Update 1.0.10 (January 4th, 2023)
- Winter seasonal content has ended. Christmas Pops will be back next year with more presents to give. Congratulations to the winners of the Winter Community Event: @Mona, @karoleem, and @Minnie!
- Fixed a number of issues with the new "Sell Everything" feature button selling things in renovation modes that don't permit rebuying all items. Also removed bulldozing windows from the action.
- Fixed a tenant request issue with requests not properly timing out when switching to a different district.
- Fixed an issue with the never ending Leaky Pipe event.
- Fixed a few issues with jobs, room detection, and preferred tags.
- Lowered the time interval between generating new Elite Contracts.
Update 1.0.8 (December 20th, 2022)
- Christmas Pops is back with a new time-limited elite contract and a community event!
- Adorned Wondersville with festive decorations all around the game and the main menu.
- Elves now walk the streets of Wondersville.
- Uncle Steve took it upon himself to dress as Santa for all tenants.
- Added the option to disable seasonal environment.
- Implemented a new phone app: Fishing With Steve.
- Implemented new creative settings (full sandbox mode that unlocks all content, more starting money options).
- Implemented an option to quickly sell everything in player owned apartments.
- Implemented a pin system for favorite items.
- Added a new item set: Reptilia And Marsupial, co-designed by the winner of the Halloween renovation contest - Blu.
- Added a new item set: Outdoor Christmas Inflatables.
- Added a new item set: Happy New Year.
- Added an option to browse agents before replacing an existing one.
- Agents now take care of tenants' trash while working.
- Outlets UI will now also display unavailable outlets.
- Sampling items will now also correctly copy the color variant.
- Added a portal front door to the Nerd House in the Suburbs.
- Fixed the "no property limit" setting to actually allow for an unlimited number of properties.
- Fixed cashflow calculation inaccuracies.
- Fixed an issue with Target Cards.
- Fixed issues related to the sprinkler malfunction event.
- Fixed an issue with the pest event tutorial.
Update 1.07 (November 17th, 2022)
- Revised the way the game preloads all its data at startup. This should significantly help those freezing and crashing when launching the game.
- Employees will now display outdoor icons above their actual workstation.
- Employees will now go home after work, instead of going to another job.
- "Escape" will now close open panels first, before launching the pause menu.
- Adjusted the budget of the President job.
- Adjusted the location of one of the cell phone collectibles in Manhattan.
- "Gotta Catch Them All" achievement will now count collectible sets completed pre-1.0.
- Fixed agents not renting out properties to businesses in Manhattan properly.
- Fixed issues (hopefully) with agents renting out properties for $0. If you have any more cases like this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fixed an issue with purchased elite job properties not resetting their requirements to default.
- Fixed an issue with the AI not reloading its current action properly when restarting the game.
- Fixed a number of issues with furniture items.
- Fixed an issue with Open House guests being stuck at thinking at one of the Manhattan properties.
- Fixed an issue with an incorrect property thumbnail in the Slums.
- Fixed more issues with the Politician speech event not spawning properly.
- Fixed issues related to research tasks involving tenants who had their traits swapped.
Update 1.0.6 (November 8th, 2022)
- Halloween is now over! Congratulations to the winners and everyone else for their wonderful designs!
- Agents will now prioritize lease extensions that boost rent value before opting for same terms extension.
- Adjusted the budget for the gas station job.
- Fixed an issue with Loan Oak 45 never coming back to auctions after missing it the first time.
- Fixed an issue with ghost fixed-price property offer notifications.
- Fixed an issue with the Politician speech event breaking in more complex apartment layouts.
- Fixed an issue with the incorrect Discord invite link in the main menu.
- Fixed a number of issues with furniture and color variants.
Update 1.0.4 (October 27th, 2022)
- Reintroduced Count Dracoola with a special community contest Elite Contract.
- Decorated the main menu and the Slums with a sprinkle of spookiness.
- Implemented furniture tooltips in renovation mode displaying item names and tags when hovered over.
- Added budget entries for all undo actions.
- Tweaked the background traffic density setting to be more responsive.
- The apartment context UI will now show the number of vacant bedrooms.
- Vacancies will now be calculated as 0 in cases where a single tenant occupies the entire apartment.
- Added tenant level and level-up reward markers to the tenant overview panel.
- Disabled moving the fuse box if it's not in the job room.
- Adjusted aunt apartment's error message when heating isn't configured to be less confusing.
- Fixed issues related to achievements on Epic Store.
- Fixed a few issues related to the Politician archetype entry in Steve's Guidebook.
- Fixed an issue with detecting preferred item placement in the tutorial trailer.
- Fixed an issue with tenants not receiving XP after a full month passes.
- Fixed an issue with business employees receiving XP.
- Fixed an issue with players not being able to tear down certain walls.
- Fixed a few issues related to doors and furniture item colors.
- Fixed a missing building in the slums.
- Fixed a game-breaking issue with agents searching for new tenants sometimes locking the bedroom slot forever.
- Fixed issues related to undoing wall bulldoze actions.
- Fixed an issue with ambient sounds stacking when changing districts.
- Fixed an issue with the notification count not refreshing after clearing all messages.
- Fixed a few game-breaking issues related to open houses and the new open house filters.
- Fixed an issue with Sushi Bar's outdoor garden area not allowing players to place items.
