Update Oct 13th 2023
When aiming under Gamepad/chasecam mode, the crosshair will now be on the point of the target's body where the gun is aiming at, instead of the feet.
Swapped the default controller button mapping for Radial and Sprint. Now you can hold left button to sprint, and hold left stick to bring up the radial menu.
When shooting at an enemy with a shotgun (with buckshot) at very close ranges, the penetration capability will increase dramatically. This is because with very tight grouping, the shots act almost like a slug.
Rebalanced the shotgun accuracies
Increased the damage and accuracy for slug rounds. You can now achieve a 2-shot kill against armored humans.
When cooking/crafting using the wrong crafting station and fails, the game will hint you that you are using the wrong tools
Fixed the wording of class specialties for the Drug Cartel to be more accurate
Patch 1.67-8 (May 16th, 2023)
- Increased the size of colliders for the buttons in the character creation page
- Fixed a problem with NPC able to stand on top of some trees
- The old mill can spawn humans
- The rangers and mongols will now hide inside buildings during visitation
- No-flinch perks are a bit overpowered. Made it so that you'll still flinch for 30% of the time. This is to balance for when NPCs have that perk - they become way too powerful
- The helmets and armors with special effects will become less effective as durability goes down.
- Fixed a bug where money spent via guides is not counted in the accomplishments
Patch 1.67-7 (May 13th, 2023)
- Added a new container: Ingredient Jar. You can store serum ingredients in it. It will be a quest reward from Haruko after you get her recipe book back (requires new playthrough if you have already completed that quest)
- Fixed several bugs related to my code refactoring for the Dead Zone DLC. Symptom including essential NPCs having lower health, the border patrol guards having too much health, and DLC items showing up unexpectedly
- With all the code change I committed, there might be other (hopefully not!) issues. Please let me know if you notice anything unusual. Thank you for your patience!
Patch 1.67-6 (May 10th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug where if you manage to duplicate the tooth before Larry/Jian Jun asks you to, you can't complete their quest. Now you can just go back to the rock and duplicate it again to finish the task.
- Fixed a bug with picking up an item while holding melee weapon. If backpack is too full, you could cause inventory to be stuck because it was trying to open the inventory while you swing the weapon, but since you can't open inventory while swinging, the inventory thinks there's a selected item and won't open.
- Improved the walking animation while holding melee weapon
- Lighting bolt that strikes you should disappear when you teleport away (like when you enter a portal)
- The RPD will now require 130% arm strength to use. This is to balance with the new DLC weapons that require (a lot more) arm strength
- Added a armored ghoul model with a little bit of armor
Patch 1.67-5 (May 5th, 2023)
I noticed that during the Soviet border patrol scene, the patrol guy tends to get stuck by the boom barrier until you distracts him. The issue seems to be Unity's pathfinding algorithm. I made some changes to the boom barrier and now the patrol no longer gets stuck there.
This update also contains a LOT of hidden code changes for the Dead Zone DLC. These code doesn't apply to the base game, but potentially I might have broken something.
Patch 1.67-4 (April 27th, 2023)
- Added the 7-shot Nagant M1895 revolver as the entry-level revolver. You can buy it from higher tier traders or find it in the Priest's safe (requires a new playthrough). The 44 magnum is going to be a high tier revolver. You will find one in Station 11.
- Sidor's ammo box on his balcony is going to be locked. You will find the key from the dead body next to the old mill. The ID for this key is "sidorammoboxkey"
- To improve PC performance during large battles, if there are more than 15 human NPCs around, flashlight shadow will be disabled temporarily.
- To avoid peripherals interfering with the mouse input in the main menu, mouse input by left stick is disabled until you press any of the buttons on the controller.
- Fixed a bug with Shamil keeps respawning when you activate the hangar door in Oblenska.
- Moved the submit button for character creation page to prevent situations where it goes out of screen.
Patch 1.67-3 (April 22nd, 2023)
- Fixed a bug with player "limping" after using two-handed melee weapon
- Mongols will no longer respawn at Jian Jun's house if you kill them. Rangers will spawn there instead.
- Making landmine with the Jackhammer now requires a grenade fuse.
- Fixed an exploit where you can get unlimited XP by repeated telling Larry about the Potion of Elation recipe
- Fixed a bug with Ravenwood script that advances your progress too far ahead
- Fixed a bug where the keychain Jacob gives you triggers the journal about Jacob's death.
Patch 1.67-2 (April 21st, 2023)
- Added two-handed melee animation. Currently only the dirty shovel is two-handed, but more will be introduced in the Dead Zone DLC.
- Added a task entry to help player not get lost after asked by Jacob to find his son.
- Added a lateral force to the ravens when they are shot, in order to avoid geting stuck on its perching spot
- Fixed a bug where the building roof doesn't disappear when you aim at a character inside the building.
- Fixed a bug with mystery candies not saved properly
- Fixed a bug where PPSH41 can still be fixed (with no actual increase in durability) when it's at 90%.
Patch 1.67-1 (April 15th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug where you are allowed to right click items from trader's inventory and just drop them on the ground
- Jacob will now give you his keychain when you give him the potion of elation
- Fixed a bug where the repair kit's repair amount restores to 25% when you go to another area
Patch 1.67 (April 13th, 2023)
- You can now perform a running slide when you press the Crouch key while sprinting, which ends in crouching stance. You can basically sprint towards a cover and then press Crouch to quickly get behind it.
- NPCs will now heal themselves (with a little animation) AFTER they decide that there is no more threat around them. They will not do this during combat. This helps preventing friendly NPCs from slowly dying from bleeding.
- Each NPC will now have an intrinsic shooter skill stat. This stat determines how well they lead the aim at a moving target. The higher the NPC's tier, the higher chance they have good aiming skill.
- Added Drop and Drop All button to the menu when you right-click an item, for quickly discarding them from the backpack. They will drop onto the ground.
- Added separate mouselook rotation speed setting, which is independent of the Q/E or mouse wheel camera rotation speed.
- Improved sprint handling. You can now cancel the sprint by aiming down sight, and while aiming down sight, you can sprint to stop aiming.
