Patch 0.93.662390 (10 May 2018)
Welcome to all our new players and all our die-hard fans!
We've just released a patch to re-enable harvester crushing, something many of you remember from our launch and have asked for. Harvester crushing now works in the following way...
Multiplayer Quickmatch / Ranked games preserve the no-crushing rule for Guardian and Renegades Harvesters
Skirmish and Custom Multiplayer Games now provide a checkbox option for turning harvester crushing on/off.
Single & Multiplayer Co-Op campaigns have Harvester Crushing Turned on by default.
Patch 0.93.660409 (28 March 2018)
Patch 0.93.660084 (21 March 2018)
GENERAL BUG FIXES:
- Fix for jump jet infantry being order-locked when a save then load is performed while they are mid-flight.
- Added a map validation check that looks for too many stacked structures and warns the user of such on save.
- Fix for crashing when pressing shift while the instance tab is active (in the terrain editor).
- Adding a warning message on save that displays if resource nodes are found near any start markers (can potentially break the AI by placing resource nodes around the starting points).
- Limiting playable bounds setting to 11 and above when creating a new map with the public terrain editor.
- Fixed a case of the camera constraint function oscillating between two values when the playable bounds is small in the map editor.
- Fix for replanning failing when the target area is covered by too much stuff (movement failed to reach clicked destination despite there being a path to get there).
- Optimization attempt #2 at reducing CPU load when pruning producing objects (server could run slow when a lot of units are queued up and buildings are being destroyed).
- General Save/Load fixes to handle rare cases where continuing a battle would not work properly.
- Timeout a lobby join after 10 seconds so that players don’t hang forever waiting to join.
- General bug fixes to AI to optimize performance and handle a few strategic situations better.
- Correction to allow for correct country code to be set when quickmatching.
- Various back-end improvements for performance and frame-rate.
- Improved data transmission between server and client
- Fix for soft-lock when someone disconnects before joining a multiplayer game.
- Fix for showing weapon FX under unexplored fog of war which would reveal other player’s weaponry and location of battle.
- Player names in lobby should update a little more frequently.
- Steam “Played with Users” should be updated now.
- Handled an issue where some custom maps could fail to launch in Multiplayer.
- Fix for getting disconnected when connecting to an instance if the instance takes a long time to load. For example, when downloading a custom map for the first time.
- Fix for not being able to launch a multiplayer game with everyone is assigned to a random team.
- Prevent players having blank multiplayer game names.
- Fixed three separate issues which would have manifested itself to players as a “random crash”.
- Battlecam tweaks to improve angles and identify the highest priority events.
- Fix for flickering load screen on some systems.
- Re-enabled Anti-Aliasing on ATI cards. Also, removed AA slider if AA isn’t available.
- Improved memory usage. Game optimized to use less.
Patch 0.93.653891 (11 November 2017)
- GUARDIANS - HEAVY DRONE: Fixed issue with Machine Gun weapon timing that was causing the DPS to be double the intended value.
- LIGHTBRINGERS - AIR ELEMENTAL: Build cost reduced to 130 (was 150), Build time reduced to 13 (was 15)
- LIGHTBRINGERS - TREANT: Health reduced to 175 (was 190)
- MARINES - OGRE: Health reduced to 230 (was 250); shield health remains the same
Patch 0.93.652295 (30 October 2017)
GENERAL BALANCE CHANGES
- MARINES BARRACKS: Build cost reduced to 300 (was 400), Build time reduced to 15 (was 20)
- MARINES HEAVY FACTORY: Build cost reduced to 575 (was 700), Build time reduced to 25 (was 30)
- MARINES DRONE WORKS: Build cost reduced to 575 (was 700), Build time reduced to 25 (was 30)
- MARINES SHRIKE: Build cost reduced to 150 (was 180), Build time reduced to 12 (was 15)
- MARINES HARPY: Adjusted spacing of attack to make it more accurate. DPS did not change.
- GUARDIANS HEAVY DRONE: Weapons targeting has been adjusted; rockets are now only fired at air, machine gun only fires at ground. The MG weapon has been changed to NEUTRAL damage. It is now a continuous fire weapon (not volleys). This sets the DPS to a consistent 6.0 vs. all ground target types. Rocket damage and timing has not changed.
- DEATHSWORN SHAMAN: Air attack damage changed to neutral (this is mostly for data clarity since the anti-air damage was already 1-1).
- CYCLOPS: Increased AoE radius of club hit to 75 (was 50)
- RENEGADES HEAVY TANK: Anti-Air rocket base damage increased to 5 (was 4)
Patch 0.93.649721 (22 September 2017)
- SUPERWEAPON STRUCTURES (ALL FACTIONS): Build cost reduced to 1500 (was 2000)
- DRAGON: Health reduced to 180 (was 200), The damage over time effect on the anti-air shot has been removed; base damage remains the same.
- FLOATING BRAIN: Attack range increased to 600 (was 500)
- BLAST BUG: Base damage reduced to 16 (was 18)
- OGRE: Movement speed increased to 190 (was 180)
- GREMLIN: Build cost reduced to 120 (was 160), Build time reduced to 10 (was 15)
- RESOURCE ENHANCER (MARINES): Power drain reduced to 80 (was 100)
- TECH LAB (MARINES): Power drain reduced to 130 (was 150)
- CLOAKING GENERATOR (MARINES): Power drain reduced to 130 (was 150)
- POWER PLANT (MARINES): Build cost reduced to 300 (was 350), Build time reduced to 15 (was 20)
- HEAVY DRONE: Build time increased to 20 seconds (was 18)
Patch 0.93.646099 (27 July 2017)
- Added new armor type "Neutral" to game. This will not show up in the GUI listing since it is only used for the Regents in Assassination mode. Neutral armor removes all damage modifiers from weapons - the target will take the weapon's base damage from attacks.
- The Regent unit for all factions (used in Assassination Mode) have been updated to use Neutral Armor.
