Release Notes for FTL: Advanced Edition
Patch 1.6.9 (21 November 2018)
- localization fixes (typos, spelling mistakes, etc.).
- Mac version has a crash-on-launch bug fixed for macOS Mojave.
Patch 1.6.8 (28 September 2018)
- Adds new languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.
Patch 1.6.7 (16 February 2018)
- Fixed numerous Linux issues (failing animations, Engi Nanobots not working, etc.)
- Fixed crash on exit on Linux
- Possible fix for restoring monitor resolution when quitting from Fullscreen
- Possible fix for rendering issues on Intel HD 4000
- Possible fix for other rendering issues on Windows
Patch 1.6.3 (16 January 2018)
- Crash Fix: Game could crash when removing mid-clone crew during events
- Fonts update: Modders should now be able to use *.ttf fonts without any troubles
- Update: This is apparently still not 100%. We’re working on it.
- Possible fixes for rare alt-tab issues some players are experiencing
- Possible fixes for fullscreen display corruption some players are experiencing
- Fixed Hotkey Customization menu being inaccessible in some situations
- Touch screen events: The game should once again accept touch events as mouse events
- Other minor engine improvements
- Fullscreen mode(s) will no longer require restart
- Numerous UI modifications to prep for localization
- Mouse will now function correctly in fullscreen in Windows 10 w/ the Fall Creators Update.
- Potential fix for rare profile wipe bug after BSOD and other critical crashes
- A couple of rare crash bugs fixed
- Minor event logic, spelling, and grammar fixes
- Minor tooltip text changes
- Fixed minor mouse input bugs
- Advanced FTL Navigation no longer allows player to jump to his own location
- Restored the “Low O2” Warning
- Fixed: Enemy “charge” weapons could lock up and never fire when used with Cloaking
- Fixed small bugs with “Is it warm in here?” achievement
- Backup Battery that was damaged while in use would not properly remove bonus power
- Unpowered drones can no longer be ionized by stray ion shots
- Fixed saving bug that could clone dead crew
- Fixed: Neutral ships would still teleport over boarders
- Fixed Save & Continue exploit where you could double dip on rewards
- Fixed: ASB shots in flight would not properly save when quitting
- Fixed: Enemy crew AI would freeze them in place in some rare situations
- AI is less likely to juggle power between weapons if they are mid- charge
- Mid- cloning crew are now valid ‘targets’ for removal in events
- Correctly rewards scrap in rare situations that the player receives two pieces of equipment in a single location and their cargo is full.
- "Is it warm in here?" should no longer trigger when enemy is not on fire
- Fixed rare bug where the 4th slot in some medbays could become accessible
- Increased volume slightly when opening/closing all doors
- Numerous very small art defects fixed
Mod- Specific Fixes / Additions:
- The Slipstream Mod Manager will need to be updated to work with the newest version, but once updated many old mods should function normally
- Artillery systems can now be set to start=”false” for both enemies and players. Players can purchase the missing artillery system in shops, and that will no longer create bad save files.
- New <remove name=”BLUEPRINT_NAME”> tag added for event XML’s. (Check “REMOVAL_TEST” event for example use)
Patch 1.6.2 (16 January 2018)
- Fixed: Stats Screen was incorrectly displayed on Linux
- Fixed brief Windows slow down when starting FTL
- Key repeat functionality fixed for Pause / Menu / etc.
- Fixed weapon fire getting disrupted if re-armed mid-shot
- Fixed tooltips getting stuck when opening UI with the keyboard
- Adjusted tutorial arrows for new button layout
- Keypad ENTER and regular ENTER should be equivalent again
- Fixed extraneous heading in 3-section stores
- Fixed game window not being active when opened in Windows
- Fixed fullscreen settings to always correctly match final outcome
Patch 1.5.13(A) (22 March 2017)
- Added support for Cloud Saves in GOG Galaxy 1.2 and newer