- Fixed a number of issues related to room detection in Manhattan jobs.
- Fixed even more garden gnome issues.
- Fixed a number of tutorial issues related to using keyboard shortcuts over UI buttons.
- Fixed a number of issues with the Cactus Hunt event.
Update 1.0.3 (October 22nd, 2022)
- Fixed a host of issues related to translations which impacted the ability to load the game for some users.
- Fixed detecting completion of achievements related to collectibles in cases where a user has already completed a given set.
- Fixed an issue with loading the game on Epic games store.
- Fixed an issue with the auctions tutorial.
- Tweaked placement availability for one of the Darts items.
- Fixed an issue with registering some of the new achievements.
- Fixed issues with a number of jobs.
- Fixed an issue with one of the translations causing issues when continuing the game.
- Enabled bulldozing walls even when they're outlets on them.
Update 1.0.1 (October 21st, 2022)
- Fixed a number of issues related to the game freezing on startup. If you're still experiencing the issue, then please launch the game using the new "Play with extended logging" launch option on startup and email us your log files to email@example.com.
- Fixed an issue with the renovation item list not properly updating.
- Fixed an issue with the room highlighter not always working in jobs.
- Fixed a number of issues with jobs.
- Fixed an issue with tooltips not always working in the main menu.
- Fixed a few issues with the utility and remodelling tutorial sections.
- Removed Twitch integration console being pulled up by pressing F12.
Update 1.0 (October 20th, 2022)
- Implemented tenant progression system with 20 levels including a few brand-new mini-features (sending tenant clothes, moving house, swapping traits).
- Implemented new agent mechanics: sending them to training courses to level up their stats & searching for new tenants.
- Implemented new end game missions and 3 new manual workers.
- Implemented Twitch integration.
- Implemented Discord integration.
- Implemented an alternate way to browse items in renovation mode.
- Implemented fixed-price apartment deals that appear from time to time.
- Implemented the ability to undo your last action in renovation mode.
- Implemented changeable wallpapers and phone skins.
- Reworked the Open House panel and added the ability to target specific demographics.
- Reworked the Upgrades system to allow placement of core upgrade outlets (water, electricity, heating) in renovation mode.
- Added a special reward set for everyone that played the game during Early Access.
- Added 4 new Elite Contracts.
- Added voiceovers for Uncle Steve & Elite Contract clients.
- Added 20 new achievements.
- Added special archetype item sets obtainable through leveling up tenants.
- Reworked many of Total Renovation jobs (mostly in the Slums and Suburbs) to have fewer required rooms.
- Reworked the cleaning setups in many renovation jobs.
- Optimized loading times and RAM usage in general.
- Reworked the room assignment system in jobs. Now the issues with room identification shouldn't appear anymore.
- Added an "are you asleep?" popup that appears after 5 minutes of inactivity. Can be disabled in options.
- Added the option to set auto save frequency, including the ability to turn them off.
- Overhauled item scaling for a lot of items to make it all more consistent.
- Re-enabled the trashing system.
- Added a button to mark all messages as read.
- Added a particle effect to the tenants affected by Magician's tricks.
- Added a floor based version of the water outlet.
- Added an indication in the Texting app if the tenant is job-related or not.
- Added a visual effect that indicates which rooms are related to your current job.
- Added a visual effect that indicates when the furniture you're placing is touching walls.
- Now renovation job listings also display the number of rooms that you'll have to renovate.
- Implemented the Occupation Bonus and Subsidy systems to increase income from renting in the early game.
- Reworked the tag assignments for all furniture and reduced the overall number of tags.
- Fixed an issue with giant accessories such as guitars.
- Fixed a number of issues with the cockroach invasion and rat infestation in creative mode.
Patch 0.91 (August 16th, 2022)
- Reworked the Playing for High Stakes mission (the infamous 12/8k cash flow objective) to not include loans in its cash flow calculation in order to make it easier to complete it and progress the main storyline.
- Reworked item tag filtering to allow for excluding selected tags.
- Adjusted a number of job requirements and budgets.
- Company bosses will no longer be as phased by employee actions (will suffer less happiness penalties).
- Increased the chance of spawning a viable company renter in business properties.
- Safeguarded business Open House jobs in Manhattan to always be possible to complete.
- Fixed an issue with the force apartment sell popup when upgrading from a pre landlord update save file.
- Fixed an issue with a number of animations.
- Fixed a few issues with apartment variants not having access to utilities.
- Fixed an issue with Open Houses not properly refreshing utility access after configuring utilities.
- Fixed an issue with some more walls being impossible to tear down.
- Fixed an issue with the Real Estate Magnate mission related to the 10 tenants housed subtask not always being properly checked off.
Patch 0.9i (August 5th, 2022)
- Fixed the sink hole debacle in the Slums.
- Fixed an issue with the heating damage event failing to properly initialize.
- Fixed an issue with duplicated auctions causing massive fps drops.
Update 0.9h (August 2nd, 2022)
- Reverted a recent change to pathing precision as it ended up causing critical issues. Will be added back in after further investigation and fixing.
- Changed the happy tenant mission to include lease duration equal to or higher than 120 days instead of only equal.
- Fixed an issue related to starting apartment events.
- Fixed an issue with the Leaky Pipe event.
