
- The processed cargo manifest will now explicitly display how much cargo is stored in external cargo containers.
- Moved the processed cargo manifest on the Eagle Prospector HUD to another spot to prevent obscuring the entrance of your cargo hold.
- Holding the “hold position” button when flying EI1337 autopilot will now disable collision avoidance as long as the button is held.
- Physical displays on the HAL HUD now apply their curvature to texts displayed on them.
- The movement of the physical displays of the HAL HUD is now much subtler.
- When sending the crew on an EVA mission through a dialogue option, you will now see them perform the EVA flight.
- Added new smart camera option: smoothed movement without automatic excavator zoom.
- New double-tap excavator control that keeps your excavator open. You can adjust sensitivity in the Settings menu.
- You can play your own advertisements on the Enceladus station screen.
- You can now tune the angular velocity limit of the autopilot up to 360 degrees per second, which was the stock setting of the Bald Eagle.
- EVA mechanic crew visible on Enceladus now respect proper parallax when your camera moves during the launch sequence.
- Fixed missing Chinese/Korean font on the Eagle Prospector HUD.
- When you discover something more specific about a location, your astrogation listing will update by replacing the generic discovery with the specific one, instead of listing both.
- The repair crew on Enceladus won’t flicker in and out of existence as they weld your ship back into shape.
- Text on the dock billboard will now wrap to the next line if it exceeds the screen size.
- NPC ships will not attempt to communicate with asteroids anymore.
- The hacking sequence now uses correct Linux commands.
- Reactor explosions are now visible on the visual feed.
- When adjusting lighting settings at the Enceladus Prime station menu, you could activate lights on the docking arm that were supposed to be dormant.
- The phage-class stations will not cause the game to play the “mystery is near” music once you discover them.
- Known locations won’t play “mystery is near” music when you astrogate to them on subsequent missions - unless there is something more to discover.
- When your cargo manifest and processed cargo manifest was nearly full, the window of K37 hud showing your cargo bay could resize, restarting the cargo bay microseismic scanner.
- Added new achievement.
- Updated translations.
0.505.7 - Unspeakable
- Fixed missing ship description.
0.505.6 - Moving Pictures
Entertainment and Advertising
- Short movies and advertisements now run at idle information boards in docking areas. Many have already criticized the information boards as a blatant move to create advertising space, and this seems to bear out their worries. However, some crews waiting for dive clearance approval expressed relief for anything to watch as they wait for approval to depart. Enceladus Corp has denied accusations that increases in wait times are an intentional move to boost their advertising metrics.
Third party remote manipulator software approved
- After years of stagnant drivers and software hindering the effective use of Triskelion-Armstrong’s ARM-1500 platform outside of salvage and cargo operations, third-party software has been approved for use in Ring A. With more advanced software packages available, this move is expected to increase their effectiveness in mining operations.
Astrogation protocols updated
- New requirements for record keeping now mandate closer tracking and more detailed records of any objects of interest in the rings, to aid in tracking navigational hazards. Ring researchers hope to use the additional data to gain a better understanding of the complex gravitational interactions within the rings.
- AR 1500 Salvage Manipulator can now be directed on your Geologist tab to pick up specific ores.
- New Titan Heavy Industries Monocargo Container is now available in the hardware store near you.
- Display boards all across Enceladus station now display mini-movies to entertain the crew of the docked ships.
- Your astrogator will now be able to record more than one discovery with the same name.
- Removed the blinking lights from the background of Enceladus Prime station.
- Updated the Bald Eagle description to reflect 2 low-stress hardpoints that are available on the ship.
- The amount of camera pan was dependent on the resolution you were playing in. This caused the game to move the viewport further away on 4K displays, and hardly move the camera on small displays, like Steam Deck. Camera panning is consistent now.
- Window decoration settings are now updated only when needed. This fixes window decorations flickering on and off when adjusting unrelated display settings.
- Fixed a memory leak that could crash the game when you fast-forwarded time on the station.
- You won’t receive two notifications for the same discovery anymore.
- Labels on the Mechanic tab are now vertically centred.
- Turning off the background particles used more resources than it should.
- Some of the UI buttons sounds in the Settings menu played multiple times, making them louder than others.
- If you meet the racing crew after you already scheduled the race, they will acknowledge it.
- Updated translations.
0.501.5 - Market Hack
- Patched an exploit that could allow you to break the market and corrupt your save.
- You can now store up to 10,000 metric tonnes of a single mineral on the Enceladus station. The excess will be sold automatically.
- Changed the way geologist predictions work. Now they are based on how sure your geologist is about the trend and can ebb and flow.
0.501.1 - Cryomarket Crash
Mineral Market Deregulation
- In yesterdays meeting the board of Enceladus Corp voted to lift the price regulation rules of the Mineral Market. Effective today the station owners will no longer impose arbitrary prices based on external factors and the market will rely on supply and demand generated by its participants. While the majority of the market participants welcome this change, the Mining Guild raises concerns that deregulated ore prices might result in unprecedented inflation.
Extended pre-flight inspections
- After another incident with a spaceship stranded on the rim of the A-Ring directly after orbital insertion due to inadequate propellant load, pre-flight inspections will now include checking the propellant level of all crafts that leave the station. Numerous independent contractors raise concerns that this step was taken not to improve crew safety, but rather to force all contractors to submit detailed flight plans, exposing their excavation zones to Enceladus Corp.
Auxiliary loophole closed
- Starting this month, the auxiliary power systems will not be classified as ship accessories, but rather power system extensions. The previous classification as accessory allowed manufacturers to omit parts of the specification, such as the mass of the unit, from their marketing material. Reclassification closes this loophole, forcing both manufacturers and distributors to comply with all ship extension regulations.
- Your actions can now influence the Mineral Market prices on Enceladus. The effect of this change is retroactive and all past purchases and sales will now be reflected in the prices.
- Market chart predictions for inexperienced geologists will now be more chaotic, making investments riskier.
- Ammunition, propellant and nanodrone component prices are now tied to mineral market prices of iron, water and platinum respectively.
- When you employ or dismiss a crewmember, the Mineral Market price prediction chart will now update immediately.
- Auxiliary power systems now have mass.
- The dive selection screen will now show the amount of propellant required to perform orbital insertion, warn you if you did not take enough to complete the manoeuvre and prevent you from launching until you take enough.
- Dialogue during combat was prone to looping and repeating the same commands if little changed between messages.
- Skipping ahead time in Enceladus while trading will now record subsequent trade days as separate events in your ship logs.
- THI Cargo Container will again leave a 500 kg buffer of ore on your ship to handle trade and drone fabrication without requiring a manual switch of the container pumps.
- Lifepods you recover in the rings won’t be recorded in your ship logs as salvaged ships.
- Audio feedback from lifepod radio will now respect time slowdown.
- When pressing analogue control on the gamepad and moving the mouse simultaneously the icons on the screen changed a few hundred times per second, which could flood the buffers and cause crashes.
- HUD scale slider in settings also affected the zoom level of your ship's reconnaissance drone camera as long as the setting menu was opened.
- The game could crash when loading a slightly corrupted save.
- Improved performance of the Enceladus station menu.
- When examining autopilots in the Hardware menu, the simulation will now show a shadow simulation of your currently equipped autopilot, showcasing the difference in behaviour.
- When you asked bounty hunters what to do with prisoners, the coordinates of the drop point you got would expire as soon as you visited it. It will now persist for 30 days.
- When someone leaves your crew and takes another ship during a quest event, they will now leave your crew immediately.
- If you manage to externally fire up a thruster in a ship that is not operational by applying sufficient heat, the thruster valve will automatically close. This prevents accidental ignition of the thrust of cargo containers and mining companions using your own thrusters, which would fire constantly until released.
- Fixed a number of typos.
0.498.6 - Little Helpers
MLF Haul Drone recall
- Following a number of lawsuits from independent mining contractors, Minding LF issued a mandatory recall on their popular Haul Drone systems, replacing a faulty neural processing chip. Company stated that while the old chip performed within required operational parameters and MLF can’t be reasonably held accountable for ship damages caused by mishandling, they are releasing updated safety imprints as a gesture of goodwill.
THI Cargo Containers facelift
- Titan Heavy Industries released a facelifted version of their signature Cargo Containers this week. Improvements include direct interface with geology station using both SANBUS interface as well as dedicated Titan Heavy Bus, which gives much finer control over the semi-autonomous storage and transport system to its operators.
Special deorbiting fee
- After the M374-A moonlet incident, in which an intoxicated crew of a “Retrograde Burn” pushed that moonlet out of the plane of the rings, causing a persisting gravitational ripples across the A-ring and an estimated 13 billion damages in lost potential mining profits, Enceladus Corp introduced special deorbiting fees to be incurred on attempts to destabilize the moonlets. The fee is set at flat rate of 1 milion E$ per incident and the enforcement will begin next week.