- Shortened a variety of non-English texts to fit properly within the UI
- Cannon Turret (Guardians): Damage type changed to Neutral, Base damage increased to 20 (was 15), Shot speed slowed to 1.5 (was 1.0), Can now target aircraft
- Wraith (Deathsworn): The heal effect was not stacking to 3 as intended (like all other healers) - this has been fixed, Heal aura increased to 300 radius (was 250) to match skeleton conversion effect radius, Build cost reduced to 140 (was 160).
- Ballista (Lightbringers): Line of attack widened slightly; damage remains the same, but it should be easier to hit with it.
- Phoenix (Lightbringers): Base damage reduced to 14 (was 16), AoE radius of shots reduced to 30 (was 50).
Patch 0.93.644824 (03 July 2017)
- We patched the game to handle a weird text issue on a few of the translated languages. Nothing serious.
Patch 0.93.643597 (19 June 2017)
- Added server functionality to clean up old replays after 4 months if they have not been downloaded
- Updated Master Text Mod file to match all latest new features
- Superweapon countdown timers will sometimes get stuck in a ready state, or not appear at all
- The skull and crossbones icon for defeated players doesn't always appear when a player disconnects
- Occasionally a player may untick ready just as the host has hit start which caused the game to go into an unresponsive state.
- Fixed a variety of Turkish text length problems
Patch 0.93.640656 (02 May 2017)
- Starting units changed to 1 Grenade Infantry and 2 Engineers (was 2 Grenade Infantry and 1 Engineer)
- Siege Artiller Speed reduced to 260 (as 280)
- Heavy Drone build time reduced to 18 (was 20), Will now use rockets when targeting Paladins and Warriors.
- AA Drone build cost increased to 100 (was 80)
- Starting units changes to 2 Archers and 1 Warrior (was 1 Archer and 2 Warriors)
- Dragon build cost reduced to 230 (was 250), build time reduced to 18 (was 20), base damage for Anti-Air attack increased to 15 (was 12)
- Watchtower build time increased to 20 (was 18), Health reduced to 350 (was 450)
- Treant, AoE damage reduced to 4 (was 8) - main target damage remains unchanged, health reduced to 190 (was 200)
- Ranger speed reduced to 280 (was 300), Ground-to-ground weapon range reduced to 750 (was 800), Ground-to-air weapon range reduced to 850 (was 900)
- Arrow Tower build time increased to 20 (was 18), health reduced to 350 (was 450)
- Tripod health reduced to 250 (was 280)
- Blast Bug build cost increased to 300 (was 280), health reduced to 200 (was 220)
- Mothership health reduced to 180 (was 200), build cost increased to 320 (was 300)
- HQ starting power reduced to 60 (was 100)
- Ogre health/Shields increased to 250/100 (was 200/100)
- Harpy build cost reduced to 150 (was 200)
- Manticore range increased to 850 (was 800), move speed increased to 200 (was 180)
Patch 0.93.639073 (08 April 2017)
- Fully enabled support for Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Turkish, Arabic, and Romanian languages
- Added several missing characters to each language
Patch 0.93.638016 (27 March 2017)
- The Wyvern and Gremlin units were using incorrect armor types (Heavy and Light respectively). They now are using the Air armor type as intended.
- The Wraith and Gremlin unit tooltips showed a light attack when they in fact have no damaging attack - this has been fixed.
- Map Circular Logic: Three resource positions moved; the resource points near the bottom of the start position ramps are now all on the same side of the ramp.
- All infantry have had their stealth detection radius increased by 20%
- All turrets have had their stealth detection radius increased by 30%
- Rocket Copter: Range reduced to 700 (was 800)
- Artillery (Renegades): Move speed reduced to 180 (was 200)
- Sniper Infantry: Basedamage increased to 18 (was 15)
- AA Drone: Build cost increased to 80 (was 60), Build time increased to 8 (was 6)
- Arbalist: Build time reduced to 12 seconds (was 15)
- Dragon: Base damage for Anti-Air attack increased to 12 (was 8)
- Rogue: Weapon cooldown increased to 1.5 (was 1.2)
- Pikeman: Health increased to 95 (was 80), Build cost reduced to 60 (was 80)
- Aggressor: Range reduced to 700 (was 800)
- Mothership: Weapon cooldown increased to 1.0 (was 0.7)
Patch 0.93.636120 (06 March 2017)
- Fixed issue preventing the Dragon from using its new anti-air attack at the intended max range.
- FIDO units should now behave correctly with Attack-Move commands.
- The resource fields have been adjusted on the Shipyards map. A new resource node has been added to each base start location in the back (within easy reach of the first refinery). Two resource nodes have been removed from the center area.
- On the River Town map, two resource points added per side; one in the farm area, and one near the ramp by the opposite raised area.
- Players will now cross-spawn in quickmatch games, which means that they will spawn in at the farthest points away from each other when starting the game.
- Ogre - Health / Shields reduced to 200/100 (was 300/100)
- Gorgon - Health / Shields increased to 230/170 (was 150/170), Build cost reduced to 360 (was 370)
- Tripod - Health increased to 280 (was 200), Build cost reduced to 230 (was 260)
Patch 0.93.635494 (24 February 2017)
- Two Additional Multiverse Campaigns to play against the AI
- Replays can now be navigated by clicking on the timeline bar instead of just the timeline grabber
- Battlecam button now works in Observer and Replay Modes
- Fix for crash when using Alt-F4 to exit the game in replay mode
- Harvester: The harvesters no longer crush. All other crushing units remain unchanged.
- Rocket Copter: Build cost increased to 230 (was 200)
- Starting Units: Overall Starting units changed to 2 Grenade Infantry and 1 Engineer (was 3 Grenade Infantry)
- Harvester: The harvesters no longer crush. All other crushing units remain unchanged.
- Light Drone: The target and AoE damage has been split out. The target will now take full damage while all other targets in the AoE will take half. The base damage has not changed.
- Dragon The dragon has been reworked to split out ground and air attacks. Ground attacks will use the flame breath as normal. For air attacks, the Dragon will now spit a fireball which does a flat amount of damage and applies a burning damage-over-time effect. The DoT does not stack.
- Treant: Base damage reduced to 16 for target (was 20) and 8 for AoE (was 10).