Update 0.9g (August 1st, 2022)
- Greatly optimized initial loading times improving frame pacing when getting into the main menu. This hopefully should help those struggling to get past the initial logos; let us know if you still have issues.
- Optimized performance in Manhattan.
- Improved pathing precision.
- Fixed an issue with the property overview UI not supporting more than 12 tenants.
- Fixed a few more issues with ghost tenants.
- Fixed an issue with the Collector Target Card not being triggered when collecting random pickups.
- Fixed an issue with the negative infinity progress on the walling requirement in renovation.
- Fixed a number of issues with tenant events.
Update 0.9f (July 30th, 2022)
- Tweaked the water and electricity sockets to stay hidden outside of configuration and item placement when placing an item that requires access to one of those two.
- Added a contextual highlight to upgrade sockets in renovation mode.
- Tweaked the walls that can be used to place windows on and which pre-existing windows can be demolished.
- Tweaked jobs that required deprecated items.
- Tweaked business open house so that companies that are interested in the particular apartment should appear much more often.
- Added vertical scrollbars to apartment and tenant context windows so they fit better on the screen.
- Updated the water tap UI icon.
- Disabled the option to submit a player save through the feedback panel for now, until we resolve some server related issues.
- Implemented a recovery method for older save files that had already accepted jobs that later on got fixed. The game will now validate all active jobs on startup to fix any budget / item requirements related issues.
- Fixed a visual glitch with a hole in one of the buildings.
- Fixed an issue with some bills having a payment period of 0, which resulted in a quick money drain.
- Fixed a number of issues related to actions performed by the office workers.
- Fixed a number of issues related to balconies, room detection and pathing in various apartments in Manhattan.
- Fixed a number of issues related to item highlights, colliders and icons.
- Fixed an issue with placing upgrade sockets on demolished full-glass windows.
- Fixed an issue with an unpaintable door at Loan Oak 60/1.
- Fixed an issue with misplaced rubbish appearing for some people in certain apartments.
- Fixed an issue with item warnings being visible while cleaning an apartment.
Patch 0.9e (July 27th, 2022)
- Changed the water upgrade socket model to make it less intrusive due to popular demand.
- Added new item relationships to the proximity bonus system.
- Added missing Korean translations for Manhattan content.
- Added heatmap coverage hints to security cameras.
- Tweaked some of the translations.
- Tweaked the "unacceptable" open house guest text to display more info.
- Fixed an issue with the bald people epidemic for tenants.
- Fixed an issue with one pesky job reviewer being stuck at the front door naked in Manhattan.
- Fixed an issue with Cleaning Robots not properly saving already placed vacuums.
- Fixed a number of visual glitches in Manhattan.
- Fixed an issue with the door in the Theater apartment.
- Fixed an issue with bills in the Danny's Tower apartment.
- Fixed an issue with rent values being too high in some cases.
- Fixed a few issues with untearable walls.
- Fixed an issue with ghost tenants in Manhattan.
- Fixed an issue with Suburbs and Manhattan related item categories and sets not being unlocked in Creative mode when Uncle Steve tutorials were disabled.
- Fixed an issue with saving door color variants.
- Fixed an issue with saving tenant archetype entries in Steve's Guidebook.
- Fixed an issue with one of Manhattan's villas being partly obstructed by a different building.
- Fixed an issue with the buy apartment main missions not properly handling edge cases where the apartment in question was already bought.
- Fixed an issue with employees requesting renovation from the player.
- Fixed an issue with employees breaking the contract when very unhappy.
- Fixed an issue with employees asking to renegotiate.
- Fixed an issue with build windows tool window display in the Slums.
- Tweaked the budget in many different jobs.
- Fixed a few issues with floors in the Railway station job.
- Fixed a few issues with upgrade related items being used in some jobs.
- Fixed an issue with the Programmer room puzzle job.
- Fixed an issue with remodelling in the Radio job.
- Increased minimum renting slots to 2 after unlocking the "Rent by rooms" skill in the Skill tree.
- Rebalanced the order in which various items, walls, floors and doors are unlocked through level ups (tiers split).
- Fixed an issue with players receiving items from higher tiers when there were still lower tier items that had not been unlocked yet.
- Fixed an issue where Manhattan items would get unlocked when the player didn't even leave the Slums yet.
Patch 0.9b (July 23rd, 2022)
- Implemented a new launch option for windowed mode.
- Temporarily disabled the heating requirement for job delivery (it'll come back once we deal with all the reported issues).
- Locked the option to remove upgrade sockets during Electricity and Heating configuration tutorial stages.
- Added the Futuristic tag to the tag filters panel.
- Tweaked background traffic in Manhattan.
- Fixed utility issues in the Theater (Space Show) elite contract.
- Fixed an issue with the Spy Van job being impossible to start.
- Fixed an issue with the detective cupboard being impossible to place anywhere.
- Fixed an issue with missing utilities in player apartments.
- Fixed an issue with Manhattan items and item categories not unlocking for some players.
- Fixed some issues related to the renovation item list UI's tag and search functionality.
- Fixed an issue with the Babysitter by Trade target card counting failed babysitting jobs.
Patch 0.9 - Manhattan Update (July 22nd, 2022)
- Implemented apartment upgrades (Electricity, Heating, Water, Monitoring, Cleaning Robots, House Share License).