- New MLF Haul Drone behavior takes into account movement of your ship in relation to ore in front of you, position of your excavator and if it’s open.
- New control options over THI Cargo Containers on your Geologist tab. You can now choose which container should take which minerals, get ability to manually pump them out to your ship cargo hold for trade and see a detailed breakdown of processed mineral storage.
- Mineral pumping speed in and out of THI Cargo Containers raised from 100kg/s to 500kg/s, resulting in faster habitat mineral trade.
- THI Cargo Containers will not leave 500kg trading mineral buffer on your ship anymore. You can opt to pump minerals back to your ship on-board storage on the Geologist tab of your OMS.
- Updated simulations for drone systems in the Hardware menu to showcase new MLF Haul Drone behaviour better.
- The default minimum range of the drone systems is reduced to 0m, as the new heuristics are able to handle ore next to your ship gracefully.
- When taking some of the dialogue options you could end up with a Vilcy Drop Point that would vanish every time you visit it, instead of waiting for 30 days for you.
- AI would ignore any object that could not be held in a cargo hold, like moonlets and other big items, when computing collision avoidance, resulting in both NPC ships and EI1337 autopilot ramming them.
- In some cased long-lasting audio would slow down during adrenaline events and not speed up again until you released the button.
- Unpausing the game using the “resume game” button, rather than ESC keypress, would leave the muffled filter on music activated.
- Adjusted the position of the EMIE HUD Augmented Reality cargo hold display when installed on the Vulture Prospector to not obscure the grinding area.
0.494.11 - Terminal Resolution
- Further improved Elon Interstellar Model E HUD performance.
- High-resolution LIDAR display on Runasimi KR37 could corrupt the display of EIME HUD near huge objects.
- Ship transponders on high-resolution LIDARs could fade away between sweeps.
0.494.8 - Heads Up
- Eagle Prospector HUD system list will not overflow even when there are a lot of systems installed.
- EIME HUD now has a longer range of LIDAR.
- Improved performance of EIME HUD.
- HUD boot-up sounds now respect time-related pitch changes when you use an adrenaline booster.
- Improved performance of the Dealer menu when you own a lot of ships.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect prices of an owned ship to be displayed depending on which button you used to display your ship.
- Fixed hotkeys that toggle front low-stress hardpoints on K44 prototype.
- Fixed cargo hold area of K44 prototype, which didn’t consider ore held in the very tip of it’s beak to be part of your cargo.
- Removed redundant log entries that could cause slowdowns due to disk access.
- Notifications that pop up during the dive won’t capture mouse clicks, allowing you to interact with screens below them even when they are displayed.
- Some ships used unlisted reactor core configuration. Owned ships with unlisted configuration will now default to closest legal configuration.
- Hardware simulation window now has minimum size to ensure that the entire description is visible even on small monitors.
0.494.3 - Digital Facelift
Modified ships approved
- Multiple ship modifications, including both factory modifcations and aftermarket kits, were approved this week for operation and sale on the Enceladian station. Among the approved models were the Conlido Cothon-211 and 213 variants, the Mistudaya-Starbus Vulture Prospector and post-facelift versions of the Rusatom-Antonoff K37.
Another Digital Mimas performance
- After the success of their previous classical music performance, The Digital Mimas Orchestra will hold another concert in Enceladus netspace. Tickets for the previous performance sold out in 2.4 minutes, so for this event performance bandwidth allocation will be raised to 15000 attendees. Ticket sales will start at midnight.
Information boards at docks
- Due to a recently net-famous mixup at the docks, in which a mixup led the captain of the Stupendous Identity to board the Stupendous Idiot(and his subsequent mauling by the captain’s pet ocelot), Enceladus has mounted displays at each ship berth. These render the ship’s name and flight status clearly visible, regardless of the poor lighting available at the docking ring. Enceladus has not responded for comment on the claims that they were primarily mounted in preparation for delivering targeted advertising to ship captains.
- Added ship hull variants. The ship hulls you can purchase at your local Enceladian Dealership have now multiple variants. You can find pre-facelift models, dedicated modifications made by companies or long thrusterbase versions of your favourite crafts. A total of 7 ship variants were added in this release for a grand total of 12 playable ships.
- Reworked Dealer interface to present new data about the ships in a more organized way and work better on smaller displays. The ship description now occupies a prominent space, and ship statistics were moved to the Examine Ship tab. Ship name, model and price are now displayed above the tabs.
- New ship comfort gameplay mechanics. Some ships are just comfortable, and flying them is a real joy, while others are a pain to operate and affect crew morale negatively. A happy crew will perform better and are less likely to ask for raises.
- Added an additional soundtrack.
- Reworked lighting at Enceladus station. There are fewer flashing lights now, and these that remain turn on and off gradually for a less jarring experience.
- Information billboard on the Enceladus station, showing primary data about your ship.
- The model of the ship you are purchasing is now prominently displayed on the Dealer screen.
- When you begin a crew quest related to a particular habitat and already have their coordinates, the crew will acknowledge that.
- Crew quests events are now more frequent.
- The ERS2205 torch used 12MW of electrical power instead of 120MW, as the description claimed.
- Friendly ships now keep 50% longer distance from you and will approach you 50% faster.
- If your ship runs out of propellant, but you manage to eject a cargo container before rescue is dispatched, you will retain the cargo that returns autonomically.
- Added stiff rotation limiter to Eagle Prospectors grinders to prevent them from being pushed into the cargo hold with energetic impacts.
- When you bring multiple lifepods to collect bounty to Vilcy HQ, you will get separate bounties for each of them.
- Added additional defences to Vilcy HQ.
- Re-visiting a known location will display a notification when your astrogation coordinates update.
- Fixed a memory leak that caused a permanent performance degradation when you owned a lot of ships.
- When defusing hostilities with the Ganymedean station in the middle of combat, the station could offer you a truce and still immediately open fire again.
- Some ships had unlisted ammo compartment seals, corrupting the purchases of other ammo compartments in the Hardware menu.
- When playing with a gamepad or keyboard alone, the smart camera could position itself to make parts of your ship go off-screen.
- Both Repair menu and Crew menu stats will now account for mechanics that are not currently active crew but still help repair your ship.
- Improved performance of Enceladus station background.
- Updated translations.
0.486.25 - Displayed Aspect
- Fixed some lighting glitches on Enceladus station, with some of the spotlights being pointed in a wrong direction.
- Added population to the docking ring.
- When your ship is damaged, you’ll now see the repair crew fixing it on the Enceladus station.
- Mystery music will fade away to normal background sound once you discover the mystery in question. This changes the music - and the blue visual cue - around frequently-visited discoveries, such as habitats and moonlets.
- Mystery music will now trigger in more weird encounters, making them easier to spot.
- Visual glitches from overheated computers are now less pronounced when your computer is barely damaged.
- Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage devices will now switch from charging to discharge much quicker and will be able to power a highly-demanding hardware even if you don’t have a large ultracapacitor array to back up the peak usage.
- When perceived flow of time changes the sound effect will have lowered pitch now.
- Improved gamepad and keyboard controls in Enceladus station. You won’t be able to accidentally close your menu by pressing left direction on your keyboard or d-pad.
- When you exited the Crew menu using gamepad or keyboard, focus was lost on the main Enceladus menu.
- Improved performance of LIDAR rendering.
- Some of the pirates you could encounter, defeat and salvage had ships with turbines and ultracapacitors that were not available in the hardware menu, making it impossible to sell them.
- Improved fullscreen, window and borderless window handling on Linux systems. The window should now respect all window manager configurations and toolbars.
- Improved performance of window scaling when in windowed mode.
- Fixed an aspect ratio scaling bug that caused the game to overflow the screen on thin vertical monitors. Game now supports a full range of monitors from 4:1 to 1:4 aspect ratios.
- When you lose a crewmember during ringdive, the appropriate OMS screen reflection will be updated accordingly.
0.484.18 - Folding Space
- When you open your OMS screen after receiving a new message, the comms window won’t scroll from the very beginning.
- Income and expenses during ringdive now have separate positions in the ship logs.
- Improved B8 Claim Beacon’s autopilots so they make better use of their thrusters and reaction wheels.
- Adjusted Eagle Prospector’s cargo baffle spring stiffness to make it easier to ingest low-density ore.
- In rare circumstances, objects that were not supposed to could follow you through an astrogation jump.
- Gamepad controls of the autopilot did not work if you explicitly selected the gamepad as an input, but they worked fine with auto-selection.
- Some of the buttons were skipped when you navigated the settings menu with a gamepad or keyboard.
- When switching the control scheme from keyboard + mouse to gamepad while your control settings are open, the focus will adjust to a correct widget.
0.484.13 - Entangled Telecomunication
- The comms window will now always scroll all the way down when you receive a message, so you won’t miss any reply options.
- You can now scroll your comms window with analogue gamepad controls.