- Ballista: Move speed increased to 250 (was 200)
- General: Starting cash increased to 1600 (was 1200)
- Motivator: Build price reduced to 300 (was 350)
- Cranioid: Build cost reduced to 60 (was 70)
- Research Lab: Build cost reduced to 900 (was 1000), Build time reduced to 30 (was 45)
- Parasite Hive: Build cost reduced to 900 (was 1000), Build time reduced to 30 (was 45)
- Destroyer Pit: Health increased to 800 (was 500)
- General: Starting cash increased to 1600 (was 1200)
- Power Plant: Build cost reduced to 350 (was 400)
- Research Lab: Build cost reduced to 900 (was 1000), Build time reduced to 30 (was 45)
- Cloaking Generator: Build cost reduced to 900 (was 1000), Build time reduced to 30 (was 45)
- Titan Bay: Health/Shields increased to 500/300 (was 250/250)
Patch 0.93.634725 (20 February 2017)
- Metaverse Mode Support Added for 8-Bit Hordes Players.
- Incorporating all Voice Response DLC packs into main product.
- Added Battlecam Mode Functionality to Replays and Observer Mode - Button can be found under the radar map
- Added Support for Custom Maps in Observer Mode
- Added loading screen when loading a custom map in Observer Mode
- Fix for crash occuring in Replay Mode
- Fix for (separate) crash in Observer Mode
- Ambient and environmental audio is working for Replay and Observer Modes
- Fixed missing idle loop sounds in Observer Mode
- Corrected ability for some players with very fast PCs to issue unit orders before all players were in.
- Player names always show by default in Replays and Observer Modes
- Removed extra/duplicate player names in Replay and Observer Modes
- Various fixes for seeking in a Replay
- Minor Animation fixes with Idle and Attack animations
Patch 0.93.633815 (13 February 2017)
- Observer Mode - Watch live games in progress
- Game Replays - Browse a list of completed games and learn from masters - or see what your opponent was doing in a previous game you played in.
Patch 0.93.632715 (05 February 2017)
- New Multiverse (Metagame) mode accessible from the main menu.
- Some Co-Op games were not being listed correctly making it harder to find a team member - games should now show up.
- Selecting a random faction in an online game always resulted in the Renegades
faction being selected. Now, any of the 6 factions from all titles will be selected (even if you only have one of the games)
Patch 0.93.631365 (23 January 2017)
- Maintenance patch to keep in sync with other 8-Bit Titles
- Back-end and Client Update to save Replays to Server for later viewing.
Patch 0.93.630860 (16 January 2017)
- Map/Mission names on the loading screen are now localized rather than English text baked into the image.
Treant (Lightbringers, Hordes)
- The main weapon has been changed from a position target (artillery-like) to a direct-fire weapon. This means it is no longer possible to dodge the shots.
- Weapon cooldown reduced to 2.2 seconds (was 3.2).
- Base damage and AoE damage have been split out. The target will now take 20 damage (was 22), Enemies in the AoE radius will take 10 (was 22).
- AoE radius reduced to 50 (was 60)
- Weapon damage type changed to Piercing (was Heavy)
Xenodog (Cranioids, Invaders)
- Build cost increased to 80 (was 70).
- Build time increased to 8 seconds (was 5)
- Duration of Acid Pool reduced to 5 seconds (was 6)
Stink Bug (Cranioids, Invaders)
- Build cost increased to 180 (was 150)
Saucer (Cranioids, Invaders)
- Build cost increased to 180 (was 150)
- Build time increased to 15 seconds (was 12)
Patch 0.93.630444 (9 January 2017)
Happy New Year!
After a few quick fixes for 8-Bit Invaders immediately after release we're now focusing on the bigger picture related to balance and funtionality changes that you've made us aware of.
In terms of fixes, we're really happy with everything we've knocked out in the last few days and we're excited to have you try out these latest changes.
Give it a look, and let us know if we missed anything!
GAME FIXES / IMPROVEMENTS:
- The tooltip for the Gorgon no longer incorrectly states that it can crush.
- The radar blip for Invaders harvesters has been increased in size such that you can see them underneath the resource point icons. This is a temporary fix until we can replace it with a more aesthetically pleasing fix.
- Fixed issue with Hordes and Invaders harvesters where crushable units would run away from them even though they can't crush. This general only happens when playing against a Hard or Insane AI.
- Fixed passability issue on Orc-Jaw Ford map causing harvesters to be unable to dock at some resource nodes.
- The Destroyer pit tooltip no longer says it needs power.
- Potential fix for allied AI not respecting the factions 1-4 resource node "tap" mechanic, also system should not assign initial harvesters to a node more than once.
- The allied harvester resource node "tagging" duration has been increased, which should prevent Invaders factions from stealing from their allies. Armies harvesters increased to 30 seconds (was 20); Hordes harvesters increased to 20 seconds (was 10).
- Battlecam hotkey should not work while in Metaverse overworld.
- Fix for dragging units in meta mode over the garrison structures, which would cause the drag icon to be placed over the unit icon, which would then cause the unit icon to not be draggable anymore.
- The Guardians Drone Center and Scorch tank are no longer pointing to the Renegades tech building for their tooltips.
- Fix for Earth Seige Co-op Mission so doesn't display a count of how many titan bays were destroyed (titan bays are only tracked for Gold Star Visual).
- Fixes that allows Achievement "Hexes are the Future" to be completed.
- Improved game stability.
- Blast Bug: Min range increased to 250 (was 200), Shot cooldown increased to 3.2 (was 2.2); this reduces DPS to 5.14 (was 7.2). Change was made to both ground and air attacks.
- Xeno Dog: Melee range increased slightly to aid in attacking larger objects, Base damage of acid pool reduced to 8 (was 12)
- Invaders Harvesters: Health reduced to 350 (was 500), Move speed reduced to 200 (was 250).
- Titan: The armor type on the Titan was incorrect (Light). It has been changed to Heavy, which was always intended.
Patch 0.93.629806 (21 December 2016)
- Faction 5 & 6 Harvesters teamed with the player will not "prefer" to select resources nearest to the player over its own resource points closest to its starting position.