- Fixed the aiming inaccuracy for various shotguns
- Stashes will now prepopulate their contents when you first enter the map. No more easy save scumming, and no more losing a good roll from loading previous save.
- Increased the height of dive-roll motion so that you can cross the same kind of gap as jumps.
- Alkevier will stop accepting your potatoes as seeds (since he already has potato plants growing), and will only take one seed per stack when you turn in seeds, to avoid accidentally selling everything to him.
- Fixed a bug with rolling/jumping spending too much stamina.
- Balanced the amount of XP you get from traveling to areas. You will get a big boost of XP when you travel to a place you haven't been to before, but when you go to somewhere you have been to before, you'll barely get anything.
Patch 1.66-4 (April 11th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug with throwing rock/grenades with the Mouselook control scheme while underground, causing the throw to be very close
- Flattened the grenade trajectory while indoors or underground to avoid hitting the ceiling
- Explosive skill can now be slowly increased by dealing explosive damage. The more damage you deal, the more skill you learn.
- When holding LMB to run while in Panned/Fixed control scheme, when you release the LMB, the player will now immediately stop
- Fixed a bug with stacking when Shift+Click moving product items from crafting screen to backpack
- You can now tap SHIFT to start or stop sprinting instead of having to hold the key
- Fixed a bug with crafted high quality caviar not displaying the arrow
- Fixed a bug with crafting lard not affected by the Party Catering perk
- Fixed the stash note for the stash near the anomaly in Zernaskaya village
Patch 1.66-3 (April 6th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug where NPCs can detect dead bodies on the second floor
- Now melee weapons have different swing speeds
- The wolves in the mill at the beginning of the game will cause less bleeding
- Increased the distance where you can engage dialogue with NPC
- When loading save or travelling through guide, the screen will fade out instead of just freeze there
- Added audio cue when hovering cursor over the skills
- When hovering cursor over the + sign for upgrading skills, the perks display will be updated to the current skill
- Added an icon for the "Take All" button when looting chests and bodies, showing that the button can be activated by pressing Space key
- Moved the Take All button to the bottom of the page to accommodate large size containers.
Patch 1.66-2 (April 4th, 2023)
This is just a couple of small bug fixes:
- When console log is over 5000 characters, it will get truncated to prevent the UI erroring out when it gets too long
- Fixed an exploit with the repair kit where you can restore its repair amount value simply by right-click using it and then close the workbench window
- Fixed a bug with repair kit disappearing when you close the workbench window without using it
Patch 1.66-1 (April 3rd, 2023)
- You can now complete Sidor's potato farm quest by offering 1000 rubles - but this option only shows up if you actually have 1000 rubles at the time. After which, you lose the money, and after turning the quest in with Sidor, Legionnaires will become hostile.
- You can now Shift+Click the product in crafting window to quickly move it to backpack
- When using the repair kit as workbench, you can now use it to dismantle as many times as you want, as long as you don't close the window. After which the kit is gone.
Patch 1.66 (April 2nd, 2023)
I've realized that I've been really missing what I did back in Skyrim and Diablo: poisoning the sword :) So I decided to add a poison item that you can drop onto the equipped melee weapon. The poison will give the Melee weapon 5 poison hits, and each hit delivers a varied amount of poison damage over time.
So where can you get the poison? You can either find it (sometimes, if you are lucky) with Cheslav after he becomes a travelling merchant, or if you manage to lift your relationship with the Lake Cossacks (Grigori in Lake Cheko), he will sell it to you as well. I'll also introduce a way to craft it in Nightmare or Dead Zone difficulty mode in the DLC.
Speaking of Dead Zone DLC, I just wanted to provide a quick update on my progress. I have just finished working on all the TEN new weapons, and started working on the SIX new weapon attachments. Then I'll need to figure out how to start a new playthrough after ending the game and place those new weapons in the map only for high challenge levels. Could get pretty messy, so I need to figure it out carefully.
Other changes included in 1.66:
- Tree cutting is balanced. Now the amount of damage you do to a tree depends on the type of weapon, how you swing it, the weapon's durability, and your melee skill perk (whether you have the increased damage perk)
- Enabling the control scheme tutorial at the beginning of the border-crossing quest, to remind players other options
- Fixed a bug with not able to add a two-row backpack upgrade if only one row is space is left. Also, After unlocking all your backpack space, if you find further backpack upgrades, they'll just increase your max weight.
- Added an option setting to adjust the UI size. Please don't use - and = any more.
- Fixed a bug that doens't allow player to craft serum or cook immediately when the Visitation ends
- Fixed an exploit where you are able to access Sidor's locked up cupboard while standing on the stairs
- Added the missing collider to the locker in Ashinaka lab
- Adjusted the 9x18 ammo weight
- Fixed a bug where you can see the floor below if you aim a gun at the wall of the first floor, when you are on the second floor
- Changed the label of "Auto" for auto save to "Quick", and the label of "Save" for manual sleep save to "Sleep"
Patch 1.65-2_2 (March 27th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug with equipping shield causing null pointer error
- Added a mechanism to reset player action state, if the state is stuck for over 10 seconds. If you ever get stuck into action state race condition, this will be helpful
- Reduced the price of firewood
- Added an command to the console (Backspace): "unstuck". If you ever get stuck inside a geometry, just enter that command to lift yourself up
Patch 1.65-2 (March 26th, 2023)
- The throwing knife has been added to the game, but since it's a DLC weapon, you can only access it by using the console. So if you are interested in trying it out, open the console with Backspace and type "get throwingknife 10". Equip and use it like a grenade, but you have to figure out how to make it "stick" to the target. Try throwing it at wooden objects like wooden fence.
- Attempted to optimize the interactive object selection code for mouselook/chasecam/gamepad control modes
- Fixed a problem with player back into a wall after strangling
- When aiming a rock/grenade, you can now see the distance in meters
- Kicking hostile human enemies will now cause some melee damage
- Several water-related infrastructures can now be looted, and they contain respawnable water bottles
- Fixed a script error in Ravenwood where you get to complete the final quest before you get it
- The radiation of Mad Mechanic anomaly will now vary from day to day. If the radiation is too high for you, come back in a day or two.