- Implemented apartment subscriptions (Better Internet, Better TV, Earthquake Insurance, Water Damage Insurance, Extended Appliance Warranty, Cleaning Service, Coaching).
- Implemented Target Cards - a new progression system with 26 unique goals.
- Implemented City Pickups - new discoverable objects on the map with 7 random pickup types and 7 collectible sets.
- Implemented Business properties with the ability to rent them out to Manhattan-based companies.
- Implemented door color variants with over 75 new options for your doors.
- Implemented tenant reactions with each tenant defining over 40 actions they react to with their roommates.
- Implemented the ability to extend a tenant lease without renegotiations.
- Implemented the ability to discard jobs.
- Implemented a new audio slider for Ambience sounds.
- Implemented the ability to set Open House duration.
- Implemented a hint system for all main missions.
- Implemented the ability to sell storage items without entering renovation.
- Completely reworked item collider system to allow for easier placement of objects on top of other surfaces.
- Revised renovation checklist to showcase requirement progress.
- Added a new district: Manhattan.
- Added 34 new residential buildings in Manhattan.
- Added over 120 new jobs in Manhattan.
- Added 7 new Elite Contracts in Manhattan.
- Added 7 new missions in Manhattan.
- Added 2 new missions in the Slums.
- Added a new tenant archetype: Politician.
- Added 3 new tenant events (mostly related to the Politician or to business apartments).
- Added 20 new player levels (max level is now 95).
- Added 3 new skills to increase sockets' maximum range for utilities.
- Added 2 new furniture categories.
- Added over 400 new furniture items.
- Added over 80 new walling and 80 new flooring options.
- Added 5 new tracks to the in-game soundtrack.
- Added tenant archetype information to Uncle Steve's Guidebook.
- Reworked 10 babysitting/open house variants in the Slums to serve as inspiration for your designs.
- Remade the in-game menu featuring the Manhattan environment.
- Updated engine version.
- Tweaked how the camera works when navigating to properties.
- Revised the credits screen.
- Optimized renovation item list UI.
- Simplified Properties app UI to show both upcoming and ongoing auctions on the same list.
- Tweaked creative mode game creation UI to be easier to navigate.
- Fixed a number of issues allowing players to move or place items in rooms other than the one being worked on during a tenant request.
- Fixed an issue with items sometimes appearing in incorrect places when reloading the game.
- Fixed an issue with the Happy Tenant main mission not being properly completed when already having a tenant on the specific lease term.
- Fixed a number of furniture issues.
- Rebalanced prestige values for all items to be more consistent.
- Rebalanced some of the item prices.
- Rebalanced Landlord Point cost and Happiness gain for all gifts and services.
- Made the doors count towards room/apartment prestige scores.
Patch 0.86 (5 May 2022)
- Disabled Egg Hunt and Easter main menu decorations. Come back next year for another chance at unique item drops!
- Updated the main menu with a fresh look.
- Tweaked Photo Mode's camera controls.
- Changed skill tree's default tab to Landlord.
- Fixed a rare bug in the Pedro tutorial that resulted in broken save files.
- Fixed an issue with a pink arcade.
- Fixed a few item slot colliders.
Patch 0.85 (21 April 2022)
- Implemented Steve's Guidebook.
- Overhauled Creative Mode (you can skip the tutorial now!).
- Added a new dark mode UI theme.
- Introduced Egg Hunt - a time limited event with Easter decorations to snatch!
- Added new tutorial sections for auctions.
- Added over 120 new items including dryers, printers, board games, cutlery sets, kitchen utensils, dishwashers, bathroom clutter, decorations, and more!
- Decorated main menu to match the spring/Easter spirit!
- Added a confirmation popup when exiting the game while a tutorial section is ongoing.
- Added a confirmation popup when not extending tenant's lease during lease renegotiations.
- Greatly reworked tenant's movement during Open Houses, specifically targeting large properties and the Suburbs.
- Added the ability to see your currently selected item tag filters and easily clear them out.
- Changing the color variant of an item in the buy UI will now pull it up to purchase it.
- Moved floors and walls to the top of the renovation checklist.
- Added a tooltip when trying to use an outside flooring inside and vice versa.
- Added a tooltip when trying to rent by rooms without separate bedrooms.
- Tenant context menu panel will now display player's character name when listing player relationship.
- Increased character limit to 1000 in the feedback panel.
- Adjusted a few item colliders for easier placement.
- Fixed a number of issues with the tenant events not always ending properly.
- Fixed an issue with tenants getting stuck in front of the front door when being sabotaged.
- Fixed an issue with removing parented furniture in equipment failure and tenant request tasks.
- Fixed an issue with tenant requests requiring the player to work on bathrooms even though the request was for a different room.
- Fixed an issue with mismatching property images.
- Fixed an issue with tenant requests not ending properly when the tenant has moved out.
- Fixed an issue with the camera controls not rebindig correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the lease renegotiation tutorial getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue with scoring the floor category in the tutorial job.
- Boosted aunt's apartment prestige multipliers.
- Adjusted tenant archetype bedroom and apartment likes.
- Limited earthquakes to only affect some of the apartments in the later stages of the game.
- Increased budget of a few jobs.
Patch 0.81 (30 March 2022)
- Disabled Research for Pedro.