- When you collect an ore chunk you were targetting with your autopilot, your ship will continue on the same trajectory it was following before interception, conserving propellant.
- Gamepad controls for EI1337 autonomic autopilot now work the same way as for other autopilots.
- When you complete a crew quest that involves finding a family member and your crewmember survives the encounter, he won’t be asking ships if they have seen them anymore.
- Fixed a race condition that could sometimes cause the game to hang up when switching from Enceladus to Rings and back, preventing you from either leaving the station or returning to it.
- Dismissing your crewmember could cause your game to crash.
- Added “bonus content” button when bonus content is available.
- Fixed a number of typos.
0.484.8 - Continuous Variety
- Improved gamepad controls. You now have better autopilot aiming, a brand new gamepad controls screen in settings, autopilot aiming assist and both relative and absolute control schemes.
- Equipment won’t be targeted by your gamepad targeting beam anymore.
- You can now pan the screen with your right analogue stick on your gamepad.
- Sliders in the tuning menu can now be controlled with analogue sticks on your gamepad.
- Updated the tutorial with new gamepad controls.
- Habitats are less likely to turn their point-defence weapons on you for minor infractions.
- Ships that use microwave emitters are quicker to disengage now.
- Processed cargo on the dive summary screen is now attributed to your ship.
- “Space Western” mood and soundtrack are now more common.
- Power and reactive mass consumption, as well as thermal damage of thrusters and torches with a significant wind-up time, will scale during the ignition appropriately.
- Fixed a bug that could result in some of the achievements to unlock prematurely.
- Anomalies and events won’t appear on the very rim of the rings, in regions where your autopilot could take over and take you back to the station.
- Obonto habitats always greeted you with trading dialogue when you docked, even if you did not agree to trade.
- Relative crew skill levels on the “Hire Crew” tab will update when you put people on and off active duty.
- Updated the translations.
0.480.5 - Devil in Details
- Distance markers on LIDAR were not up-to scale.
- Made distance markers on LIDAR easier to read.
- Added interface with Mining Companions to the User Manual of the Guiding Drone upgrade.
- One of the branches in conversation you could have with the Phage station didn’t grant you the achievement you were supposed to get for it.
0.480.4 - Legal Combat
Runasimi loses on a technicality
The leading producer of LIDAR hardware, Runasimi Inc, lost a case in First Enceladian Court over not exposing rangefinding capabilities in their software package. The case presented by an independent contractor hinged over a technicality of having “Ranging” present in the name of “Light Detection and Ranging” equipment. While Runasimi accepted the ruling and rolled out an OTA update to their software, the company soon retaliated by suing the contractor for unlicensed use of military-grade targeting hardware.
Obonto shackles companions
Obonto Microengineering in cooperation with Nakamura Dynamics rolled out an unexpected upgrade to its popular reconnaissance drone. By cleverly subverting the standard SANBUS protocol of modern ships the upgraded drone is able to remotely inject operational imperatives to the class-2 artificial intelligence of Nakamura-Titan Mining Companions, enabling captains to direct the notoriously quirky drones with commands that they cannot disobey. AI researchers raised concerns over the possible unexpected side effects of connecting AI systems with a remote network.
Salvage audits across the station
With an increasing number of independent contractors entering the salvage operations industry, Enceladus Corp is conducting a station-wide audit of the salvage logs. Station authorities will search for both illegitimate salvages and any unusual salvage patterns that might suggest foul play.
- LIDAR display now shows scale.
- Autopilot overlay for all autopilots will now show relative velocity and distance to your current target.
- Nakamura-Titan Mining Companions now communicate with each other using your onboard Ship Area Network BUS, coordinating efforts to capture multiple ore nuggets at the same time.
- NT mining companions can now be controlled with Obonto Microengineering Guiding Drone.
- The dive summary screen will now list who brought in which nugget, making it easier to estimate the performance of hired miner wingmen and mining companions.
- Ore carried by Mining Companions could be lost when they returned to Enceladus on their own.
- Non-player controlled ships equipped with salvage arms won’t transfer ships they capture to the player.
- Ships salvaged in the rings will now show up in your ship logs.
- Eagle Prospector autopilot would trigger an alarm siren if you flew over 50m/s with an - FBW-enabled autopilot and used WASD controls while pressing the right mouse button to orient your ship.
- When launching a Cothon-212 with 5an empty beacon cradle in front low-stress mount and another cradled equipment fitted in the back, the latter was inadvertently released during the launch sequence.
- In some regions of the rings, a map seam caused a number of glitches, including thruster flares not being visible on visual feed, ships orienting in a wrong direction during astrogation and astrogating backwards.
- Pirate traps near moonlets won’t be present on peaceful difficulty anymore.
- DLC are now properly recognized and loaded on OSX systems.
0.477.13 - Quantum Tunneling
- When your crew levels up at the very start of a dive, the notification will not be obscured by the initial cutscene.
- When you schedule a race with the racing crew, they will come on the same ship you agreed to race with.
- A rounding error in radian to degree conversion prevented you from tuning autopilot rotation velocities to certain values.
- Distance between astrogation targets discovered on the very seam of the ring map will now be calculated correctly.
- In some circumstances your THI Cargo Container could move its processed cargo to Enceladus before leaving the map, making it possible to teleport ores if you caught it again.
- Some achievements with progress could unlock prematurely.
- A space right behind the torch of Eagle Prospector and the Bald Eagle counted as contents of its cargo hold, causing the ore nuggets to lose geology markers and autopilot locks.
- When you dismissed a crewmember, the crew menu would automatically close after a few seconds.
- One of the Obonto habitat arms docked you in a wrong orientation.
0.477.6 - Increased Verbosity
- Released THI Cargo Containers will now hail you even if the release manoeuvre used up a lot of their reaction mass.
- When playing with DLC that modify game content, you’ll get a list of enabled DLC in the title menu.
- Support for multiple DLC modifying the same assets.
0.477.3 - Focused Commitment
- The game now supports DLC that can modify game content.
- A new story event.
- AI can be told to focus on its current target more. This prevents botched salvage attempts by Search and Rescue teams when players did something that distracted them from the operation.
0.475.2 - Mass Processing
- Mineral Processing Units have mass now.
- More achievements to unlock.
- When you schedule a race in future, your astrogator won’t extend how long the racing team will wait for you.
- When successfully talking down a terrified pirate, he won’t open fire to you as soon as you are done talking.
- Fixed some dialogue trees.
- In some languages, the setting menu would show English selected even when another language was used.
- Updated translations.
0.473.4 - Crowning Achievement
- The game can now detect corrupted offline achievement storage file and will rebuild it when required. This fixes game crashes should the file got corrupted somehow.
0.473.2 - Squadron 303
- Difficulty selection. You can now choose the difficulty level of the game - and change it at any time. The difficulty level adjusts the types of events you can encounter, with the Peaceful level giving you no hostile encounters at all. The default level is Balanced.
- If the game is unable to contact achievement service, due to being off-line, network outages, playing a demo or pirated version, unlocked achievements will be stored off-line and uploaded as soon as the game can contact the achievement provider again.
- In-game notification of unlocked achievements as you unlock them.
- New achievements.
- Some achievements now have visible progress and will pop-up update notifications as you get through them.
- The current player count is displayed in the main menu and pause menus.
- Improved network error handling for achievement providers.
- Increased the speed of mineral trade at Obonto habitats by 500%.
- You need to actually agree to trade a mineral in order for habitat to buy it from you.
- Fixed a number of typos in translations.
0.467.4 - Everything not saved will be lost
- This is a very special update. In a time of a global crisis, there are causes that need your contributions more than we do. Today I’m lifting all the restrictions of the demo version, making it essentially a full game. Instead of buying ΔV, spend your money on something important and help someone in need. You can get the full version of ΔV when we have peace again.
- Removed all demo restrictions, making the demo essentially a full game. There are more important things than games you should be spending your money on now.
- Additional story event.
- A new gravimetric readout shader for EIME and Bald Eagle HUDs make the readouts much less noisy and more useful.
- You could not click on tabs in the Hardware menu if your monitor resolution was small.
- Adjusted audible warning levels on Elon Interstellar Model E heads-up display to not trigger warning sirens when fitted on a fission craft.
- Eagle Prospector HUD will now fit well on 1280x720 displays.
0.463.0 - Pirates of the Ganymedean
- New story event.
- New ways to interact with pirates, including trade and job opportunities.
- Mechanics that are not on your active crew will still contribute their skills when repairing your ship on Enceladus.
- Improved pathfinding. Recent optimizations had a side-effect where ships, in some cases, would not detect a possible collision with nearby massive asteroids, ships or stations and would ram them.
- Lifepods won’t have processed ore aboard.
- The Space Bar could have its fission reactor overheated easily and would explode in a rather unimpressive explosion.
- Exploding Cothon-212 would leave a radiator glow sprite visible for a few moments after the explosion.