- Your base speed of receiving radiation is reduced. it was too fast previously
- Fixed a problem with NPC doesn't drop loot that he looted from another dead body
- Fixed a problem with silenced 44 magnum not playing reloading sound
- Each salt crafting now produces 10 salt
- Fixed a problem with not able to rebind quick-save key
- Reduced the level of noise produced while strangling someone
- Added a raycast blocker on the second story floor of Sanatorium
- Fixed an issue with player immediately alerts the enemies when the Sanatorium stealth quest begins
- If you close a notebook, and open the same one again, you will automatically go back to the last open page. If you open another notebook, the page memory resets.
- Fixed an issue with player stopping for a second while sneaking and toggling always-walk
- All smashable crates no longer have physics. this should prevent them from flying away.
Patch 1.65-1 (March 22nd, 2023)
- Beer will now give you a short and big buff in arm strength, which results in significantly higher melee damage. Drunken brawls!
- Traders will pay a better price if you sell them a gun with better durability than all of his same items
- Kicking crates by clicking them will force player to face the crate
- Added a console log history page, accessible from the Tasks page
- Tamed the clinking sounds while running/sprinting
- If your melee strike first hits a wall before hitting the target, the hit will now properly register. But not if you try to hit someone through the wall
- Player walking speed is increased with new animation
- Added some task descriptions/steps to Sidor's first two quests to avoid confusion
- Crafting during visitation is no longer allowed
- Fixed a bug with crooked aim after throwing grenade with G key
- Fixed a bug with crooked aim and spinning while sneaking
- Fixed a bug with UI being stuck in menu page with message "there's still selected item"
- Added yield quantity info in food recipes
- If gun has laser, then the yellow arrow will not show while aiming with ChaseCam mode
- Flipping pages key will now be A/D or left/right arrow
- Respawn announcements will not show if there was a recent one in the same location
- Rebalanced medicine prices
- Rebalanced food calories for meat dishes
- Visitation is less frequent in Normal mode
- Radiation and bleeding indicators will flash to indicate the severity
- Radiation given by mad mechanic anomaly will vary depending on its state
- Reduced energy consumption speed, which wasn't meant to be this fast.
Patch 1.65 (March 18th, 2023)
Dear Ghoul Hunters:
First of all, thank you everyone for the support! It's an honor for me to present this game to you, and I hope you get many hours of fun time from it :)
As a small token of gratitude, I'm releasing a free gear that you might find useful: a wooden shield. You can equip it on either of your primary/side arm slots, and when you pull up a melee weapon, the shield will be moved to your left arm. The shield will provide 100% protection from head-on melee attacks - if you keep it in good condition (and no it doesn't block bullets). Attacks from the side has some chance to be protected as well. It will definitely help when you tackle a group of Scythes!
You can find this shield at the barrel on the small pier by the Zernaskaya church (if you start a new playthrough), or buy it from any traders who sell melee weapons (except Sidor, his level is too low).
Also, I know many of you folks are eagerly waiting for the Dead Zone DLC. I apologize for the delay; I just had to fix some of the technical debt that got piled up. I'm almost done with making all the new weapons. I just have a couple of things left, such as the throwing knife - it's going to be the most realistic throwing knife you'll see in modern gaming, might even be as tricky as real throwing knives :) After this, I will start making some "boss ghouls" for the high challenge playthroughs.
Other changes included in this update:
- NPCs will sometimes loot dead bodies they see. Not all of them, which would be frustrating for you. They would equip the new weapon if it's better than their, and save the rest of the loot in their inventory, and put them on sale if you trade with them.
- The main menu now supports up/down arrow or Dpad navigation
- When you click on "Continue" in the main menu, it'll show a "load save game" page where you can choose which save to load.
- Balanced the sound effects in the main menu.
- Increased the F1 Grenade and Makeshift Landmine's damage drastically to make them more desirable and useful.
- A new icon for the potato bread so it's no longer confused with the Rye bread
- Fixed some issues with strangling with Garrotte. Hopefully now you will no longer encounter problem with your victim sliding away when you strangle them.
- Fixed a bug with NPCs detecting dead bodies even when they are out of their sight. This could cause your silent takedowns to go haywire when you kill one of them, and immediately the guards would notice the dead body
- Fixed a bug with Ashinaka sanatorium spawning human NPCs who just stand there like idiots
- Added a chest in the car in the army cordon level. Now you can find all three gasolines required in that level, not having to go back to town to get it.
- Sidor will try to remind you about Hans's detector project before you head to the train station
- Siren and mutant spawning sounds are cached, hopefully to reduce some micro-stuttering
- Added error handling of failure to connect to local database, which can be caused by putting the game file in a folder with special characters
Patch 1.64-2 (March 14th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug where the angel of fire household causes save game failure
- Added a simplified options menu to the main menu
- For the RMB quick melee strike (tap RMB) your movement will no longer be restricted while you strike. For the other types of melee strikes, the movement will still be restricted
- The stamina cost for each type of melee strike will now be different. The more damage the type of strike deals, the more stamina it costs.
Patch 1.64-1 (March 13th, 2023)
- Added the ability to cook the F1 grenade by holding RMB. Just be quick with selecting the trajectory, but if you run out of time, simply keep RMB held and switch to another weapon, and it won't explode in your hand. Other grenades cannot be cooked due to their already short fuse time.
- Fixed a bug with Panned/Fixed mode where toggle dosimeter doesn't work.
- Fixed a few raven perch spots so when they get killed their they will fall to a place reachable by player
- Updated the grenade explosion effect
- Added some logs to help troubleshoot a very rarely seen reloading problem. If you run into any issue where you have a gun and ammo available, but pressing R doesn't do anything, please copy the "output_log.txt" file and provide to me for analysis.
- You can now add command line argument to Tunguska.exe (by creating a shortcut) to set custom resolution. For example:
Tunguska.exe -screen-width 3000 -screen-height 2000
When you run this shortcut, the game will have a resolution of 3000x2000.