- Very rare memory leak was fixed - we doubt anyone ran into this but it would have caused a crash if you were playing many games repeatedly with different custom maps.
Patch 0.93.629543 (16 December 2016)
- Check out our super-cool camera mode that puts you right into the action. You'll find the Battlecam Camera icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
Heavy Tank - Attack range of both ground and air weapons reduced to 600 (was 800)
Cannon Turret - Range increased to 700 (was 600)
Spectre - Damage type changed to Heavy (was Siege)
Guardians Engineer - Attack ability now fires a 3-shot volley with slightly increased damage. This increases DPS to 3.46 (was 2.67).
Arbalist - Build time increased to 15 (was 10), Health reduced to 80 (was 90)
Shaman - Broke out ground and air attacks into different abilities, Ground attack remains the same, Air attack range increased to 800 (was 700), Air attack base damage increased to 14 (was 10)
Catapult - Health decreased to 200 (was 300)
Pikeman - Increased arc of attack to 90 degrees (was 60), Increased arc radius of attack to 200 (was 175), Adjusted attack distance to allow arc to hit more targets. Move speed increased to 250 (was 240), Adjusted movement and turn settings to make them more responsive.
Sorceress - Base damage increased to 8 (was 6)
Treant - Range increased to 700 (was 600), Projectile speed slightly increased, Projectile area of effect slightly increased (50 to 60), Rate of fire reduced slightly
Patch 0.73.627487 (05 December 2016)
- Game modified to accept Voice Pack DLC for both 8-Bit Armies factions (Guardians & Renegades)
- Enable Cross-Play support for upcoming 8-Bit Invaders release on December 16th
- Audio fix to ensure that Superweapons will always be heard by enemies and allies
- Updated Mod support to work with new Unit Voice Packs. Player mods will override built-in or DLC verbal unit responses
Patch 0.73.625611 (14 November 2016)
- Game modified to accept Voice Pack for 8-Bit Hordes faction
- Crash / Debug Uploader updated to correctly report results to home server
- Pumpkins reverted game-wide back to chests and crates
- Minor updates made to prepare for cross-play compatibility with 8-Bit Invaders
Patch 0.73.623806 (21 October 2016)
A LITTLE SOMETHING...
- Random Crates / Chests swapped out with something a little more Halloween themed.
- Fixed issue with Voice Subtitles button state persisting when changing Option tabs
- The Guardians and Renegades AIs will now correctly use the starting harvester they are given at the beginning of the game
- Potential fix for lockup/blank screen on game launch for some video cards
- Fixed a random crash that was relatively rare and somewhat random
Patch 0.73.621884 (26 September 2016)
- Final translations have been completed for all languages. This mostly affects Polish and Hungarian - but other languages were updated too.
- Subtitles added for Hungarian and Polish.
- News Wizard died in battle. Long live the Cranioid
Patch 0.73.620572 (12 September 2016)
- 8-Bit Armies & 8-Bit Hordes translated to Polish & Hungarian. This translation should be considered BETA for now. A final version will be posted next week after we receive feedback.
- Subtitles have been created for Russian, German, French, Portuguese, and Chinese languages. (Hungarian & Polish will be completed next week). To turn on subtitles, visit the OPTIONS - TEXT menu.
- New font-remapping functionality dropped in behind the scenes for extra lengthy foreign languages so they are less likely to extend beyond the available UI.
- Miscellaneous UI changes have been made to support longer translated text by making various text boxes longer.
- Earned stars in Co-Op mode were sometimes not displayed correctly and this should be fixed now.
- All maps have been audited for pathfinding issues and fixed if and where necessary.
- The Mod Text File (STUB_Master_Text_Mod_Unicode.csv) for editing the in-game text was updated to include the latest additions to the game. Subtitle support will be added next week.
- Fixed an issue where hosting and then canceling a LAN match would prevent players from loading a campaign map afterward.
- Expanded tooltips have been added to all game manual tech tree objects.
Patch 0.73.619901 (05 September 2016)
- Fixed UI issue where Harvesters on the loadout and Unlocked screen were in different orders
- Crash fix for use of Holy Arrow super weapon at match end
- Additional agro animations added for a variety of units
- Fixed targeting issue with fac 1 and 2 engineers where they could self-heal which is not intentional
- Disabled the timeout on UGC map downloads
- Map Editor: Allow users to zoom out further when the camera is unlocked
- Fix for dragon attack loop staying active in certain cases (when its target dies)
- Fixed Tech Tree faction page "tech" button in tactical mode
- Crash fix for Pikemen killing an Air Factory while it's producing units
- Prevent units from targeting air units which are still under production
- Variety of German, Chinese, French translation fixes
- Stat screen will no longer show gifted resources from other players as earned income
- Heavy Tank: Build cost increased to 280 (was 250)
- Hordes Turrets: Build cost increased to 300 (was 250), Build time increased to 18 seconds (was 15)
- Armies Engineers: Adjustments made to healing behavior to hopefully make them more intelligent and responsive when idle and during attack-move
Patch 0.73.619381 (29 August 2016)
GENERAL UPDATES / IMPROVEMENTS / NEW FEATURES:
- Expanded Tooltip system: We’ve updated unit and structure tooltips to provide more information. There’s now visual requirements, weapon and armor types and build times for each object.
- Harvesters should now seek out another refinery if the refinery they are dropping off resources into is destroyed.
- Game Manual has been improved to support the following:
- New section added for Damage Types
- Hotkey bindings are now updated in the manual instead of being hard-coded into the text
- Manual broken into two completely different sets of content (one for Hordes, one for Armies)
- Turning on the hide under construction flag for several structures to prevent producing units from clipping factories and showing up on radar.
- Assassination Mode: Regent units can no longer be shattered when under the influence of Blizzard. They will still be frozen as normal. Regent target height has been adjusted so that enemy units no longer shoot at their toes.
- Air Elemental: Build time increased by 30%.
- Cyclops: Health increased by 30%.
- Dragon: Fire damage vs. Aircraft increased by 25%.