- Tweaked new archetype events to only affect the happiness of the tenant with whom the interaction took place.
- Fixed an issue with Pedro sometimes disappearing when launching a pre-landlord update save file.
- Fixed a few edge cases related to the cockroach event tutorial section.
- Fixed an issue with the reviewer sometimes not spawning after completing the job.
- Fixed a few issues with tenants getting stuck.
- Fixed an issue with tenants sometimes choosing never to report issues.
- Fixed a few edge cases where tenants would interrupt their action while reporting apartment issues never completing it.
- Fixed an issue with the Heating Damage event not properly recovering its state when reloading the game.
- Fixed the Cactus Hunt minigame looping forever when the player has lost the first match.
- Fixed a few issues with events not ending properly when restarting, forever leaving an unresolved issue marker.
- Fixed an issue with being able to start an Open House while in uncle mode in said property.
- Fixed an issue with the front door not always being selectable in certain events.
- Fixed Buddha statue item type.
- Fixed Vinyl records clipping through one of the tables.
Patch 0.8f (9 March 2022)
- Disabled trashing altogether until the system's rework.
- Fixed an issue with room detection in the Baron's Mansion two-room job.
Patch 0.8e (8 March 2022)
- Fixed being able to sample and buy furniture even when you couldn't afford it.
- Fixed an issue with the boat being available for purchase before completing the first Elite Contract.
- Fixed an issue with auctions sometimes failing after being completed.
- Fixed incorrect Workshop floor mapping in one of the Suburbs properties.
- Fixed an issue with the two piles of garbage stacked on each other in one of the Suburbs properties.
- Fixed a couple issues with the cockroach event tutorial hard locking the game.
- Fixed two jobs that required non-workshop type floors in workshop type rooms.
- Fixed an issue with ghost UI markers in some tenant events.
- Fixed a host of issues in the new tenant events related to starting and ending them.
- Fixed an issue with the proximity bonus detection range calculation sometimes being incorrect.
- Tweaked one of the speakers to be placeable on various surfaces and not only on the floor.
- Cleaned up tax behavior with auctions. Apartment sales will not count towards taxable income anymore to avoid double taxation. All apartment transactions after selling are now grouped together and carried over to maintain finance history integrity.
- Slightly increased profit margins for sell auctions.
Patch 0.8d (4 March 2022)
- Fixed a game crash that sometimes occurred when moving certain garden items.
- Fixed a game crash related to the Botanic Garden job.
- Fixed a pathing issue related to wall-mounted items, preventing players from renting out previously verified properties. The fix is temporary and you might observe inconsistent behavior with some shelving items; more patches are on their way.
- Fixed an issue with the Alcoholic event sometimes beginning too close to the bed causing unexpected behavior.
- Fixed purchase auctions starting with a $0 opening bid.
Patch 0.8c (3 March 2022)
- Added visualization of the auction table for Steve to make starting bidding more intuitive.
- Added the ability to attach your save file when using the in-game feedback report tool.
- Added some missing translations.
- Fixed an issue with players being unable to exit failed auctions.
- Fixed a glitch with the proximity bonus lines in the UI.
- Fixed collider issues with some of the furniture.
- Reworked First Impressions to be more consistent with the rest of the reworked categories, taking into account tags and proximity bonuses instead of prestige only.
- Added more items provided by the client.
- Fixed an issue with missing Firewood items in the Barracks Elite Contract. Implemented a recovery fix for already affected save files.
- Fixed room detection issues in the Brewery job.
- Fixed Botanic Garden job clients wanting wall mounted items for their preferred items.
- Fixed Garden Work tenant request to require Garden Plants instead of Big Plants.
- Reduced the amount of Landlord Points rewarded for solving issues with Uncle Steve and for completing Elite Contracts.
Patch 0.8b (1 March 2022)
- Tweaked photo mode's camera. Made camera bounds more forgivable in the Slums.
- Fixed an issue with off balance prestige values inflating apartment ratings.
- Fixed an issue with overlapping chairs slotted to different tables.
- Fixed roadmap popup's UI layout making it impossible to close the popup.
- Fixed money not always updating in the UI.
- Fixed missing phone translations.
- Significantly increased the number of items provided by job clients.
Patch 0.8 (28 February 2022)
- Added a new Phone app: Properties.
- Implemented selling apartments via auctions.
- Reworked buying apartments to work similarly to selling.
- Added a new currency: Landlord Points.
- Implemented Elite Contract item unlocks.
- Added a new tenant archetype: Magician.
- Added 6 new tenant events tied to specific archetypes.
- Added a new renovation job type: Puzzle jobs.
- Added 4 new Elite Contracts.
- Added over 90 new renovation jobs.
- Added 2 new missions in between the Slums' missions.
- Optimized the game's loading speed in a major way.
- Tweaked and polished the environment in the Suburbs.
- Fixed Open House jobs being sometimes wrongly 1 star reviewed for being sold too cheaply.
- Tenants will now leave their apartments for other reasons than only going to work.
- Tenants will now try to use the freshly installed items right after a renovation request.
- Tenants will now look at items of interest (for example when watching TV).
- Reworked (once again) how rooms are assigned and recognized in renovation jobs.
- Removed Decor from scoring categories, added Prestige instead, and reworked the scoring in general.