Patch 1.64 (March 10th, 2023)
- When you are near several items that are very close to each other, you can press the Dosimeter key (game will prompt you) to cycle through these objects, and then you can interact with the intended one by clicking LMB.
- You will now slowly receive passive progress with Stealth skill if you sneak near an unaware enemy (must be moving, not standing still). The closer you are, more progress you will receive.
- You can "upgrade" an NPC's loadout by selling guns, helmets, and armor to them. If the item sold to them is of higher tier than their own, they will switch to the new item.
- Improved hit detection for landmines, so you can better shoot at them.
- Fixed a bug with Lard not able to receive higher quality if you use high quality pork to make them.
- Zooming in and out (Z key) will play a little cue sound
- When you are in the intro screen (such as beginning of the game it tells you it was 1985 in NYC), you can press Space (or Enter for the second button) to trigger the button - no need to click on them
- Added new boost icon for when you use meds that slowly reduce radiation (like Vodka)
Patch 1.63-1 (March 5th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug when holding sprint key while aiming down sight causes many clicking sounds
- Fixed a bug where switching from a gun while aiming to a thrown object, and before the thrown object is taken out completely, the trajectory line is stuck if you let go of aim button
- Now switching ammo (hold R) will honor the ammo in the pockets.
Patch 1.63 (March 4th, 2023)
- You can now put ammo in the pocket slots. When you reload a gun and its ammo is in the pocket, the reload is faster.
- Added a "Chinese Sports Drink" item which can be found throughout the Zone and bought from traders. This drink simply restores 60 points of stamina, which can be helpful in the early game during melee combat.
- The SR-1 serum is getting a big buff: it will give you 1 hour of unlimited stamina!
- Player will now receive combat and/or survival XP when completing certain quest tasks.
- Kicking smashable crates will now alert nearby enemies.
- Buffed the entrenching tool by shrinking its size in the backpack, and allowing it to cut trees and break doors.
- Fixed a bug where the dirty shovel cannot be used to dig graves
- Venkat will now sell the complete workbench guide
- When holding down the sprint key while jumping, the player will no longer stop sprinting after the jump.
- Fixed a bug where Scythes can still hurt you immediately after you hurt him, if he was in the middle of an swing.
Patch 1.62-3 (February 24th, 2023)
- Attacking loot crates will now alert nearby enemies
- When splitting item stacks, you can right click the item, and then press 1-9 to quickly grab X number of items
- Player is allowed to insert a weapon attachment onto the attachment slot, even though the weapon in the slot doesn't support it. An error message will be shown.
- Allow mouse wheel to select hours under the sleep window
- With the quick-save feature, sleeping bags will no longer be given freely to the player. However, you can still buy it from Sidor whenever he has it for sale.
- If player has no energy left and no food eaten, after travel/sleep, the stamina will no longer be replenished.
- If you grow a plant along with a fertilizer, then it is guaranteed that you will harvest something from it.
- Mortes will no longer have different quality levels since it makes no sense
- Various large audio files (such as music) will now cache when games starts, to avoid high disk I/O stuttering during gameplay.
- If you hire guards from Larry and they die, you can skip the respawn delay by asking Larry to disband them, and then pay him again to get the guards back immediately.
- Fixed a bug where consuming a pocketed item causing the other items in the pockets to shift towards it
Patch 1.62-2 (February 21st, 2023)
Grenade and rock throwing has always been clunky, even with the yellow rendered trajectory line. After some troubleshooting yesterday, I finally figured out why it was problematic: the trajectory line calculation was wrong.
After correcting the code, I also added the ability to detect when the trajectory hits an object, and put some nice sparks there to indicate the point where the grenade/rock would hit the wall. This way, you can easily tell where the grenade will land, and whether it will go nicely through a doorway or even window.
I also increased the base accuracy of throwing, but to get the most out of grenades, you should unlock the first two perks for the Explosive skill.
Additionally, I improved the "low toss" which is when you tap RMB without aiming the grenade with the trajectory. Now, the low toss will go high enough to clear any small obstructions on the ground such as stepping stones, making it easier to toss a grenade into a door.
Finally, when you use the "Quick Throw Grenade" ability which is by default bound to G key, You can hold G to aim with the trajectory.
Now, let's get out and throw some nades :)
Patch 1.62-1 (February 21st, 2023)
- Fixed a bug with workbench only allowing one use
- Fixed a bug with throwing rock/grenades to the wrong direction
- Improved the trajectory finding algorithm for throwing
- Now you can shift+click to move items around
- Removed the camera blurring when zoomed in. Instead, a message is shown at the bottom warning player that the camera is zoomed in.
Patch 1.62 (February 20th, 2023)
- Added the ability to quick save by pressing F8, or opening the main menu and click the "Quick Save" button. This is ONLY available with normal mode, and not hardcore mode.
- Added a radial menu to select weapons corresponding to 1-5.
- Added the ability to use the repair kit as a single-use workbench.
- Now if you a NPC dies, the items he sells will be included in the loot.
- Now if you use a silencer attachment, when you shoot your visibility will no longer go skyhigh. It will depend on the gun's native noise level. This will help you stay hidden while shooting a silenced weapon.
- Rearranged the default controller button binding
- When using shift+click to move item, the item description will now properly close.
- Allow moving items when notes are open, which helps collecting ingredients from stash while reading recipes
- While in normal mode, when hit by mutant, you will no longer always get infected.
- When getting hit by melee weapon, bleeding will be dampened by your armor.
- Fixed a bug where the radio in Zernaskaya station will stop playing if you go underground and come back
- Fixed a bug with not able to interact with blackboard in Ravenwood, as well as interacting with home-grown plants, while playing the Mouselook or ChaseCam control scheme.
- Updated the button click sound effect
- Fixed a bug with controller where after you close the window with X button, it also causes player to reload the gun.
Patch 1.61-3 (February 16th, 2023)
Thank you for your patience! I noticed a few things I missed to fix in 1.61-3, so I'm uploading a new build with those missed fixes:
- Fixed a bug with Mouselook control scheme during aiming. If you are using a resolution different from the monitor's native resolution, whenever you aim, the cursor shows up in the wrong place.