- General: Armies factions (Renegades and Guardians) now begin the game with a free harvester in skirmish and multiplayer games.
- Deathsworn and Lightbringers Turrets: Health reduced by 10%.
Patch 0.73.618735 (22 August 2016)
- (Player Request) Hotkey added to upgrade HQ buildings where applicable for Lightbringers & Deathsworn factions.
- (Player Request) Subtitle HUD support for the hearing impaired. Any voice notification (like “Construction Complete”) will now optionally display subtitle text. This feature can be switched on in the audio options menu. Localization for languages other than English are pending translation.
- AI names are now applicable to faction being played against
IMPROVEMENTS & UPDATES:
- Multiple maps were further optimized, a few passability/clipping issues were fixed, and a few were polished up a little
- Several changes to the Cyclops animations
- Achievement “Bob’s Your Uncle” was fixed
- Audio mod files and instructions have been updated to support all 8-Bit Armies Titles. If you have a voice pack you created or have edited the text for one of our games, please double-check your mods. Text file file will be updated next.
- Attack-Move improvements allow melee units to move off the path to engage targets within their normal attack range. Previously, they would only attack enemies that were within weapon range, which was short for melee units.
- Air Elemental: Reduced range by 25%, Reduced health by about 17%
- Ballista: Health reduced by 8%, Move speed reduced by 20%
- Shaman: Reduced base damage, resulting in a DPS reduction of about 17%, Reduced range by about 13%
- Phoenix: Health after respawn is now 75% of original health (was 100%)
Patch 0.73.618157b (16 August 2016)\
- Multiplayer compatibility with 8-Bit Hordes
- New language support for French, Russian, Brazilian-Portuguese and Simplified Chinese
- Engineers now heal in a small area around their target (was single target).
- LAN multiplayer improvements
- Rocket Car:
- Reduced rockets in volley to 2, increased total rate of fire. (Result is about 25% DPS reduction)
- Increased move speed by 15%
- Reduced build cost to 125 (was 130)
- Reduced move speed by 30%
- Increased move speed by 40%
- Reduced health by 10%
- Increased move speed by 10%
- Increased build cost to 120 (was 110)
- Build cost increased to 120 (was 90)
- Build cost reduced to 130 (was 180)
- Build cost reduced to 150 (was 200)
- Rocket Infantry:
- Weapon cooldown slightly reduced which increases DPS by about 20%.
- Base damage reduced to 9 (was 10) for a 10% reduction in DPS.
- Min Range increased by 25%
- Build cost reduced to 150 (was 200)
Machine Gun Turret:
- Build cost reduced to 130 (was 180)
Patch 0.73.616354 (27 July 2016)
- LAN mode support (BETA).
- (Known Issue: Rally point lines missing)
- (Known Issue: Ready boxes are slow to update from players other than host)
Patch 0.73.615259 (18 July 2016)
GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES:
- Fixed issue preventing the AI from firing their superweapons
- Enter now always opens the chat box in team mode (except when there are no allies); shift enter always enters it in all chat mode
- Made the notification for generating default passability more clear about replacing any existing passability
- Added hints to the debrief screens (Not yet translated)
- AI Fix to harvesters not returning to harvesting resources after dodging a superweapon
- Map Editor: Integrating Map Editor textures fix when opening the map properties dialog
- Fixed issue with joined player's star count not going away if they leave the lobby after already playing a previous coop game
- Fix for teams not showing up properly in non-random case on loading screen
- Fixed a series of German translations that were incorrect in the first release
Patch 0.73.614155 (07 July 2016)
- German Localization: Fixed several grammar issues as reported by users
- AA Drone Balance: Reduced attack range by 20%, Reduced base move speed by about 30%, Reduced health by about 15%
- Heavy Drone: Reduced DPS of both weapons by about 15%, Reduced move speed by 15%, Reduced health by 20%
Patch 0.73.613769 (04th July 2016)
- German Localization: This should be considered "BETA" and we are looking forward to getting any bug reports or UI alignment issues reported to us so we can get them fixed and dropped into our next patch.
- Random Team Generation: Players can now choose to have our servers drop them into teams randomly.
- Aircraft should now fly at least 200 units above the ground. This fixes issues on some of the custom maps that were being created.
- Units in production cannot reveal stealthed units
- Fixed an issue related to units that pop out of random crates
Patch 0.73.612831 (27 June 2016)
- Quickmatch (Player Requested): Multiplayer now provides an option to randomly match against another player of an equal skill setting in 1v1 using our internal Elo rating system. Maps are randomly selected from an approved list selected and updated by the design team. All matches use standard victory condition, with 10k resources, and crates turned off. Players need only select Quickmatch and then choose their faction.
- Fix for issue in which infantry were still playing their run sounds even while being transported
- Removed delay before playing the movie when surrendering or while in the tutorial
- Fixed issue related to the AI firing a superweapon after the relevant structure had already been destroyed
- Font support for German language characters Ä, Ö, Ü, and ß for upcoming translation release
Patch 0.73.612289 (20 June 2016)
- Added double-size (64x64) mouse pointer cursors for 4K or visually impaired players
- MODS: Added ability to load loose mod .TTF fonts from the Mod Text directory
- MODS: Players can override music scores per faction (via MP3 files).
- New Game mode for Skirmish & Multiplayer! In this mode, players will be given a victory-condition character they must keep alive. The last player with their “hero” alive wins the match.
- Crates checkbox changed to slider. Players can choose to have anywhere from 0% to 100% crate release when buildings are destroyed. This creates a completely different gameplay scenario in multiplayer.
- Replaced the old “Coming Soon” button in the lower left with a Current News panel to keep players better informed if they’re not visiting the game forums. Information about upcoming improvements/factions/games will be made available through this new button.
- MODS: Updated voice mod notes by adding all Faction 2 units plus new Faction 1 Heavy Tank
- MODS: Fixed the file reading method of the mod CSV file so that it will not prematurely think it hit EOF with certain characters (Thanks to WWWorm for pointing this out!)