0.461.3 - Cosmic Background
Digital Mimas performance
- The classical music performance will be held next week in the netspace of Enceladus. The Digital Mimas Orchestra, conducted by renowned R2D7, will perform classical works of Bach, Penderecki, Jarre and Moloney, as well as some modern pieces by both digital and organic composers. Performance bandwidth allocation will be limited to 5000 attendees and ticket sales will start this midnight.
Man-Hub adjudicated legal across Sol
- The Interplanetary Court of Sol has passed a judgement in a century-old dispute on the legal standing of controversial information and manual database. With a stated goal of providing free and unrestricted access to information, Man-Hub was sued for violating intellectual property laws by multiple corporations. In closing, the jury proclaimed that the release of manuals shared by the service was already mandatory for all affected parties and the whole case was based on a technicality. The judgment is not final.
Thruster burns are a basis for weregilds
- In today's press conference the spokesmen of the Vilcy formation revealed that the bounty-hunting organization considers thruster burns as a fully-fledged basis for posting weregilds. Exhaust-based damage was often disputed as mere accidents, and this release opens up a shortened path for offended parties to seek compensation.
- Additional soundtrack.
- New User Manual tab for all equipment, detailing in-game usage of your hardware.
- If you don’t agree on a trade, but still dock at habitat, they won’t tell you that ore transfer is in progress.
- Some portions of the screen could not be interacted with using the mouse.
- Consistently burning ships or stations with your torch drives will be considered a hostile act now. Accidental burns might still be forgiven.
- In some situations, you could get a salvage option for a lifepod of a ship rather than for a ship. If successful, this could corrupt your savegame.
- Fixed some typos.
0.459.3 - Opposite Reaction
- Support for the Dutch language.
- New story event.
- Expanded friendly pirate dialogue tree, giving you more opportunities to befriend them and see what they really want.
- Friendly ships that are in combat now can call you and request support or offer combat-related dialogue options.
- Expanded the Vilcy dialogue tree, so you have an opportunity to query for drop points and combat patrols whenever applicable.
- Ships you take on combat patrols will now talk more and will give you a better indication of what is going on.
- The reconnaissance drone camera range is now displayed on your LIDAR screen.
- Improved performance of ships spawning and loading the dialogue trees.
- Better support for vertical monitors.
- A bug caused only one ship to spawn in some circumstances where there should be multiple. This makes some ambushes more dangerous.
- Ringracers will now complain if you catch the drone before the race even starts.
- Changed the description of Rusatom-Anonoff MPU to make it clear that it has propellant reprocessing capability.
- A bug could cause AI to freeze up and take no action if an object it was examining was destroyed unexpectedly.
- If you encounter a habitat that just finished construction once and then loses track of it, it won’t say they just finished construction if you manage to discover them again.
- Added a tooltip for tutorial button prompts to make it clear that they represent a keyboard key and not a widget to be clicked with the mouse.
- Changed colour of the keyboard/gamepad dialogue highlight.
- Sounds were not playing then you navigated some of the menus with the keyboard or a gamepad.
- You could only move down in the tuning menu when using a keyboard or a gamepad.
- Fixed number of typos.
0.453.5 - The Multiverse
Possible parallel universes
- An independent Class-3 artificial intelligence self-identifying as “Marvin” (formerly operating under the Class-2 designation of “Entangled Thought”) has proposed an experiment with the potential to falsify the Many-Worlds interpretation of Quantum Mechanics. Though human scientists have expressed some skepticism over the relevance of the experimental data, Marvin has replied to such claims without surprise, stating that “Bio-processing is at an inherent disadvantage in attempting to challenge quantum mechanics. The entangled mind is a prerequisite for intuitive understanding.”
- The initial results, though inconclusive, have yet to invalidate the Many-Worlds interpretation. If borne out, these results would be far from a failure; it would represent an important finding, though it will take time to explore the implications of such a finding.
A class-action lawsuit against Nakamura Dynamics
- Multiple independent geologists and astrogators filed a class-action suit against Nakamura Dynamics after several contractor fatalities stemming from overwork and exhaustion came to light. Though a Nakamura representative offered no comments, new regulations surrounding the number of hours these positions can stay on shift are already being reviewed, according to sources inside the corporation.
Ring-rage incidents on the rise
- A statistically significant increase in ring-rage incidents among independent miners is raising tensions across Enceladus. A representative of the Vilcy, the independent mercenary group known for establishing a bounty and enforcement structure in the rings, has promised swift and decisive action.
- The new game button, after you finish the tutorial, allows you to re-roll your starting ship name and pick one of the parallel universes, which changes the seed for procedural generation, giving you a unique experience. You will now start the game at Enceladus, allowing you to customize your crew and your ship before the very first dive.
- Multithreaded performance improvements speed up the frame rate on systems with multiple, but slower cores, especially when other ships are around.
- Additional general AI performance improvements across all systems will make the game run faster when other ships are around you, including faster pathfinding and decision-making routines.
- Re-balanced the faction and personal hostility and fear adjustments from being shot at by the player to consider the actual amount of damage taken. This makes NPCs less likely to turn hostile from glazing accidental shots and quicker to act when under concentrated fire.
- Fixed a race condition that caused random crashes on some systems.
- The undocking procedure from the Big Bad Wolf is now gentler.
- Rebalanced experience gains for your crew. Geologists and Astrogators will now level up a bit slower, and Pilots and Mechanics will level up faster.
- Additional protection from cargo piercing your ship hull.
- “Guide us through the thicket” questlet now has the ship asking you for a favour to assert its course, showing you exactly where they want to go.
- You can now re-deploy claim beacons that you pick up in the rings during your dive.
- Drone-mounted microwave dishes are now a bit smaller and will not poke through the hull of your ship if you have one in your cargo hold.
- Adjusted number of dialogue trees that could look weird if you undocked during the course of discussion.
- When you dock to a ship or a station while having your comms channel opened to another ship, you will be contacted by your host as soon as you finish, allowing you to pick trade options and transfer prisoners even if interrupted.
- Money notification during in-ring mineral sales will now use a monospaced font, which makes the values easier to follow as they change in real-time.
- The demo version can now delete saves.
- Updated translations and updated some missing strings.
0.451.0 - Ganymedean Approach
Organized crime activity
- Reports of organized crime activity in the A-ring are being investigated. While independent and disorganized pirate attacks were common in the past, recent developments point to the possibility of an organized group. Following an increase in posted bounties on known criminals, patrols of both licenced and independent bounty hunters were dispatched to the area.
Increased interlunar bandwidth
- Introduction of H.271A standard into the Mimas Interlunar Tightbeam Array increased the available interlunar bandwidth by over 350%, allowing broadcast of high-quality video streams from the rings A to D directly to the station. While the upgrade was meant to improve security with real-time video feedback from security cameras on ships, the development was quickly exploited by independent streamers offering real-time entertainment channels. Some popular reconnaissance drone manufacturers were quick to capitalize on the development with integrated options to assist these streams.
- With multiple insurance claims made against damage caused by hypervelocity ore impacts, several reconnaissance drone manufacturers have provided options to integrate observations of hypervelocity objects with on-board adrenaline systems. Enceladean insurance providers express hope that more detailed crew logs of such events will help them rapidly resolve an increasing number of claims. Experts note that most of the popular drones available on the market today may have an insufficient frame rate to be conclusive.
- Added streaming-friendly mode to the Settings menu.
- Added more interaction with the pirate faction. You can now communicate with them even when you are in combat, trading insults and having multiple opportunities to defuse the situation. Pirates will also attempt negotiations when the tide of the battle is against them.
- Turning the onboard computer off will now provide resistance to short circuits and overheating.
- Increased chance of getting quest-related interactions with ships you came across, so crew quests don’t feel stalled.
- You can now salvage ships that are part of crew quests if it makes sense in the context of that quest.
- Pirates could try to extort you while being terrified, which made them open fire on you and try to escape while they were asking for money.
- Faction and personal reputations could coincide in a way that made it impossible for an NPC ship to break away from combat.
- You will now get some adrenaline slowdown when you use the Adrenaline Booster even if you don’t have a pilot on board.
- Nearby hypervelocity explosion will now trigger an adrenaline boost, giving you time to react or at least perceive the impact that damages your ship.
- Tuning Direct Energy Mining Tool power input used to change its efficiency in a way that cancelled out any extra power you pumped into the device, making power tuning of lasers and microwaves next to useless.
- THI Cargo Containers used to fly away from you even before you ordered them to return to the station if they managed to get away from you before booting up.
- Active cargo, such as drones, could boot up and fly around or even explode on the Enceladus dive summary screen if you gave them enough time.
- When your crew was returning from sick leave and there is not enough space for them on board your ship, the game added them to the roster and immediately removed them, displaying confusing notifications.
- Improved performance of the mass driver hypervelocity bullet simulation.