- Polished the item unlock popup on level ups.
- Re-organized item assignments to different furniture categories.
- Added the ability to click and search scored item types in the room context menu panel.
- Tweaked the furniture placement warning icons in renovation mode.
- Added an event icon that signalizes that a tenant's lease is ending.
- Added tooltips that explain how to unlock locked features in the Open House UI.
- Moved the common requirements to the bottom of the renovation checklist.
- Reduced the casfhlow required in the "Playing for High Stakes" mission from $12k to $8k.
- Reduced the number of required Babysitting jobs to perform in the "Babysitter" mission from 3 to 2.
Patch 0.76 (7 January 2022)
- Disabled winter decorations and seasonal time-limited content. Santa will return to Wondersville next holiday season.
- Disabled remodelling in a few jobs.
- Fixed Open House job ratings being sometimes wrongly docked for tenants not having enough past tenancies.
- Fixed a number of incorrect furniture icons.
- Fixed a number of wall decorations wanting to be placed right up against the wall even when they were on the wall itself.
- Fixed some tenants suffering from premature balding.
- Toned down tenant events frequency scaling with the number of player tenants. Introduced a hard cap starting at 22 tenants.
- Cashflow problem event changed to occur to everyone but Loyal / Diligent tenants.
- Date night event changed to occur to everyone except Loners with Social Animals having a boosted chance of it happening.
- TV / Internet subscription upgrade event changed to occur to everyone with Gamers having a boosted chance of it happening.
- Adjusted how much rent agents are able to get during lease renegotiations.
- Agents with over 75 Salesmanship will now never lose money on lease renegotiations unless the tenant is already maxed out.
- Adjusted what lease lengths agents are able to get during lease renegotiations.
- Agents might be able to get a longer lease than your current one, while agents with over 80 Salesmanship will never get a shorter lease than your current one. However, lease lengths negotiated by agents are capped at 120 days.
Patch 0.75e (4 January 2022)
- Reverted some of the changes in pathing to allow for more testing & tweaking. We'll revisit the subject in the next major update.
- Fixed the incorrect material on the drawing table item.
Patch 0.75d (3 January 2022)
- All walls are now up when entering Photo Mode.
- Tweaked pathfinding to avoid pathing inaccuracies in tight spaces.
- Tweaked the way the final review message is chosen to make it easier to get better reactions from tenants after their lease ends.
- Adjusted PIGEON Sink's height offset.
- Fixed a few issues with the RV toilet not being considered in apartment requirements.
- Fixed a number of game-breaking issues with some of the Uncle Steve interactions resulting in erratic behavior (things not disappearing properly, fixed issues coming back as failures, etc.).
- Fixed an issue with some of the tenant events granting negative happiness values after switching in and out of their district for a longer period of time.
- Tweaked Bar's colliders in the Train job to make it easier to place.
Patch 0.75c (27 December 2021)
- Fixed a game breaking issue where the game would sometimes stop responding to all inputs.
- Fixed an issue with the Christmas tenant event where the give gift action wouldn't always work.
- Fixed an issue with a TV sfx in one of the Musician archetype actions.
- Tweaked the Train job to give a little more lee-way in terms of item placement.
- Added a temporary popup about the ongoing community contest.
Patch 0.75b (23 December 2021)
- Fixed an issue with missing translations for a number of languages.
- Fixed an issue with furniture UI markers not properly updating in cleaning mode.
- Tweaked the in-game feedback tool to include more insightful info for the development team.
Patch 0.75 (23 December 2021)
- Added a new in-game phone app: Camera.
- Added a time-limited Elite Contract: Toy Factory.
- Added a time-limited tenant request: Wonderful Time.
- Added a time-limited tenant event: Singing Carols.
- Decorated the main menu and the district maps for the time-limited Winter event.
- Added two new loading screens.
- Added an item set designed by the Halloween community contest winner, @vritto.
- Fixed an issue where overlapping furniture slotted on the shelves and similar spots wouldn't detect collisions between each other.
- Fixed an issue with furniture being placed outside apartment boundaries in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with calculating agent work days in a given time period.
- Fixed a host of issues related to sound effects.
- Fixed a few issues with item placement.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when changing the target room mid-negotiation with a tenant.
- Fixed an issue with job clients rating items from a different room.
- Fixed an issue with the rendering of corners pieces for exterior walls.
- Fixed an issue with tenants getting stuck on certain actions.
- Fixed an issue with the missing game mode tooltip in the main menu.
- Hidden the duration of the tutorial Pedro babysitting task.
- Fixed an issue with displaying nearby item connections after leaving renovation.
Patch 0.72b (30 November 2021)
The Tenants - Elite Update 0.72b
- Added a host of new entry animations for Elite Contract clients.
- Added dedicated Hunter client assets for one of the Elite Contracts.
- Fixed an issue with large wall mounted items being impossible to place down.
- Fixed an issue with the apartment reset feature breaking the room detection system.
- Fixed an issue with the new Elite Contract intros behaving erratically when the game was paused.
- Fixed an issue with the intros being sometimes overlaid with tutorial sequences.
- Fixed an issue with the billard table being required in one of the jobs.
- Fixed an issue with lacking skill points for older saves.
- Fixed an issue with pedestrian animations in the main menu.
- Fixed a visual wall glitch in the Suburbs.