- Stealthed units are no longer stealthed when you have no structures left, so total annihilation victory condition works better
- Adjusted Guardians Missions 07 & 11 to track the correct engineer crates
- Fixed incorrect tooltips for some units like the Air Transport and Heavy Tank
- AA Drone: Balance: Default move speed and explosion damage both reduced by 20%
- Harvesters will no longer consider under-construction refineries when looking for a nearby refinery
- Added a “stealth broken” color and icon above unit health bar to distinguish when someone has detected your stealthed units
- Fix for unpaid for structures (which are not targetable and are invulnerable) still counting as victory relevant objects
- More than one player can use the "random start location" in multiplayer lobbies now
- Corrected displayed rank for campaign debrief screen if playing Guardians campaign
Patch 0.73.611370 (13 June 2016)
- Support for Arctic Assault map in multiplayer / skirmish
- Mod support for custom V/O using the Guardians Faction
- Mod support for custom game text (see 8-Bit Mods & Map Development)
Patch 0.73.611070 (09 June 2016)
- Hooked up hard objective star textures so you have a visual indication if you complete missions on hard difficulty
- Fixed several Guardians tooltips that referred to “Air Control” instead of “Drone Center”
- When setting default factory via setting the rally, set the default factory to the closest factory of each selected type
- Improved error handling for invalid maps
- Handle maps that are already in the process of downloading correctly
- Fixed issue on Arctic Assault map preventing ground direct-fire units from firing across water areas
- Adjusted the low pitch on the burning death scream SFX to be normal, so samples would not be as long and drawn out
- Reduced the audible range a bit from "large" to "medium" (These are still audible in fog of war)
- Potential fix for attack moves stopping too early
- Server-side improvements to handle even larger player armies
- Adjusted crates in campaign to give engineers that are of the same type/faction
- Fixed save/load issue related to stealth tanks and drones
- Fix for GoG players trying to play DLC when they are logged out of Galaxy
- ROCKET CAR: Health reduced by 25%
- RENEGADES ARTILLERY: Damage vs. vehicles reduced by 25%
- AA DRONE: Health reduced by 40%, Build cost increased to 60 (was 50)
- GRENADE INFANTRY: Damage vs. vehicles increased by 50%, Increased projectile speed by about 20%
Patch 0.73.610625 (06 June 2016)
- Support for Guardians Campaign
- 8-Bit Armies: Audio / Event Notifications: Added individual "player eliminated" callouts for the 10 player colors
- Some Map publishing issues fixed
- Remove "tank" from the Spectre Tank name
- Fix for not being able to fire upon an enemy when at least one unit didn't care about the min-range check (client-side mouse cursor action logic)
- Updating defeat video to fix issue where it wasn't displaying
- Added min-damage attribute to fix issue with APC crushing
- Changed all armor types for destroyable civilian objects to "structure" to fix issue with objects sometimes getting passed through instead of crushed
- Changed old skirmish achievements to require playing as faction 1 now that there are faction 2 versions of those achievements
- Volumed down the Scorch Tank movement loops a bit, since really loud in large groups
- Fixed the Heavy tank not appearing the the selection tray
- Adjusted push settings of Spectre, APC and Heavy Tank to help with issues where units could not push through other units
- Reduced stealth detection range of turrets for both factions by 30%
- Heavy Tank weapon is no longer AOE (unintentional)
- Fix for stealth tanks stopping patrol when taking damage (usually from environment, like lava)
- Adjusted Scorch Tank weapon to fix issue where close-up units standing in the flames weren't taking damage
- Added GUI SFX acknowledgements for issuing board/unboard transport commands - much better than silence
- Added GUI movement SFX for issuing harvester movement to refinery and resource commands
- Added missing AoE attribute for use on APC's crusher effect
- Added icon for stealth revealed
- Custom maps will now have players start with 1200 resources; also, graying out the vertex spacing option for the custom editor
- Progress bar added to publish action in terrain editor
- Increasing delay between playing no power audio from 10 seconds to 15 seconds
- Added audio and event notification support for picking up a "mission crate" in the campaign
- AI won’t send anti-air drones after aircraft that are still under construction
- Heavy Tank: Main cannon weapon is no longer AoE (this was an unintended effect)
- Spectre Tank: Name changed to just "Spectre" since it's not REALLY a tank,
- Spectre Tank: Changed weapon to fire two shots in a volley instead of one single shot. This resulted in a very minor change to DPS (a loss of about 2%)
- Spectre Tank: Reduced health by 10%
- Grenade Infantry: Increased AoE radius of grenade by 50% and increased damage vs. structures by 25%
- Scorch Tank: Adjusted weapon to fix issue where close-up units standing in the flames weren't taking damage
- Rocket Car: Build cost reduced to 80 (was 100)
- Heavy Drone: Health increased by 10%
Patch 0.73.609870 (30 May 2016)
- Support for new Guardians Faction DLC (Free)
- Map Editor released to public
Patch 0.73.608786 (23 May 2016)
- New 1v1 Multiplayer / Skirmish map called Gator Gulch added to game.
Patch 0.73.608287 (18 May 2016)
- Links added for ClanWars and GameReplays on Multiplayer page.
- Added firing range rings when placing turrets.
GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS / FIXES:
- Fixed crash upon exiting the tutorial when hitting ESC (happens in demo and live game).
- Fixed slow loading of some larger campaign maps.
Patch 0.73.607861 (13 May 2016)
- (Player Request): Added a command bar in lower left which shows selected units. Can be hidden or unhidden, and units can be selected from within the group by selecting the sub-group.
- (Player Request): Players can send money to friends playing on the same team. Can use the button in the upper right corner to bring up a special UI for this, or just click any allied unit or structure and click the “Insert” key.
- (Player Request): Players can now ping the map with offensive and defensive pings. Default hotkeys for this are Alt-G and Ctrl-Alt-G, but we are looking to set these to something else in the future.
- All player names are now shown in the upper right corner (used to be just players with nukes). Can be turned on/off/minimized by hitting the F5 key.
- Added social buttons for facebook and twitter.
- Co-Op campaign mission 1 and 2 difficulty were adjusted to make them more reasonable (especially for the first two co-op missions!)