- The game will try to remember the location of your cursor when you last aim down sight, if the camera didn't rotate away too far. This means, when you are using Mouselook and aim, you don't always have to readjust the cursor each time you stop aim and aim again. This bothers me a lot while playing Weird West, lol
- Again, with Mouselook mode, if you reload the gun while aiming down sight, the cursor will no longer reset its position when the reload completes.
- Fixed a bug where if you walk around while aiming a gun and switch to melee, the character is stuck in the aiming animation.
- Fixed a bug with Pyros sliding forward while shooting fireballs.
- Moved the UMP 45 to side arm. Now you can equip it on either slots.
Patch 1.61-3 (February 15th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug with switching weapon in the inventory while the character has the weapon in-hand. Previously, if the new weapon is different, the player simply holsters it rather than switching to the new one.
- Did a small overhaul of the weapon switching code, maybe it'll help avoiding some issues with reloading.
- Made the left power attack more powerful to match its animation of spin-swing. Also fixed its hit range so it can hit many enemies in front of you.
- Fixed a problem with enemy name tag display not in the right place when you approach them without aiming.
- Fixed a problem with mutants still causing player damage right after they get hit by the player. This tends to happen when the mutant blocks the hit.
Melee should feel better than before now!
Patch 1.61-2 (February 15th, 2023)
- Fixed a bug where when typing in the custom notepad, pressing Space key will erase the text
- Mutants will now respond to thrown rocks
- When using Mouselook/ChaseCam/Gamepad, while sitting by the campfire the target tags won't show up which may cover the fireside chat dialogues
- Rearranged the "saving game..." message so that under low resolutions they will not disappear.
- Slightly increased the timer required to hold the melee attack key to perform a power attack. This is to help prevent accidentally issuing power attack.
Please note that after this patch, I will start focusing on the Dead Zone DLC which provides NG+ experience with a bunch of new weapons and armors, so there will be less frequent small updates. Unless, of course, that there is a game breaking bug which I will fix ASAP. Thank you!
Patch 1.61-1 (February 14th, 2023)
- Improved the feel of aiming a little bit for Mouselook mode (several aspects)
- Fixed a bug where ranged mutants slide forward while performing their magic
- Fixed a bug where babayaga's lightning continues to hurt player after she dies
- To prevent player from cheesing the medical perk (auto reduce tunguska syndrome and radiation poisoning) by just idling in the game, these perks will now reduce the tunguska syndrome and radiation only when player is consuming stamina such as melee attacks or sprinting. This can be rationalized as "you cleanse your body through exercising and sweating".
Patch 1.61 (February 13th, 2023)
- Added an in-game notepad which player can use to write their own notes. This can be accessed from the journal screen. It should also support unicode input, such as Russian and Chinese character.
- Now the tutorials will reflect the key binding and controller button binding.
- You can now perform power attacks by holding the attack key. For example, quickly tap right mouse button will perform a quick right attack, and if you hold down the right mouse button, it'll perform a slower but powerful right attack.
- Controller button mapping now allows player to specify whether this mapping requires holding the Combo key.
- Remapped the default controller button mapping to better match other games mapping.
- Improved the auto-lock aiming for ChaseCam and Gamepad controls
- Adjusted fog effect across all levels. This improves atmosphere and hides distant objects that aren't supposed to be seen.
- Bloom effect now automatically adjusts according to time of the day, so that it doesn't look as obnoxious at noon.
- NPC respawn rate will be a little higher with hardcore mode
- When you have no stamina and tries to perform melee, the game will show error.
- Jumping and jump-rolling is now more responsive.
- Fixed a bug where the mutants behind the water treatment plant will continuously spawn whenever you load a save game.
- The news story about Chechens will now unlock later on which makes more sense.
- Fixed a bug where crafting bandages always gives you an error message, even when it was successful.
- Fixed a bug where player will slide while performing melee or throwing rocks
- Fixed bug with unable to open planting spot while holding shovel
Patch 1.60-2 (February 5th, 2023)
- With chase cam, the little arrow will now indicate where the player is aiming at. and it'll also help reveal building and hide trees.
- Fixed a problem with aim stuttering when camera view is on top with chase cam mode
- Disabled motion blur
- Fixed a bug with cursor not showing up when interacting with a bed.
- You can now press Esc to close the resting panel.
Patch 1.60-1 (February 5th, 2023)
- Added a new control scheme: Chase Cam. This makes the game control similar to 3rd person shooter
- Further enhanced the aiming control for ChaseCam and Gamepad control scheme
- Improved aiming accuracy with lock-on style aiming
- Fixed a bug where landmines cannot be locked on
- Fixed a bug where plants that had been picked and respawned cannot be picked under mouselook mode
- Added more items that would spawn when you break a crate
- Fixed a bug with light switches not able to turn off lights and/or radio
- Adjust kicking direction
- Fixed the size of tactical shotguns. they are now 2x6 rather than 2x7
- Fixed a bug where you cannot shoot at friendly NPCs
Patch 1.60 (January 30th, 2023)
- Organized the settings page, grouping related setting items together
- Added a new setting: Control Scheme. The values are following:
- Fixed: camera is fixed at the character's position. Requires manual camera rotation with Q/E or mouse wheel scroll
- Panned: camera pans with mouse cursor, also requires manual rotation
- MouseLook: newly added control scheme similar to Weird West. When not aiming, camera rotates with mouse movement. When in melee mode or aiming down sight, camera is fixed and you will see the aiming cursor, in classic twin-stick style. In this view, you can move the cursor to the edge of the screens to rotate the camera, or you can use Q/E or mouse wheel too.
If you need to interact with objects, just walk up to it, and when you see the icon, press LMB to interact.
- Gamepad: similar to the MouseLook control scheme, but with gamepad. While aiming, hold RB and use right stick to rotate camera.
- The name tags for NPCs and objects will now show on top of them rather than far away on top of the screen.
- Added a new setting: mouse wheel function while aiming. You can now specify whether the mouse wheel should rotate or zoom while aiming or not aiming. You can access the other function by holding CTRL and move the wheel.