- Lowered item spam penalties for Outdoor items. Achieving higher decor scores in gardens should now be easier.
Patch 0.72 (24 November 2021)
The Tenants - Elite Update
- Implemented Elite Contract Intros.
- Added new skills in the Skill Tree for increasing research speed.
- Added a new skill in the Skill Tree that unlocks a second research slot.
- Added a few new tutorials to explain new mechanics introduced in previous updates.
- Added new steps to the remodeling tutorial that cover placing and removing windows.
- Tenants will now send their text message responses to apartment events only after Uncle Steve leaves the property.
- Tweaked the way item smart snapping works.
- Revised proximity bonuses for a great deal of items.
- Fixed an issue with moving back to a district with an active tenant request for a tenant that had their contract run out.
- Fixed an issue with Open House guests being uninteractable.
- Fixed a host of issues with overlapping sound effects and music.
- Fixed an issue with time scaling in Creative mode.
- Fixed an issue with players having too many available skill points for the number of available skills in the game.
- Added a new step to perform in the Elite Contracts where the player first has to click on the building to hide its roof and start the job.
- Merged multiple instances of the same item into single entries on the renovation checklist.
- Fixed an issue with skills on the Skill Tree looking like they can be unlocked when they weren't.
- Changed the default tab in the Skill Tree to "Tenants".
- Tenant tag preferences are now displayed in their context menu.
- Added a close button to the tag filter panel.
- Tweaked the renovation checklist elements to be clickable (and searchable) while in the Remodelling or Finalize tab.
- Fixed an issue with the room context panel not always refreshing on room layout changes.
- Fixed the position of negotiation indicators.
- Localized the "Join our Discord server" button in the main menu.
- Increased the speed boosts for Uncle Steve's movement speed skills.
- Decreased the pace at which tenants generate garbage in their apartments.
- Lowered the required tag scores for tag category ratings.
The Tenants Team
Patch 0.7e (20 November 2021)
- Fixed an issue that bricked the game on save load for some players.
- Fixed an issue with one of the jobs requiring special furniture.
- Fixed a few misplaced descriptions in the skill tree app.
Patch 0.7d (18 November 2021)
- Disabled the in-game Halloween Event. Reverted the main menu to a less spooky state. Count Dracoola shall return next year!
- Fixed an optimization regression that decreased the game's performance due the introduction of color variants.
- Fixed more issues related to mismatching property addresses. Implemented a recovery fix for affected save files.
- Fixed an issue with the Mayor Gig tutorial locking up when using the new Exit & Renovate feature.
- Fixed an issue with Uncle Steve's position when cleaning in a few cases.
- Fixed an issue with the item storage not being available in tenant requests.
- Fixed an issue with highlighting Beauty Salon's windows.
- Fixed an issue with Oriental Doors staying partially open.
- Fixed an issue with jobs not always being generated when switching to a different district.
- Fixed issues related to jobs requiring locked items. Implemented a recovery fix for affected save files.
- Fixed an issue with Shopping Mall's job requirements.
Patch 0.7c (28/10/2021)
- Fixed another spooky issue with a disappearing building (Hotelship).
- Fixed a number of issues with jobs requiring items players did not have unlocked.
- Fixed an issue with some items attempting to be unlocked each time players loaded the game.
Patch 0.7b (27/10/2021)
- Fixed a spooky issue with a missing building (Wilson Avenue 608).
- Fixed an issue with placing surface top items on various shelves, tables and similar furniture.
- Fixed an issue with item color variants reverting to the default ones when exiting Renovation mode in some cases.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to add more items to their player stash than the limit allowed them to.
- Updated the development roadmap image.
- Fixed an issue with one of the broken armchairs in the Dracoola's house.
- Fixed a few issues with broken job apartment variants.
Renovation Update (26/10/2021)
Hello there, Landlords!
We're back with the highly anticipated Renovation Update, the second major update on our development roadmap. This time we wanted to address some of the most common complaints about the renovation mode and jobs related to it, including for example the ability to change furniture color variants. Of course as always, all of this is work in progress and we'd love to hear your feedback on the new additions and changes.
First of all, we'd like to start off by saying that this release won't require you to start over and you should be able to keep on playing on your current save files.
The other good news is that due to the release timing for this update, we've decided to include the Halloween themed content we've created as a part of the Renovation Update.
Now, without further ado, let's go over the most significant changes in more detail.
Item Color Variants
This has to be one of the most requested features by the community thus far: the ability to change the furniture's color scheme. It took us some time to implement this, as we already have quite a few items in the game, and we needed to go back and redo each one to support several different color variants. On top of that, as we looked through the pool of available items in-game we decided to add some (over 300!) brand new items to spice things up. We've specifically targeted the tags (more on that in the next section) that had the fewest items.
We've also had to take care of the items you've already placed in your properties, as some of them were already a variant of other items implemented as separate furniture. So these items will need to be replaced if you plan on changing their color variants.
We hope that with this addition you'll be able to unleash your creativity and design your apartments perfectly to your likings. And we can't wait to see some cool screenshots of your creations!
One piece of feedback that we've been hearing a lot since that game's launch, was that job clients wouldn't pay attention to furniture styles and how all items, walling and flooring choices fit together into creating one coherent design.
