Update 1.2 (16 June 2020)
- Improved balance based on players feedback.
Update 1.1 (18 February 2019)
- An animation setting for premium cards is now available in the main menu. For new players, "Always Animate" will be the default setting.
- Added support for Traditional Chinese.
- New controls have been added for gamepads:
-- LB, RB / L1, R1: Jump to the leftmost or rightmost side of a row.
-- LT / L2: Switch between opponent and player graveyards.
-- X / Square: Select your Leader.
- Overall game performance has been improved.
- Overall game stability has been improved.
- Greatly reduced the chance of blocking player progress due to infinite loading screens.
- Blur has been enhanced to improve both performance and visuals.
- Fixed an issue whereby the player would occasionally lose the ability to make selections with the gamepad after entering the camp.
- Fixed an issue whereby the opponent would get an infinitely long turn after the player viewed the deck preview during puzzle battles.
- Minor localization fixes.
- Fixed an issue whereby the number of Golden Chests found wouldn't be counted properly by the Grey Rider in the Mess Tent.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect special rules for the Snowball Fight puzzle battle.
- Fixed an issue in The Battle of Caedva Gaenvid whereby the opponent would discard all cards and the player would experience an infinite loading screen after victory.
- Fixed an issue whereby Thronebreaker would crash after attempting to start the Spring Cleaning and Battle for Red Lobinden battles.
- Corrected a misleading prompt in the camp tutorial for previewing and recruiting cards.
- Fixed an issue whereby fire visual effects on the enemy ranged row were not visible during the Abandoned Outpost puzzle battle.
- Fixed an issue whereby either Gascon's or Reynard's card and dialogues would incorrectly appear during The Siege of Tuzla battle even after they had been lost to the player during The Battle for Red Lobinden quest.
- Fixed an issue whereby gamepad input would sometimes not be accepted at the start or end of a shortened battle.
- Fixed an issue whereby Thronebreaker would crash following the redraw screen of the Battle for Red Lobinden battle.
- Fixed an issue whereby loading a game from the main menu would sometimes result in an infinite loading screen.
Update 1.01 hotfix (13 December 2018)
- Fixed an issue whereby FPS would significantly drop when accessing the Thronebreaker Deckbuilder.
- Fixed minor UI issues.
- Fixed various tooltips in different languages.
- Fixed an issue whereby entering the Mess Tent would cause the game to freeze.
- Added Chinese language support to the GOG version of the game .
- Other stability improvements and fixes.
Update 1.01 (04 December 2018)
Together with the console release of the game on December 4th, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will receive patch 1.01. With this update, our main focus is increasing the difficulty level of the “Battle-Hardened” and “Bonebreaker” modes as well as fixing major and minor issues, such as bugs, achievements, card abilities and typos. The full list of these changes can be found below.
FULL LIST OF CHANGES
- The “Battle-Hardened” and “Bonebreaker” difficulty settings now scale your opponents’ power and armor values depending on the map.
- Fixed an issue whereby left-hand side icons would sometimes disappear after exiting the camp.
- Fixed an issue whereby the Grey Rider would not count all of the Golden Chests discovered during the playthrough.
- Fixed an issue whereby the Strays of Spalla’s ability was not enhanced for a row affected with Fire +.
- Fixed an issue whereby the game would crash during the Battle for the Bridge in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue whereby the stealth puzzle “Mahakaman Archives” could be completed without meeting the puzzle’s requirements.
- Fixed an issue whereby the "Some Trolls Have All the Luck" puzzle could be completed if Shupe is destroyed as a Spying unit.
- Fixed an issue whereby the "Amidst the Rubble" puzzle could be completed without destroying all the monsters.
- Fixed an issue whereby an incorrect maximum number of Golden Chests would display in map statistics screen, counting chests in the Aldersberg map that do not exist.
- Fixed an issue whereby the value of Total Time Spent displayed in the game’s final summary was counted incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue whereby the Charges for Dwarf cards with Order abilities would not refresh or be increased by cards that have the ability to do so.
- Fixed an issue whereby interactions with various game elements would sometimes be impossible following a cutscene.
- Fixed an issue whereby an exclamation mark icon would not disappear from the Command Tent even though none of the cards in the “Meve’s Army” deckbuilding screen were flagged as new.
- Fixed an issue whereby loading a game file that had been saved while Meve was admiring a distant vista led to incorrect camera behavior.
- Fixed an issue whereby the Weak Point card in the battle was not immobile.
- Fixed an issue whereby Mahakam Shieldbearer was able to target bosses with his ability.
- Fixed an issue whereby hovering over the opponent's leader in the Hym puzzle incorrectly displayed a Rotfiend leader tooltip.
- Fixed an issue whereby Treasure Maps would sometimes not get added to the inventory.
- Fixed an issue whereby Isbel: Healer would give boosts exceeding the value of total damage taken.
- Fixed an issue whereby a card called "Invisible Card, Ignore" could appear during the Siege of Kaveldun battle.
- Fixed an issue whereby battlefield textures in Training Grounds in Aldersberg would sometimes not display.
- Fixed an issue whereby the ability of Mahakam Mangler would not work as its tooltip described.
- Fixed an issue whereby the achievement "One Big Happy Family" would not become completed despite meeting the requirements.
- Fixed an issue whereby, under specific circumstances, the achievement "I Have The Power!" would not become completed despite meeting the requirements.
- Fixed an issue whereby the achievement "Through The Fourth Wall" would not become completed despite meeting the requirements.
- The tooltip of Lyrian Arbalest + now correctly states that his damage amount is increased by the number of other cards on its row.
- Fixed various typos in different languages.
- Several tooltip fixes and improvements in different languages.
- Several stability and performance improvements.