- Improved performance of the Enceladus station crew display.
- Improved performance of ship collision detection.
- Improved performance of ship spawning.
- Bullets can now collide with other bullets.
- When you established a claim beacon, the notification of the claim price didn’t play, which made the price of your claim be counted towards your next in-ring sale or purchase, displaying confusing money counters.
- Your salvage manipulator will now go into the Tsukuyomi-class docking bay when you dock.
- Adjusted the thruster configuration of the Tsukuyomi-class frigates so they are less likely to accidentally burn ships they are docking with.
- When you transfer criminals from a disabled ship into custody, the ship is now considered a legitimate salvage.
- You can now turn in criminals held in lifepods caught in your ship cradles.
- When making quick course adjustments with your mouse the autopilot vector could snap back to your current velocity if your adjustment was quick enough to be registered as a mouse click.
- Logs showing your propellant usage during the dive could be inaccurate if the framerate changed during your mission.
- Changed nanodrone storage descriptions to make it clear that it’s a consumable storage container and not an independent drone system.
- Clicking on a tuning item header will now switch the description and simulation to this item.
- Fixed a bug that caused your mouse pointer to stay on screen much longer than needed.
- New game-over screen if you manage to blow your ship up.
- A ship that lost all power and propellant won’t be able to keep the cargo it has in external cradles or salvage manipulators during a rescue operation.
- Updated translations.
0.445.1 - Enceladus Waxing
- When a crewmember tells you that they quit once you get back to the station they actually quit once you get back to the station, not immediately.
- Times displayed in the astrogation panel menu and the details on the map will match now for all locations.
- The storyteller module is now aware of the prices and dangers of salvage operations and will use that knowledge to give you a more balanced and compelling narrative.
- Friendly ships will now approach you before initiating dialogue.
- Only valid cargo will be displayed on the Dive Summary screen. This prevents mining companions from showing up (and booting up and flying around stealing your ore) if you manage to fit them into your cargo hold.
- When you install multiple point defense turrets, you can now configure them separately in the Tuning menu.
- Points of Interest and Drop Points won’t be generated outside of the game map anymore. If you had any astrogation targets that were generated this way, they will be automatically adjusted.
- Adjusted internal space of Conlido Cothon-212 to better match what is visible outside. This should fix ores poking out the sides of the cargo hold.
- Found and fixed a number of bugs that could cause a crash when you astrogated back to Enceladus station with unusual things in your cargo hold or salvage manipulator.
- Fixed a number of typos and rephrased some texts in the game to make them clearer.
0.444.6 - Pathfinder
- Improved AI pathfinding performance by 80%, sacrificing 20% of its rock-evasion capabilities. This should result in much better performance when non-player controlled ships are present while having a negligible change in behaviour.
- Adjusted storytelling options for the “missing child” quest to not finish too abruptly.
- Talking with Vilcy patrols once you get the location of the drop point will not make the ship you are about to meet wait for you 30 days longer each time you interact.
- You can’t buy more than one round of drinks at The Space Bar if you undock and re-dock immediately, raising the crew morale indefinitely.
- The bartender at The Space Bar won’t order its docking arms to throw you out if she is taking your order.
- You won't be able to tell habitats multiple times about the same event.
- Ships that run out of propellant during calculating astrogation sequence will abort the jump.
- Adjusted power draw warning for Eagle Prospector heads-up display in the numerical section to 150MW for warning and 500MW for critical level.
- Processed cargo in Titan Heavy Industries Cargo Container will now count towards the Blue Gold achievement.
- Enceladus station background won’t turn black if you set the background FPS to 0 and change your HUD scale while docked at the station.
- Non-player controlled ships caught by docking arms of stations and habitats won’t forget the player anymore.
- Adjusted cargo bay shapes on Elon Interstellar Model E, so ore hitting the edge between open jaws and ship hull from behind are not counted towards cargo temporarily, thus losing autopilot targeting and geologist marks.
- You will now trigger automatic return protocol when you get into the Encke Gap, over 3005km, just as you get the achievement. Any POI you could have in your save deeper in will be moved to maintain savegame compatibility.
- Clicking on the menu buttons when you have the Dive Target Selection screen open will now close it.
- Keyboard focus will move correctly to the last menu item you had selected on Enceladus when you close the Dive Target Selection screen.
0.444.1 - Access Denied
- When you launch the game for the very first time, you won’t be able to skip past photosensitive epilepsy warnings.
- Reworked XASER burn event visuals, removing rapidly flashing lights in favour of gentler ones to reduce risks of photosensitive epilepsy.
- Changed the visual cue of changing music for hearing-impaired players to be more subtle and clearer. It will now display correctly with portrait monitor orientation.
- If your ship is too heavy to decelerate before handing you the controls in the initial cutscene, the entry sequence will skip the final flip to allow it to use its main torch on the entire approach.
- If your ship has a big enough cargo hold to fit an entire THI Cargo Container or an NT Mining Companion, these drones will count as cargo and your salvage manipulator won’t try to reach for them.
- Renamed “unclassified” mineral filter to “unmarked” on the Geologist tab to make it clear that it means the ore nuggets that don’t have apprisal marks placed on them yet.
- Adjusted physical model of Conlido Cothon-212. Its cargo hold is now a bit narrower, with reinforced walls. This prevents both cargoes from piercing your cargo hold and a visual glitch that enabled you to see ore poking through the left side of the ship. As a consequence, the size of its cargo hold is a bit smaller.
- When adjusting Onboard Maintenance System with a keyboard or a gamepad, your cursor was not clearly visible.
- Audio subsystem could hit a division by zero, which flooded the logs with warnings and decreased performance.
- Hardware simulations of SPC Gungnir left charged asteroids floating around when you switched between simulations, electrocuting your simulated ship at the very start of a new simulation.
- Adjusted physics setting to make small collisions more accurate.
- Updated translations.
- Fixed typos.
0.441.5 - Rapid Expansion
- Performance improvements in the graphics rendering pipeline drastically speed up the game on some systems.
- Improved performance of ship system simulation.
- Optimized memory requirements of The Dealer menu.
- Improved performance of particle effects of leaking reactor.
- Adjusted mounting point for AEMD14 articulated mass driver so it won’t accidentally damage your ship while tracking targets.
- Adjusted location of cradles for THI Cargo Containers on Eagle Prospector.
- Changed shape of Voyager RSLS fabrication plant on Eagle Prospector to make it not choke so easily.
- When loading a save made directly after returning to Enceladus, the value of ores changed slightly upon each load.
- Docking arms and equipment cradles used a different equation to compute their location during a cutscene and during normal gameplay, which caused docked ships and cradled equipment to jerk when transitioning to interactive gameplay.
- When you catch a lifepod with a ship-mounted cradle, your gimbaled thrusters will now avoid hitting it with their exhaust.
- Weapons and equipment mounted on Elon Interstellar Model E will not render above docking clamps.
- A damaged space station that lacks propulsion won’t relocate to another location anymore.
- Changing the focus of the tuning sliders without adjusting the value was causing the tuning option to reset to the value set upon opening the menu, without being visible in any way.
- Nakamura-Titan Mining Companion cradles have now more torque. This increases their power requirement when operating, but allow them to position the Companion correctly even after collisions or rapid manoeuvres.
- Prevent slight lag when a ship explodes for the first time.
- Fixed a number of typos.
0.439.6 - Barrel Roll
- Some ship builds were spinning uncontrollably when you rapidly changed simulations in the Tuning menu.
- Software cursor will be hidden in the pause menu if you opt for a hardware cursor.
- The Big Bad Wolf docking arm will now release you when you engage your autopilot.
- Updated translations.
- Fixed some typos.
0.439.3 - The Bughunt Encounter
- Reconnaissance drone camera offset, configured to show equal space around your ship even if your heads-up display is taking over the lower segment - is bound now to the Eagle Prospector HUD and not the ship. Retrofitting another HUD will reset the offset making the Eagle display on the centre of your screen.
- Turning on the hardware mouse pointer will not interfere with gamepad controls anymore.
- When you select a different language but cancel the changes, the selection box will revert to the currently used language.
- Your geologist will not display multiple readings for a single ore chunk in case of an onboard computer reboot.
- Titan Heavy Industries Cargo Containers captured inside Elon Interstellar Model E cargo hold won’t show up on top of its cargo bay anymore.
- Ships won’t wiggle on the docking arm at Enceladus.
- Changed location of cradle mounts on Eagle Prospector for Titan Heavy Industries Cargo Containers and Nakamura-Titan Mining Companions. Cradles are now located in the front, out of the way of thruster fire. This allows mining with companions still attached and makes gimbaled thrusters able to decelerate your ship without overheating drone reactors.
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple notifications with the same name and face to appear when you received multiple notifications regarding your crew simultaneously.
- You can’t turn in the same ship or lifepod for a bounty multiple times by flying away and returning to drop point.