- Added a direction arrow indicator around the player character while in melee mode, to indicate the direction of strike.
- Added pictures of the crafting station when using different crafting stations. This helps reducing confusion "why can't I cook a pizza in the serum lab???"
- Now when planting seeds, you can drop a stack of seeds onto the seed slot, and it'll automatically insert one. You can do the same with fertilizer.
- You can now sell serum recipes to non-essential NPCs (the minions). Each person offer different price to different recipes.
- The monsters under the ravenwood church crypt will now spawn after you open the doors to avoid exploits.
- Dismantling weapons now depends on weapon condition. Better condition weapons generate a little more scrap.
- You can now click on the smashable crates, and the character to walk up to it and perform a kick.
- You will no longer be able to sleep with the sleeping bag when there's radiation around you.
- Fixed an exploit where you can melee hit an NPC/ghoul through the door or wall.
- Fixed the console output when you take permanent serum, to reflect the actual increase rather than the theoretical increase.
- Fixed an exploit with loading resolvers
- Player will face the item when picking it up from the ground
- Fixed a bug where shooting Celestial Sisters with armors will leave phantom bullet holes
- Fixed a bug where player can slide forward while performing melee strikes
Patch 1.59-9 (January 13th, 2023)
One thing that had been bothering me is the control scheme of the game. The biggest challenge is camera rotation. Over the last year and half, I have been attempting many ways to make camera rotation easier, although to me personally, the mouse wheel scrolling is the most handy way, there are a lot of players who can't get used to it. I haven't found a good solution until now.
There's this game called Weird West, which features very similar gameplay as Tunguska - real time isometric shooter. Weird West has adopted a totally different control scheme that does not require manually rotating the camera - instead, the mouse X axis will rotate the camera, and Y axis tilts the camera back and forth, and the cursor is hidden unless you are aiming a gun. Since Weird West is a much better game than Tunguska, it make make total sense to emulate their control scheme and add it as an option for folks who prefer not to manually rotate camera.
However, this effort is not trivial. Not only should I create a new camera control style, I also must add a new object interaction system, so that you no longer require a mouse cursor. This will probably take me one to two weeks. Until then, I will pause updates unless there's a major bug that needs fixing.
Thank you for your patience!
Now, a few fixes added to 1.59-9:
- Now you no longer have to pull out the Garrote to strangle an enemy. All you need to do is to keep it in the Tool slot.
- For houses that has porch room, the porch roof will disappear at the same time as the house roof, making it easier to walk through the porch.
- Moved some chairs so they stay out of your way.
- Fixed the Chinese version of the grenade tutorial entry, which contains incorrect key info.
- Fixed some types in Chinese translation
Patch 1.59-8 (January 11th, 2023)
This is a small update that contains some translation fixes for Ukrainian language.
Patch 1.59-7 (January 10th, 2023)
- Softened the "puff" explosion when hitting the bubble anomaly. This will reduce jump scare.
- Enlarged the fire pit + grill at Ravenwood player house, making it easier to click
- When player saves the game on the path of a whirlwind anomaly, it could cause a "death loop" when player constantly gets killed when loading the game. This should be fixed now by not damaging the player for the first 2 seconds of loading the game, giving player time to get away.
- Attempted to fix an issue where existing playthrough causes Cheslav the traveling merchant to fight against the cossacks.
- Added Ukrainian language
Patch 1.59-5 (January 8th, 2023)
- You can now save Cheslav Chirkoff from incarceration. Just bring a crowbar to him and follow the dialogue. And then, as you play the game, you will encounter him in various locations. He will become a travelling merchant with goodies for sale!
- Added color coding for the bottled herbs for easier identification in the backpack.
- Ravens will now perch on top of trees and buildings for easier hunting!
- Swapped out the font for Chinese UI. It should be easier to read now.
Patch 1.59-4 (December 31st, 2022)
Dear Ghoul Hunters,
Happy New Year!
So, there have been a LOT of new weapons and gears that I wanted to add to the game, but the challenge was that I couldn't find a way to merge them into the gameplay to not mess up the progression or making it unrealistic. After all, it makes no sense to see a bunch of NPCs who are supposedly trying to get by in the Zone suddenly wielding miniguns.
But my fans gave me an idea - add these new content in second and third playthroughs! So I came up with the following strategy:
- After you complete the first playthrough (leave Tunguska), you will be presented with an option to start 2nd playthrough (Nightmare mode). You will retain all the skills you earned, and whatever equipment you have on you (not counting what's in the backpack) will be hidden in a stash for you to grab.
- In Nightmare mode, game becomes more difficult, with stronger enemies and tougher survival rules. But at the same time you will find these new weapons and gears as reward!
- After Nightmare mode, you can enter Dead Zone mode, where enemies will be armed to the teeth against you, and you'll find even better gears to defend yourself.
All these will be part of the new Dead Zone DLC, which I'm hoping to release within one or two months. Stay tuned :)
P.S. a few fixes included in 1.59-4 patch:
- Buffed VSS vintorez
- fixed a bug where loading a save game after Jacob dies causes incomplete load
- fixed a bug where a melee weapon equipped on primary weapon slot blocks your own bullets
Patch 1.59-3 (December 27th, 2022)
- You can now hold R (reload) button for 0.75 seconds to quickly switch to another ammo type (such as AP) in your backpack.
- Added 7.62x54r Armor Piercing Ammo
- Fixed a bug with movement "springing" when holding LMB while aiming and strafing
- Fixed a bug with mouse click move "dragging" the player
- Fixed a bug with player character stucking in the middle of air after arriving at a new location
- Added 3 new background ambient music
- If you receive an item from NPC during dialogue, and there is no room in the backpack, causing the item to drop to the ground, you will receive a warning about it so that you won't miss the item.
Patch 1.59-1 (December 21st, 2022)
Made some improvements on locking on targets with controller RS. There's still an issue of being difficult to lock on to target (with the RS) if it's really close to the player. But until I figure that out, if you stand back 3 meters away, it should be a lot easier to lock on targets now.