- All Co-Op campaign missions: AI no longer attempts to kite making it easier for players to use harvesters to crush AI infantry easier.
- Added support for local player crate effects with HUD voice notifications.
- Experimental audio fix for ASUS Xonar shutdown audio issues.
- Changed video default to borderless fullscreen windowed. This will solve problems for some new players. This affects everyone, so just adjust back to your previous settings if you prefer.
- Added check for "Enter" press while in the password entry dialog.
- When hosting while logged into GOG, the hostname field now shows the proper GOG name not the computer name.
- Fix for unpowered turret animations playing when not supposed to.
- Added additional error messages for when joining a custom match fails.
- Better handling of unicode player names.
- FIX: make sure nuke timer display is correct after a loaded save game.
- Fix for unit production time being cut when transferring production between factories while unpowered.
- Updated faction UI colors to be more legible in chat interface.
Patch 0.73.607136 (09 May 2016)
More new stuff to play with!
We've added a couple co-op missions to the campaign and there's a new option to play all the co-op campaign missions on easy. Earning stars now works similarly for both co-op and single-player campaigns.
We also give you the option to change the amount of resources on a map, password protect your game lobbies, and let you build structures in your allies bases. (We're interested in seeing how this last one pans out.)
Thanks to everyone that helped in our beta testing of this patch and for the great suggestions. We'll have more beta testing opportunities in the future.
NEW FEATURES & CONTENT:
- Added Co-Op Mission: 10 Commandos
- Added Co-Op Mission: King of the Hill
- (Player Request) Added easy difficulty option for Co-Op campaign.
- (Player Request) Players can now drop structures within the normal build radius of their allies in skirmish & multiplayer modes. This can help in situations where your friend is getting picked on by an aggressive AI or enemy player.
- (Player Request) Resource Slider: Allows players to increase the total amount of resource found on ALL oil derricks for that specific match.
- (Player Request) Passwords enabled for private multiplayer game lobbies.
- (Player Request) 8-Bit Armies: Audio: Reduced Win/Lose music back to default level.
- Campaign objectives are now visible in the multiplayer lobby if in a co-op campaign game.
- Name for multiplayer game can now be adjusted (it is no longer just the player's name).
- Even more improvements to lobby latency. We think (hope) this handles all remaining lag issues in the lobby for the last few people that were seeing them.
- Added messaging when host hits the launch button so other players know something is happening.
- Added version out of date warning to multiplayer match list display for those rare situations where a player can connect with an old client.
- Added support for directed unit guard voice responses, as well as a GUI SFX for confirmation.
- Better messaging to players regarding communication status / issues with connecting to the server.
- Fixed inconsistency between build range with buildings of different sizes.
- Fixed some extents to match grid cell placement logic better.
- Fixed issue with AI not kiting tanks and harvesters when they should.
- Fixed "Is it hot in here" nuke achievement.
- Back-end UI improvements to support multiple factions.
- Updated 8-bit font to have more/better glyphs.
- Mission 19: Leapfrog - Several adjustments to make it a little easier.
- Added 3 second delay after victory/defeat before movie plays so people aren’t sometimes surprised that the mission is over.
- Engineer heal rate increased to 8/second (was 5/second).
- Health bar on the commando has been raised such that it no longer impales his head.
- Fix for game name to support mixed-case in lobbies.
- Fix for transports missing control group text.
- Added button states to the sell and repair buttons so players can more easily see that they are in Sell or Repair mode.
- Slight increase to build distance to prevent issues with giving some players an unfair advantage when starting on certain start positions over others.
Patch 0.73.606493 (04th May 2016)
- Implemented Lag Dialog to show players that are lagging/disconnecting
- Added error message dialog when host match request fails.
- Additional AI personalities added to Skirmish and Multiplayer which will not immediately rush the player. Personalities are chosen at random, so some AI opponents will still rush, but it will be delayed by a number of minutes at the start of the match.
GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS AND FIXES:
- Improved Harvester logic when deciding where to drop off
- Fix for co-op campaign stars not always showing up as completed - due to the responsiveness fixes for the game server improvements.
- Make sure the AI honors game settings that limit structure building (HQ, Nuke Silo)
- Variety of AI Changes for Single Player Campaign to take into account recent Balance Changes (especially requiring Radar for Rocket Copters and Stronger Artillery)
- AI will more aggressively respond to attacks on its base (even to its own detrminent, e.g. throwing units away)
- Mission 19: Leapfrog: Gold Objective: Changed from 15 minutes to 20 minutes to help compensate for the increased rocket turret damage vs. helicopters
- Adjustments to missions 8, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25 due to recent balance changes.
Patch 0.73.606248 (02 May 2016)
- Host of multiplayer games can now swap colors and starting locations between players.
- Host can lock out further changes by other players in the lobby.
- Additional mod support for player-created voice packs. (Instructions forthcoming)
- Show control group number in attached GUI near healthbar.
- Display game settings when browsing multiplayer lobbies
GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES:
- Reapplying FOW check to building placement and having build grid visual update to match
- Fix for super weapon dialog hiding timer when user has a default factory that is producing sold/killed
- Leave lobby when multiplayer menu back button is pressed.
- Map Preview no longer hides details
- Delete old stale save games that no longer match the current protocol version to avoid crash
- Debrief screen now shows players and "N/A" for stats when the player exits skirmish immediately after loading into map and before any stats are collected.
- Hide lock option in skirmish
- Added Commando Crate to Co-op missions 1-4
- Fix for unit button state not clearing when losing the last default factory of a type
Patch 0.73.606090 (29 April 2016)
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Added build placement UI so that it’s easier to see where you can build.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Added retry option for solo campaign missions and skirmish.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Changed difficulty level damage modifier to not apply to superweapon (nukes) or neutral player (environmental lava). This will make hard mode missions a little easier where the AI has nukes.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Setting a rally point on a non-primary factory makes that factory the new primary.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Resource nodes now go dark when exhausted and radar icon is also removed.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): User MOD support for unit voice responses. (More information coming once we test this in a live environment).