- Added video ram conservation mode for graphics cards whose drivers incorrectly report VRAM usage to the game engine. Using more VRAM than your card has caused the framerate to drop significantly. You can now force removal of unused textures, conserving memory at cost of additional loading times. The default, the automatic setting will attempt to detect if you need VRAM conservation by checking your framerate and will apply the setting automatically.
- General VRAM optimization decreases video ram usage across all systems.
- Articulated mass drivers mounted on Eagle Prospector will now aim slightly outwards and are mounted further away, preventing them from hitting the Prospector’s nose when tracing passing targets.
- Some large asteroids were immune to being targeted by the autopilot after you bumped into them with your cargo bay open.
- Changed the way the initial cutscene computes the velocity of your ship, making your ring entry point much more consistent. This prevents some light, high thrust ship builds from stopping before even entering the rings and makes heavy, slow ships stop sooner.
- Faces in the comms screen will now appear for dialogues that were received when the OMS screen was hidden.
- Adjusted ship initialization routines to repress physics computation until all the ship systems are fully loaded into the engine, which prevents some ships from spinning and moving directly after spawning. This fixes a number of glitches related to astrogation and the equipment preview screen, which could be with some ship configurations.
- The Ganymedean Anarchy station won’t greet you with trading dialogue if you dock without agreeing to trade.
- When following a pirate to his base, you won’t encounter two stations anymore.
- Disabling a pirate ship and staying near it no longer counts as following it to its base.
0.436.4 - Effect of Mass
- Game engine update to 3.4.2, with extra physics performance, new collision detection code, improved stability and graphics performance improvements.
- All thrusters and torches now have mass, making the equipment swaps more meaningful.
- Habitats will now talk to you when you dock to them, making it possible to continue quest conversations if you discussed trade on initial contact.
- Support for Portugal (Brazil) language.
- Fixed a bug that caused a temporary point of interest to persist on your astrogation map after you visited it.
- Hitting a ship with microwaves will not trigger an emergency reactor shutdown unless you hit the reactor directly. This makes retrieving some items easier, prevents microwave-equipped opponents from stun-locking you easily, with a drawback that it makes microwaves less efficient for self-defence.
- Performance improvements.
0.432.10 - Terminate Hostilities
- Some NPC ships now have a military-grade point defence systems capable of targeting weak spots like reactors, making some optional encounters more challenging but also making them more helpful as allies.
- NPC ships that belong to a faction that was friendly towards you could not become entirely hostile even under heavy fire.
- You can now lock your mouse pointer to the game window in settings. Enabling this option will also enable hardware mouse pointer due to engine limitations.
- Added custom sprite for the hardware mouse pointer.
- Added a notification popup when your crew was taken off the active rooster by decreased crew capacity of your ship.
- When you spun your ship fast while having a 30 FPS framerate limit enabled, your cradled equipment (mining companions, cargo containers) stretched out their cradles which could make them forcibly detach or explode.
- Crew portrait will not flash for a moment before the animation when hiring a new crew.
- Your crew will not ask for free days if you have already agreed to them.
- Fixed lighting glitches inside The Space Bar.
- Docking arms inside The Space Bar will now hold your ship and orient it correctly.
- New achievement.
- Updated translations.
0.431.13 - Unseen Imagery
- Mining companions cannot be mounted now on the right low-stress point of the Bald Eagle.
- Fixed corrupted textures that caused some of the images not to display on some systems.
- Additional texture formats improve performance on systems that can use them.
- Fixed some dialogue trees.
0.431.8 - Freefall
Custom craft approved for mining equipment
- This week several custom-build kitcrafts were approved by the Enceladian Safety Committee to install standard-issue mining hardware, most notably the popular in “Bald Eagle” racing modification of Eagle Prospector. While limited cargo bay of modified craft makes using it for mining questionable, the racing crews are excited by an option to cushion lithobraking manoeuvres.
Unrest in the industrial ring
- The recent discovery of unusually high residual radiation in the Industrial Ring of the Enceladus Prime station led to protests blocking out the transfer pillars. The residents of the Industrial Ring blame Enceladus Corp for obscuring the buildup of radiation. At the same time, the Enceladus representatives quote that the industrial section of the station was never approved for habitation. As of 2273, over 21,000 residents currently occupy the low-gravity environment of the Industrial Ring, making up over 12% of the station population.
Nakamura Dynamics Recall
- Popular nuclear thermal propulsion manufacturer issued a free recall on its Pulsed Nuclear Thermal Rocket. Service includes refurbishing vectored thrust chamber and new propellant pumps, lowering the power requirements of the torch. Nakamura’s PNTR won "Torch of the Year 2251" and remained a common propulsion choice thanks to its cheap maintenance costs and impressive durability.
- Bald Eagle now can mount mining hardware on its low-stress hardpoints. Cradled equipment is not available.
- The geologist tab in the OMS now features a cargo hold display, including processed cargo storage and cargo estimations.
- I extended the demo. You can now load saves as long as less than 30 days have passed in the game.
- ND-PNTR torch rebalance. It's now capable of vectored thrust, making it much more helpful for ships that lack serious RCS rotational thrust.
- Default Cothon-212 configuration adjusted to feature Nakamura autopilot required to make good use of the vectored thrust of its stock PNTR torch.
- ER42 racing autopilot now has Fly-By-Wire capability.
- Added a short-range propellant tank, taking 15,000kg of propellant, dedicated to shuttles and large drones.
- When your comms screen was already full with dialogue, when a new ship approached you, the window sometimes did not scroll to reveal all reply options, showing only the first one. While you could still scroll down with a mouse, keyboard or gamepad to display the remaining replies, some players missed that.
- It's now easier to pay off your entire bounty if you accumulate one.
- Vilcy sometimes called you with combat dialogue when there was a bounty on you, requesting your support instead of asking to pay up.
- Rescuing a stranded friendly ship or a friendly lifepod now counts as a friendly action and will improve your faction standing.
- Abducting a pirate ship or turning a pirate lifepod for bounty will make pirates dislike you.
- Stealing drones not owned by you and selling them at Enceladus is considered a hostile act now.
- Removed lag when selling a lot of ores at once.
- Fixed a bug in the individual disposition system that caused individual ships never to be genuinely hostile towards you.
- Fixed missing Elon Interstellar Model E cabin lights.
- Grinders of Eagle Prospector and Mining Companions are now visible inside caves.
- The Space Bar will not offer you drinks before you dock.
- Hostile actions against a faction have diminishing returns now, so you won't turn everyone in a given faction against you when you get into combat with one of their members.
- It will take a bit longer to build up faction confidence when assisting them in combat.
- The shortcut key display in the Equipment menu is visible again.
- When you agree to meet someone in a week, the event won't trigger if you go there immediately.
- Improved visuals of PNTR torch. It's now easier to spot the warmup stage and direction of the thrust.
- When your crew talks to you about derelicts and you don't respond, they will get impatient and ask again.
- Miners will now return the money they owe you faster and stop bugging you after they do.
- Tampered drones are not considered prisoners anymore.
- Radiators of fission ships about to breach containment will radiate brightly as they desperately attempt to eject heat.
- Improved performance for Elon Interstellar Model E HUD.
- Ships equipped with EI1337 autopilots could override commands given in dialogue. That resulted in some recovered derelicts mining the rings instead of returning to Enceladus immediately.
- THI Cargo Containers that the player does not own will not initiate docking comms.
- The new texture compression format included game binaries aimed at GPUs and drivers that cannot properly process our previous format, decreasing video RAM requirements on some cards.
- Autonomic systems and weapons now have hard-coded targeting directives and will always engage pirate ships while never fighting legitimately-owned vessels.
- Fixed a bug that caused drone and claim beacon dialogue to glitch out if you stayed 100m or closer to the beacon, causing a claim drone to automatically cancel your claim even if you choose an option and pay.
- Derelict ships are now marked as independent, and shooting at them will not cause other derelicts to be mad at you.
- Updated translations.
0.428.6 - Nuclear Leak
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes on startup on some systems.
- Re-balanced reactor leak damage. Reactors are now less likely to leak seriously, but the leak is more extensive when they finally do.
- Adjusted physics collision detection settings to prevent dead bodies from entering reactors without proper shielding.
- Fixed a race condition in a microseismic drone, affecting your cargo scanner, which sometimes caused readings to disappear.
- Bullets shot from a ship that moves quickly sidewise won't hit its hull anymore.
- Added mipmapping to icons that were missing it.
- Added delay between messages from different ships and entities, so you don't get a new conversation just as you are finishing your current one, as that could cause you to overlook a new message while you hang up.
- Elon Interstellar Model E cargo bay doors are much less likely to damage themselves on front-mounted weapons during hard burns.
- Nuclear Activated Nanoparticle Incinerator is now much more resistant to being misaligned - but if you manage to misalign it, it's more significant.