Controller button mapping now shows the proper XBOX controller button names rather than Button0 Button1 etc.
When hovering/locking on doors, they will glow to indicate that they are being selected. (Let me know if you see a door that doesn't glow, since I had to manually modify every door lol)
Fixed a bug with switching between melee weapon and sawn off shotgun
Fixed a glitchy animation when switching between guns while aiming down sight, where the character is not aiming but still in the aiming animation.
Slug rounds now have extended range.
Skorpion can now be equipped on both primary slot and side arm slot
If you create a high quality permanent effect serum, the effect will be increased a lot based on the quality
When you attack loners like Artyom, you won't get a warning about it
Fixed a bug where dosimeter and sit button mapping for controller are inverted
Improved gamepad lock-on of objects near the player
When crouching, guns will have slightly lower recoil
When panting from exhausting stamina, guns will have slightly higher recoil
Hiding HUD (` key) will only hide the left bottom corner and right bottom corner HUD, leaving the rest of the displays intact
Patch 1.59 (December 19th, 2022)
Integrated full controller support in the base game! Please visit the in-game Options menu and ensure that the gamepad support is set to "Full". Also it's recommended to disable Steam's controller support for this game. More improvements are coming in subsequent updates!
I tried to make the two zoom mode (with Z) a little easier to distinguish by blurring the surrounding that's a little further away from the character while zoomed in, like a "Macro" photo effect.
Now you can use - and = to adjust UI zoom at any time, not just while the menu is closed.
Significantly reduced the cost for fast travel (guide)
Fixed a major bug that would cause a cleared enemy camp to respawn in just two days.
The railroad handcart's storage is now much bigger.
Added a different display name for the shipping bin in Ravenwood player's house, when you hover mouse on it, so that you don't think it's a normal crate and accidentally sell items.
When the save game is corrupted, you will receive a message while in game explaining how to restore the backup save
Drastically increased the armor piercing quality of slug rounds.
Added a wood pile next to player house's kitchen as a storage.
Added some ways to slowly increase the medical (increase as you use medicine and some serums) and gunsmith skills (increase as you repair weapons).
Patch 1.58-7 (December 10th, 2022)
- You can now go to Haruko to translate the research records
- Fixed a model clipping issue with AETHR armor
- Fixed a newly introduced bug with strangling moving enemies
- Fixed an issue with game repeatedly warn you about damaging friendly NPC
- Completed Italian translation (Thank you Tamaster!!)
Patch 1.58-6 (December 10th, 2022)
This is a small update that adds two things:
- Increased the weight of breakable boxes, to prevent it from flying too far
- When melee weapon hits terrain, it will no longer make the sparkling "ding". Instead it'll look like hitting dirt.
Patch 1.58-5 (December 9th, 2022)
- You can now equip secondary weapon (double barrel, pistol, melee) on primary weapon slot.
- You will now see 4 attachment slots, with 2 disabled. This is to prepare for the Nightmare/Dead Zone difficulty mode (available in the future) where you will unlock these slots.
- Improved tree fading mechanisms. If you aim at anywhere that's covered by a tree, that tree will also fade, making gunfights in wooded area a little easier.
- Fixed an issue with tire stacks that would make player stuck inside
- To produce makeshift mines from Jackhammer, you must now hold SHIFT and right click the weapon. This is to prevent accidentally create mines when player wants to unload the gun. To unload simply right click the equipped Jackhammer.
- Fixed a bug with knife-throwing Scythes not able to hurt you with the knives.
- Slightly improved the strangling mechanism. Player character will no longer hop forward really far. Instead, both player and the victim will meet at a middle point, hoping to avoid situations where player will get stuck with the surrounding objects.
- Reduced the weight of scrap metal
- Changed the default difficulty in Normal mode to 50% damage instead of 70%
- Fixed an issue with player getting stuck when interacting with a stash in Lake Cheko water treatment plant.
- When activated, the Acoustic Sensor will protect you from Valentin's scream attack.
Patch 1.58-4 (December 5th, 2022)
Made some improvements to melee combat:
Sped up the animation by 20%
Ghouls will counter-attack less often after they get hit, reducing the chance where player gets hurts immediately following a hit on the ghoul
Ghoul's damage on player is now consistent with the difficulty (player damage %) setting
If you put the cursor on the enemy while attacking, the player will automatically face the "selected" enemy
Increased the damage done by melee weapon and kick to the smashable crates
Now when you fulfill a serum or food order, if you have any high quality ones to submit, you will receive some big bonus
Fixed the grave in Ravenwood forest that's really hard to click
Fixed a bug where all the armor models show up after the player dies
The AETHR suit and the VP1 serum will now fully protect you from contracting Tunguska Syndrome from ghoul attacks
Added a little touch of vignette when you aim down sight with a scoped weapon
Fixed a bug with taking potassium iodide consumes no item
Grenades and rocks will now be thrown from the center of the player's body rather from the right hand. This will avoid accidentally hitting the wall with it. The trajectory will also start from the center.
Patch 1.58-3 (December 4th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with respawned plants sometimes cannot be picked up
- After some trigonometry math, I finally figured out a way to smooth out the camera panning. It should feel much better now.
- Added a "portal" on the guard towers in Oblenska - you can now climb on top of them.
Patch 1.58-2 (December 3rd, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with the Ashinaka Sanatorium quest, where after you wake up, some of your animations no longer works
- Fixed a bug with the AETHR armor that prevents you from throwing rocks/grenades
- Moved the enemy spawn points in Sanatorium to reduce the chance of them spawning right next to you
- Fixed a bug with detecting whether you have the Books of Valentin
- Increased the time delay before your next food order arrives
- Increased the time delay before a wiped out faction respawns
- Hide the circle in Cheko map if you are underground
- Adjusted the camera panning movement
- Increased the panned camera zoom
Patch 1.58-1 (December 1st, 2022)
- Added a "Full" mode for controller support. You can now use the left analog stick to move the mouse cursor around when you open the inventory. You can also use controller buttons to control the buttons in the UI.