- (PLAYER SUGGESTION): Added backgrounds for several menus.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Invite functionality for Steam friends lists.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Adding in support to enable/disable superweapons in skirmish and multiplayer.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Changing sell/repair to work similarly. Pressing either one places you into SELL or REPAIR mode. Players can hold SHIFT to sell or repair MULTIPLE STRUCTURES. (We are looking for player feedback on this one.)
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Added scatter action for units. Pressing hotkey ‘L’ will now scatter units – helpful against getting run over.
- (PLAYER REQUEST): Remove constant notifications for damage caused by lava.
- Fixed Starting Buildings so not in props (multiple maps) 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
- Mission 15 (Oil Can): Changed Text to 10 minutes to match actual objective timing.
- Fix for a save/load issue in which player's structures were not being placed due to server side checks failing due to not loading a set.
(GENERAL): Rocket Damage type bonus vs. structures reduced. This affects Rocket Infantry, Rocket Copters and Rocket Turrets.
(ROCKET TURRETS): Ground and air attacks have been separated out. While damage remains the same, attacks against aircraft are now AoE.
(ARTILLERY): Base damage increased and damage vs. vehicles increased. Firing speed increased.
(ROCKET HELI): Now requires Radar to produce.
(MG HELI): Build cost reduced.
(RADAR): Cost and Power reduced, build time slightly increased, effectiveness (range) also increased.
(COMMANDOS) Can no longer be crushed by tanks or harvesters.
(The Design Team will be watching the forums for feedback on these balance changes. Try it out, then let us know what you think.)
- Additional delays fixed in multiplayer lobby messaging.
- Disable multiplayer join button when selected match is full.
- Disable multiplayer join button while waiting for a response.
- UI: adding Discord and Twitch icons with links.
- After playing invited match, player will return to associated match selection screen.
- Fix for rewards showing garbage in tactical pause menu when in co-op.
- Fix for player count not refreshing on multiplayer lobby.
- Adding in text to show multiplayer is retrieving matches.
- Don't allow multiplayer matches to start if there's only 1 human.
- Fix for GoG Galaxy message not going away when logged into Galaxy.
- Make sure objects contained in a transport that is destroyed are properly destroyed so that missions end correctly in annihilation mode.
- CRASH FIX: [AI] Fix issue related to selling structures.
- [AI] Prevent transports from unloading in impassable terrain.
- UI: updating lock icon to white.
- UI: Adjusted some of the selection colors.
- Updated tooltips and object stats for balance changes.
- Fixed floating boats and objects that didn't blow up on several maps.
- Adjusted default FOW alpha setting to mid-range for new players.
- Fix for game window not staying where you put it.
- Updated the build tree in the manual.
- Disabling auto-queue mode for now.
Patch 0.73.605655 (26 April 2016)
- Added slider bar for FOW full and explored fog color alpha (Player Request). Players can adjust their own Fog of War for all maps by going to the options screen. (Go try it!)
- Added visibility for Allied radar rings on mini-map (Player Request).
- Save games Enabled. If you have to stop playing mid-mission, your progress will be saved and can be resumed later where you left off. (New Feature)
- New, easier to read indicators for primary factory bonuses. (Awesome!)
- Added Win/Loss music to end-game movies.
- Crash fix for long player names.
- Crash fix for AI trying to sell structures to fund a harvester.
- Crash fix for (obscure) multiplayer issue some players experienced.
- Creating two structures at once has been fixed. (Player Reported).
- Improvement for players loading into campaign too late (game starting too early); seen as harvesters sliding along at the start (also modified harvester behavior to not start harvesting until the game actually starts, instead of when they are first created during instance creation) (Player Reported).
- Fixed justification for production tray for 21:9 monitors (Player Reported)
- Fix for losing selection when multiplayer lobbies get refreshed (super annoying!) (Player Request).
- Made common pace movement hotkey toggle on/off, and not be cleared once issuing a single move, even if you are still holding down the key.
- Reduced min drag select distance from 40 to 5.
- Fixed wrong tooltip wording on tooltip delay.
- Rocket Helicopter is now easier to select.
- Enable crushing behavior for AI tanks in some situations. AI tanks will now choose to come after player infantry nearby instead of standard attack.
- Fix for "Retrieving..." text staying stuck on multiplayer and co-op lobby screens
- Placing a structure will now destroy/remove nearby props – no more trees sprouting in buildings.
- Widened super weapon player name text.
- Updated mission title UI to fit better.
- Windows screen saver will not kick in if the game is in focus (Player Reported).
- Difficulty adjustments to all missions in the Cooperative Campaign based on player feedback. Should be just a little easier now.
- Adjusted crates to be more accessible in some campaign maps (Player Reported)
- Co-Op campaign balance pass to make it a little easier.
- New Silver Bonus Objective for “Cleansing Fire”
- General tutorial fixes to prevent players getting stuck. Also added ambient sound effects.
- Fixed several typos, grammar errors and spelling issues in game text.
- Removed a destroyable prop from multiple maps that was causing pathing issues.
- Clarified bonus objectives with "Bonus:" text to objective display.
- Removed objects in campaign loadout tab that haven't been unlocked yet and not granted to you as a starting object reward.
- Minimap images updated (quality and clarity).
- Fixed wrong rank displayed on campaign debrief screen.
- Removed 3 letter rank designation because it was confusing to players and was already duplicated with iconic rank being shown
- Improved air pathing over some parts of Industry Zone map.
Patch 0.73.605367 (25 April 2016)
- Reduced multiplayer coordinator timeout for messages from 30 seconds to 5 seconds. On failure to send a message, server would wait 30 seconds before re-sending. This was a major cause of getting games started in multiplayer
- Fixed Crash related to the AI attempting to repair a structure with zero health. This would occur only if a structure was destroyed in the same second that it attempted to repair.
- Fixed Crash related to a small subset of high-end video cards
- Fixed Crash for very long names associated with GOG accounts
- Added warning message for players that are not logged in to GOG Galaxy
- Adjustments to instance server allocation strategy on the backend multiplayer coordinator (server patch) and minor optimization adjustments