- Crew quests and agendas for inactive crew members are stored in a save file, enabling other persons to have the same story at a different stage.
- Updated translations.
0.427.2 - Impulse Shielding
- New auto-exposure and tonemap settings make the screen not go so dark when you use bright light sources.
- You could get multiple rewards if you managed to re-dock to Big Bad Wolf after releasing prisoners.
- Tab navigation shortcuts were backwards.
- Stray bullets that you had autopilot lock on will lose that lock when you catch them in your cargo hold.
- Items that are held in salvage manipulators and cradles cannot be targeted by guiding drones anymore.
- Autopilot rotational adaptation for ER42 and MA-337 autopilots were confused by powerful pulsed thrusters, making the rotational manoeuvres erratic.
- Individual disposition changes for patrols propagate, so you won't end up with one Vilcy leaving you alone while other shadows you or one pirate harassing you when you made a truce with the other one.
- Phage-class stations and habitats won't try to rotate to face you anymore.
- Some pilots - civilians, Vilcy and pirates alike - can fly on manual, not relying solely on autopilots. Microwave emitters will still disrupt their flight but will not stun everyone unconditionally.
- The dialogue option that results in you hanging up now has a distinct hang-up indicator.
- Fixed Edge Runner ship thruster allocations, so it's nimble again.
- Drones and claim beacons won't try to turn to face you.
- AI will not be afraid of itself - and thus, your point defence will never shoot your beacons nor drones.
- Astrogating with a lifepod in a cradle won't cause your ship to spin uncontrollably.
- Increasing physics simulation FPS caused your excavator to deal less damage to rocks.
- You can't send over your crew to a ship that is currently salvaged by the search & rescue team.
- CERF search and rescue craft will not rotate to fly backwards during fast transits, as its symmetrical and backflip serves no purpose.
- Derelict ships your crew managed to boot up won't follow you through astrogation jumps if you choose to astrogate before they depart.
- Catching ship with AR1500 manipulator when you have an autopilot lock on its reactor or other equipment will release that lock.
- Adjusted physics collision settings to prevent cargo from phasing through ship hulls.
- Derelict ships are now more damaged and should be a bit more challenging to catch.
- You can now ask Vilcy patrols for drop point coordinates even when you already have a bounty-hunting licence.
- The "Reset to default" button for microwave resonance tuning will correctly reset the slider to 50%.
- Adjusted the cargo hold of Elon Interstellar Model E to prevent ore from causing damage from inside the cargo hold.
- You cannot abuse claim beacons to generate multiple events astrogating between the two. They will now attract just one event per dive.
0.424.2 - Rearmed
- Fusion reactor rebalance - the fusion powerplants of ships will not shut down when your ship is damaged by electromagnetic pulses or microwaves.
- New achievements.
- Added photosensitivity warning screen.
- Fixed scale of electromagnetic sparks on Elon Interstellar Model E.
- Display of the EIME HUD is now darker, making it easier to see the background.
- Auxiliary Power Systems are now counted towards power warning in the Upgrade menu.
- Foreground rocks were missing in point defence upgrade simulation.
- Setting background FPS to 0 will not block preview and promotional videos in the Dealer menu.
- The AR1500 Manipulator will not throw away light objects you approach slowly.
- Multiple adjustments to manipulator and docking arm code, making them behave more like real machines.
The Synchrotron Controversy
Omaewamou-Shinderu’s most recent entry in the realm of weapons manufacture has earned imports from Uranus and especially its moon Miranda embargoes or bans in most systems on the grounds of safety and environmental concerns. Named after the spear that Odin would carry into battle during Ragnarok, this repurposed small proton collider has been stripped of most safety and measurement equipment. The charge it carries is enormous and takes time to dissipate in the rings, creating a very hazardous environment to mine in. Enceladus Prime has not yet made any regulatory rulings on this device.
New photosensors for reconnaissance drones
In a collaboration between Runasimi and Obonto Micro Engineering, new standards have been agreed upon regarding recon drone photosensors. Anticipating a drop in costs associated with standardized supply, the new photosensors promise better image clarity, with a higher dynamic range and onboard postprocessing.
Exiting a phase of testing and feedback, safety regulations surrounding this relatively new technology have been lifted. With an established track record of safety, SMES systems are now approved to operate much closer to their theoretical full potential, making them much more useful and reliable in providing a large power reserve for periods of peak usage.
- New SPC Gungnir Proton Cannon.
- Game engine upgraded to Godot 3.4, featuring: better stability, performance and native support for M1 processors.
- Improved quality of post-processing light effects.
- Improved collision detection accuracy between ship hulls and small objects.
- Enhanced the game background.
- New DTSS feature to smooth out the gameplay can dynamically adapt your framerate -to the CPU power available.
- Superconductive Magnetic Energy Storage systems will now be more reliable.
- Point defence systems can now target drones and unusual hostile ships.
- Racing was not offering another race if you won a couple of times.
- NPC ships were confused by the complex shapes of Ganymedian Anarchy station and - The Space Bar and sometimes tried to fly right through them.
- Chanced the way AI handles emotions to behave more like a human would.
- Added tooltips to the controls menu icons.
- The pause menu will not be affected by your camera exposure.
- Adjusted colour balance.
- Crew leave time is now listed in red.
- If you send your crew over to an EI1337 equipped derelict for salvage and it fails, the derelict will not attempt to fly by itself with it’s autopilot.
- Some derelicts were listed as older than their initial production date.
- Position lights on AR1500 Manipulator won’t turn themselves on after you adjust light settings.
- Pirates won’t open fire on you shortly after asking for a truce.
- Added mouse zoom and camera sensitivity sliders in the Controls menu.
- Vilcy patrols will now leave you alone when you do no business with them.
- Big Bad Wolf won’t follow your ship even when you have good standing with the bounty hunters.
- Rebooting your computer will now clear guiding drone, geologist and astrogator displays.
- AR1500 Manipulator will not throw light objects away.
- Marking many items for your guiding drone will not glitch out the drone path overlay.
- Updated translations.
0.416.9 - Phantom Pain
- Astrogating just next to a habitat could cause a remote selling connection to be established.
- Adjusted Search and Rescue AI not to eject rescued ships when distracted by player interaction.
- Hiring a replacement crew when your crew is on sick leave will not cause overpopulating your ship when they come back.
- Next salary and leave time for your crew will now display dates without exact hours.
- Your ship can’t be damaged when you don’t have control over it due to a cutscene playing.
- Improved performance when asteroids break outside of your field of view.
- You will now get “Diving Licence” achievement even if you completed the tutorial in the free demo.
- AI will not be confused by ore flying directly towards it.
- Hacking enemy ships will now have more random outcomes.
- Fixed race condition that could make the game crash when ships were exiting detailed simulation range.
- Updated translations.
0.416.2 - Memory Leak
New hardware simulation provider
Electro Ride Systems won their bid for the deployment of spaceflight simulation software to Enceladian Shipyards, replacing the well-known Nakamura Dynamics spaceflight simulators. Spokespeople for ERS assured us that their 3.0 simulation software is as accurate as their competitor’s, and features a comparative simulation mode. Nakamura has challenged the validity of the bid, citing insufficient resolution to meet the contract parameters.
Subcontractor records leaked
An anonymous hacker leaked all Enceladus Corp subcontractor records, including estimated excavation yields, financial status and other private documents. Local ATLAS operatives launched a full-scale investigation hinting at possible AI connection. Enceladus representatives refused to comment.
Updated salvage policy
An investigation into the reckless endangerment of crew health and safety found a surprising resolution, as an Enceladus Corp Board of Inquiry exonerated a captain who permitted a crewman to perform EVA repairs on a derelict to prepare it for intralunar transit. While experts from Enceladus shipyard regard such operations as near-suicidal, this new precedent opens up new opportunities - and new risks - for unlicensed salvage operations.
- New upgrade simulations showcase the difference in the handling of ships before and after installing an upgrade.
- Most of the hardware you install now has its mass.
- The processing sound of various mineral processing units is quieter now.
- You cannot hire people who just died anymore.
- The gravimetric drone display scale was slightly different from your LIDAR scale on K37, Eagle Prospector and Cothon HUDs.
- The “missing child” quest could lock up in certain circumstances preventing progress.
- Internal cargo bay floodlight of Elon Interstellar Model-E will not illuminate exhaust gas that passes above the cargo bay.
- Augmented Reality overlay on EIME HUD is now darker, making the ship easier to see.
- You can now send your crew over to derelict ships to attempt salvage.
- The hardware activation button in the upgrade menu is now more prominent.
- NPC ships will use drone systems only when actively excavating.
- Purchases, sales and insurance gained while performing a ring dive are now listed in your ship logs.
- Added “reset do default” button to the gamma slider in settings.
- Updated translations, including numerous typo fixes.
0.407.7 - Applied Geology
- Added a new mineral vein map for the geologist panel.