We've decided to tackle this issue by creating a set of 16 unique tags that describe the items: from the common ones like Modern or Vintage to the more niche ones, such as Zen or Rustic. Each item has at least one tag to label it and some of them will even fit into two or three different tags.
To tie it all up, we've added tag preferences for both the job clients and tenants that are taken by them into consideration when judging the apartment. Starting now, in order to get those juicy 5 star reviews you'll have to start paying attention to the overall style of your interior designs - so they fit your clients' whims.
Similarly, some tenants might have a preference for Cottage furnishing, while at the same time despising everything that has to do with the Military tag. This might be worth keeping in mind during your next Open House!
Item Placement Proximity
Another area that lacked depth in the game was the way the game looked at item placement. Previously, it didn't matter where exactly you put the plunger and whether it was even remotely close to the toilet; all that mattered was that it was placed in the correct room. With the new item placement proximity system, the game will now check where the newly bought items are placed in relation to other furniture and appliances.
For instance, placing a towel rack too far away from either the shower or the bathtub will result in a decor penalty. Likewise, to get the best score you'll need to make sure your microwave is placed on the kitchen counter and not just about anywhere on the floor.
We'd love to hear your feedback on these changes and your ideas for new (either positive or negative) proximity bonuses between certain item types that could be added into the game.
New Elite Contracts
As is tradition with a big update like this, we're back with a set of new and fresh Elite Contracts. This time we've implemented 6 new unique jobs, each introducing a new, unique residential building to make these jobs even more memorable.
Each of these Elite Contracts comes with custom item sets to add more variety to your interior designs. The new contracts will take you to a number of unique places: starting with the Beach House, through the Beauty Salon, ending with a lofty Private Investigator's Office.
New Tenant Archetype - Musician
Welcome the Musician, a new tenant archetype that is now available across all districts in Wondersville. This is probably the archetype that took us the longest to implement, and we've spent quite a lot of time working on the animations and all the sound effects related to it.
Musicians, unsurprisingly, like.. all things music related! They'll be happy to play the piano, drums, the guitar, and any other instrument you can hook them up with. Some might be so addicted to music notes they'll even go out of their way to play music video games on their computer. One thing is certain: get them what they need, and they will pay you back with beautiful harmonies!
Halloween Event (until November 18th)
Who doesn't like some pumpkin latte to spice up their autumn evenings? Well, apparently this one guy would go as far as to say that he loves it! Meet the one and only Count Dracoola, a mysterious individual who came from afar and settled down in an old, totally not suspicious, rundown mansion. Man that guy's cool! Um, anyway... word on the street is that he'll need help renovating the place to make it appropriately scary for anyone daring to snoop around the premises.
Tired of that perfect spot for a shower being constantly blocked by an annoying window? Worry no more! From now on you'll be able to remove and build new windows in your properties as you please. This new feature is available through the Remodelling tab, the same one where you can build new walls and install door sockets.
Additionally all the windows related items (such as window curtains) will snap to the closest window now.
We've also found some time to add a cool quality of life feature, a tool for sampling objects and materials already placed in a given apartment. Now you won't have to waste precious minutes searching for that pesky red wallpaper that the client has used in their bedroom to match it. Simply press one button and voilà!
As we've mentioned above, we've gone through all the items we already have in the game, looked for the tags and item classes that could really use some more variety, along with browsing through all the awesome suggestions made by our community. In today's update you'll find over 300 brand new items, including furniture, wall patterns and floor options to play around with!
On top of that we've upgraded some of the old floor textures to make them more coherent with the newer patterns.
- Implemented Furniture Color Variants.
- Implemented Item Proximity system.
- Implemented Item Tags system.
- Implemented Sampler Tool.
- Implemented Window building and bulldozing.
- Implemented snapping to windows for window curtains.
- Added an option to Exit & Renovate after Cleaning with Uncle Steve.
- Added an option to rename tenants.
- Added a new tenant archetype: Musician.
- Added new Elite Contracts: Beach House, Military Barracks, Beauty Salon, Geek House, Train, Detective House and Dracoola's Castle.
- Added new residential buildings to host the new Elite Contracts.
- Added time-limited Halloween themed Elite Contracts.
- Redecorated the main menu for the duration of the Halloween event.
- Added 250 new furniture items (part of which are available only within the new Elite Contracts).
- Added 25 new floor patterns.
- Added 20 new wall patterns.
- Added a batch of new occupations for different tenant archetypes.
- Added a new poster commemorating the winning meme by @Kichi in our first official Community Contest.
- Upgraded old floor textures.
- Changed the Preferred Furniture in jobs to be clickable, triggering a search request.
- Added budget entry popups next to the money HUD element.
- Tweaked the apartment highlight.
- Shrinked some of the single beds so they can be placed in smaller rooms more easily.
- Reworked some of the tenant crimes to avoid sensitive terms.
- Added skybox animation related to the day/night system.
- Fixed moving tables and similar furniture so the slotted items (such as chairs) will move as a group.
- Fixed the issue where some items could be placed on posters, which would cause further bugs.
- Removed the interior window sills from apartments so they don't collide with furniture anymore.
- Increased the player level cap from 70 to 75.
- Upgraded job furnishing requirements so they now include new item types.
- Overhauled some of the old jobs' apartment starting states to make them more interesting.
- Added job pay scaling based on the player's level.