- You can now tune your microwaves.
- Camera zoom is now much more responsive.
- Made several adjustments to the physics engine to prevent baffle-related physics glitches.
- Damage from constant-beam weapons, like microwaves generators and beam lasers, fluctuated if your framerate changed during operation.
- A bug caused sparks from your mass-driver rounds to appear at the edge of your screen even if the bullet shattered further away and long ago.
- NPC ships are now aware that they were in combat just a few seconds ago and respond accordingly.
- Vilcy patrols are now aware of when Big Bad Wolf was destroyed and react accordingly.
- You could click and select dialogue options that were still not fully visible.
- In busy areas, reactor explosion shockwaves could be delated and could happen even a dozen seconds after a ship exploded.
- On the geologist panel, the mineral you are working with is now clearly highlighted.
- You can’t zoom the camera during cutscenes anymore.
- When tuning weapon systems, the simulation window will now present boresights
- Several stability improvements.
0.403.11 - Forbidden Tales
New wergild rates
With the alarming rise of crime rates, Enceladus Corp sanctioned the next increase of wergild rates, ranging from 10,000E$ for property damage up to 50,000E$ for aggravated assault. Unlike bounty, wergilds are only to be collected by a licenced bounty hunter. Individuals seeking a hunter licence should contact your local Vilcy operative.
The terrorist organization known as Ganymedean Anarchy claimed responsibility for multiple attacks and extortions in the rings. With suspicions of the group being supported by citizens of the Enceladus Prime stations, station authorities launched a full-scale investigation into the matter. As to this day location of the base of operations of the nefarious group remains undiscovered.
With increased pirate attacks, many Ganymedean citizens who sought refugee on Enceladus after the Titan crisis are facing waves of prejudice and hostility. While stations authorities issued a statement condemning the acts of violence, the local Vilcy spokesman offered no comments under the pretence of an ongoing investigation into the matter.
- You can now join Vilcy on combat patrols.
- You can get a bounty hunting licence now and collect wergilds.
- Your crew now knows other miners in rings, offering custom dialogue options.
- New shader for overheating computer.
- You can now permanently destroy the Big Bad Wolf.
- You can now dock to Big Bad Wolf as a part of a quest.
- The dealer provided ships with installed railguns but without any ammunition. Such ships confused both the Upgrades menu and NPC AI.
- A bug was causing Vilcy not to approach you with dialogue when they liked you.
- A bug could cause a railgun to hit part of your ship in the right conditions.
- Centrifugal forces can now shatter a mass-driver projectile, which prevents strange ricochets.
- You can now astrogate even if you opt to remove your ship HUD.
- Participating in space battles will now improve your standing with the group you are helping.
- Added friendly conversations with Ganymedean Anarchy pirates if you manage to win their favour.
- Changed the way the comms system highlights dialogue options when you have both -keyboard and mouse cursor over them.
- The AR1500 Salvage Manipulator will not attempt to grab space stations and ice mountains anymore.
- Fixed several memory leaks in AR1500 code that could cause crashes.
- Fixed a bug that caused your crew not to speak to you, even if they wanted if there were a friendly ship, drone or beacon nearby.
- Unit conversions bug in auxiliary power generators caused them to consume much more thermal power than they should.
- Thrusters that do have not enough thermal power to fire will now visually fizzle.
- I rebalanced power delivery of auxiliary power storage systems. Superconducting - Magnetic Energy Storage systems will now deliver twice the power when discharging.
- A bug in the comms system caused your dialogue to be interrupted if you docked in the middle of it.
- An auto-exposure bug caused the screen to flash white when you started a new mission briefly.
- NPC AI bug could cause the game to crash when you astrogated with friendly ships in visual range.
- New achievements.
- Translations update.
0.397.5 - Enemy Mines
You will no longer get separate messages from Vilcy patrols made from several ships.
I moved Elon Interstellar Model E’s weapon mounts a few centimetres forward so projectiles won’t hit the beak in an unlucky manoeuvre.
Fixed a bug that caused pulse lasers to deal no thermal damage unless operating on maximum frequency.
Fixed missing dialogue options when you encounter dead bodies in rings.
Attacking one of the ships being in combat will make the other one appreciate you for it.
Kzinti Lesson Mk2 thermal output now scales more gently, making it more suitable for mining.
You can now come on board Ganymedean Anarchy station even if your faction standing is not maxed out.
Hovering over past dialogue options with the mouse will not highlight them anymore.
EIAA 1337 autopilot will now hold relative velocity to any selected target as long as you keep the X button pressed.
I improved the stability of the AR1500 Manipulator code.
You cannot extend your claim when you don’t have enough money anymore.
Fixed rounding error in railgun code that caused the last bullet not to be usable.
The dialogue reply button will not disappear if you close the OMS screen while the animation is still playing.
0.396.4 - Coherent Light
- You can now tune the power and frequency of your laser mining systems.
- Asteroids will not spawn inside the walls of the Space Bar now.
- You cannot grab destroyed habitats with your salvage manipulator anymore.
- When hiring and immediately firing crew, the ship logs will now reflect both actions.
- Fixed German translation on HAL9000 heads-up display that overflowed screen size and hid units.
- Updated Polish and Russian translations.
- Fixed a handle leak in the Dealer menu that could cause crashes when you browsed inventory quickly.
- Fixed handle leak in AR1500 Manipulator code that could cause crashes when an asteroid exploded near you.
- You could go into debt when hiring crew if you opened the crew window first but switched to market or upgrades to spend your money.
- Screensaver mode will now quit when it detects any input.
- Sent comms message will now lose highlight.
0.395.8 - Finite Space
- Changed layout of Enceladus Prime station menu to make it more friendly to small screens - including slightly smaller font, adjusted margins, changes simulation charts and more.
- You can now command your dispatched B8 Claim Beacons, ordering them to extend the claim or return to your ship for future redeployment.
- Rear-mounted B8 Claim Beacons are no longer available for Cothon-212.
- Menu shadows on Enceladus Prime are now consistent.
- Selecting targets on your Astrogation will now scroll the map by the minimum amount required.
- Removed upgrade preview button, which did same thing as clicking on the upgrade name itself.
- XASER burn events will not happen next to populated areas anymore.
- Added vignette to upgrade and tuning simulations screens.
- Enabled CRT post-processing filter for Return to Enceladus and Rescue Mission cutscenes.
- Claim Beacon thruster will no longer keep burning if its onboard computer loses power for some reason.
- When you quickly opened and closed the Onboard Maintenance System menu while being hailed by another ship, you could interrupt the dialogue animation, leaving invisible options.
- Changed the response curve for docking arms so they will not shake ships and drones attached to them.
0.394.4 - Tiny Details
- Added detailed graphical and performance settings: you can control background and explosion particles, light and shadow quality, postprocessing, separate framerate limit for backgrounds and more.
- Improved the performance of the Enceladus Prime station screen.
- Removed incorrect tooltips on buy/sell buttons on confirmation window in dealer screen.
- Player replies in the dialogue system will now span multiple lines when needed.
- The game will not count processed cargo containers as recovered anomalies in ship logs anymore.
- Russian translations updated.
0.387.6 - Sensory Overload
New mining claim options now available
Starting today Enceladian mining claims can be obtained in different variants. Varied periods of claims allow both small and medium-sized excavation companies to effectively protect their mining investments. Enceladus Corp representative denies the connection of new, updated claim options to the recent anti-trust investigation against the company.
New generation of quantum processors released
The release of 11th generation Obonto Microengineering Q7 quantum processors promises over 30% improvement in the processing capabilities of q-network based artificial intelligence using the popular processor as their primary platform.
Safety upgrade for GNU/Antonos-based autopilots
Released today patch 3.1457 of the open GNU/Antonos autopilot system focuses on safety improvements. While the patch contains multiple bug fixes, the most obvious change is an extension of the digital sensor bus, allowing the transport of metadata like visual warning signals for the pilot.
- You can now choose different claim options when deploying B8 Claim Beacons.
- Your astrogator will not extend the duration of claims for free.
- Performance enhancements for NPC AI.
- Stability fixes in the dialogue subsystem.
- Salvage Manipulator will not exceed its maximum power draw anymore.
- Made the storyteller module more forgiving for new players, holding back hostile encounters until you learn to fly decently well.
- Drone systems will now be automatically disabled in cutscenes.
- Docking at habitats will not cause adrenaline rushes anymore.
- You can now exit the settings menu with a gamepad or keyboard alone.
- Your HUD will now fade away during tutorials so the instructions are easier to find.
- When flying a ship without ammo or drone systems, relevant storage sensor will no-longer report a warning.
- Ship sensors reaching critical value will now flash briefly to draw your attention to arising problems.
- Elon Interstellar Model-E depth display will no longer be truncated when flying over 1000km deep in the rings.
- Updated warning levels for pulse lasers in the Upgrade menu.
- Updated translations.