- Fixed a bug with beds and handcars not able to be selected using controller
- Fixed a bug where if you put a battery or repair kit in the discard slot, and then immediately pick it up to repair an item, the UI would freeze
- Fixed some issues with DLC detection
- NPCs who only have secondary weapons should now always leave that weapon as loot.
Patch 1.58 (November 27th, 2022)
Dear Ghoul Hunters,
I would like to wish you a wonderful holiday season! As a small token of gratitude for all your support, I'm releasing a few new weapons and a new armor, free of charge, to spice up your game :)
Before going into details, I would like to ask for your favor to nominate Tunguska for the "Labor of Love" Steam award :) Ever since I released the game in June 2021, I have been obsessed with fixing all the issues, adding more content, and making your gaming experience more engaging over time. It brings me great joy to see everyone having a good time, and your nomination will mean a lot to me, and will give me a lot of momentum to continue working on the game :)
Now, here's a list of new weapons/armor added in 1.58 update:
- A "Ushanka" hat. It's a very basic, entry-level helmet that provides minimal protection, but it looks badass :) You can find it in the Soviet border map, or just randomly from dead NPCs
- A "Rusty Shovel" for farming. I'm adding this for early gameplay so that anyone can use it to plant seeds at the potato farm. In other words, it no longer requires the Ravenwood DLC to do farming. You'll find the soil for planting at Sidor's potato farm (Hold X to show them). The shovel is also just sitting right next to the field, and Sidor might sell it sometimes too.
- The PPSh-41 submachine gun. It has very high rate of fire but low accuracy. So it's like a close quarter "sweeper" with its 70 round drum mag. You will find it among enemies in Lake Cheko.
- A new pump action shotgun - "UZH-81". It's a direct upgrade from the hunting shotgun, with 9 round mag, faster rate of fire, higher damage. It's a high level weapon. You'll find it in Ashinaka and Oblenska.
- The ultimate, five-pocket AETHR armor. It's an all-around anti-radiation, anti-poison gas, and 100% anti-VISITATION suit. You can only find it from the Elite Cossacks after raising your relationship with them to 100%. It'll also cost you an arm and leg.
Good luck, and hope you enjoy the new toys :)
Patch 1.57-3 (November 23rd, 2022)
This is just a small patch that fixes a few AI navigation issues, also made sure that human NPCs have a chance to drop helmets.
Patch 1.57-2 (November 20th, 2022)
- Fixed some nav mesh issues causing NPC to spawn inside walls
- Increased durability for pp19 bizon and ump 45, making them more reliable
- Added sound cue (rattling sound) to gunshot sounds when the gun is low on ammo (like CS:GO)
Note: please reply here or post in the community if you run into any bugs :) My family and I all got COVID and I might not be able to update the game for a few days, but I'll keep an eye on the bug reports :) Thanks!
Patch 1.57-1 (November 19th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug where an interactive object might be triggered again when you walk away from it.
- Added a "poor man's ray tracing effect" for player's flashlight. It will try to illuminate the surrounding in addition to where the flashlight shines on. It's particularly effective in dark underground areas.
- Smashable crates will now light up when cursor is on it, to distinguish from crates that can't be smashed
- Fixed a bug with using mouse wheel to flip pages keep playing the flipping sound
- When giving the error about out of battery, the message will now tell you which device is out.
- Blocked an area under the truck where player can be stuck
- Fixed some display for Russian UI
Patch 1.57 (November 17th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with Sidor's radio turning itself off
- Added a Close button for workbench UI
- When starting a new game, while on the way to travel to Tunguska, when prompted about crossing USSR border and got caught by the guard, there is now a new option: Fight! When choosing this option, you will spawn at a small map where you will be guided through a small stealth mission. If you pull it off, you get to keep the money you took from the editor's office, plus whatever loot you find there.
Patch 1.56-9 (November 13th, 2022)
- Further slowed down the landmine triggering time if player has the defuse perk while sneaking
- Fixed a exploit where swapping the raven helmet with a regular helmet doesn't remove the auto health restore
- Fixed a bug where loading a save errors out (clock showing 9900)
- Fixed a bug where player is able to jump while still falling in midair
Patch 1.56-8 (November 12th, 2022)
- Fixed an issue with landming exploding before you have a chance to defuse it
- Halloween is now happening every 7 days. The portal to Valentin is still open at all times until you have visited him.
Patch 1.56-7 (November 11th, 2022)
Added a feature in Ravenwood, where you can purchase a Shipping Bin from Venkat, after first purchasing the irrigating system (farm). With the Shipping Bin you can put any food, ammo, and serum in it, and every seven days they'll be collected and a payment will be left inside the bin for you. The payment will be about 1/3 of the item's base price.
Fixed a bug with turning in serum, causing one serum to be removed with no payment.
Patch 1.56-6 (November 8th, 2022)
- Fixed an issue with the fusebox in Station 11 not able to be interacted with.
- Now the difficulty setting (% of damage taken by player) also affects how many enemies will respawn after you clear an area. The lower the difficulty setting, fewer will respawn.
- Added some fan-provided English dialogue improvements (thank you necro!)
- Smoothed out the flickering of campfire and broken lamps
Patch 1.56-5 (November 7th, 2022)
- Fixed issue of hair clipping through helmet for some characters
- Some translation adjustments
- Fixed a bug with one-click ingredient gathering during serum making, where multiple zero-count items are generated in the ingredient box
- Lowered the battery consumption rate for detectors
Patch 1.56-4 (November 7th, 2022)
- Fixed various bugs with trading, especially if you are an Arms Dealer class. You can also sell with a loss, in other words the trader doesn't have to have enough money to pay your wears, and just pay with whatever they have.
- Added a few UI controls: when opening notes to read, you can use mouse wheel to go to next/prev page, and right click to close the note.
- Fixed some camera stuttering issue
- Here's a big one: you can now press Space to jump. You can jump further if you run or sprint. The direction of jump depends on your movement direction. If you unlock the third perk for Fitness skill, you can hold Space (for 0.25 sec) to do a dive-roll, which goes further than the jump.
There is a lot of changes to the infrastructure, so I might have accidentally broken something that I don't know of... Please let me know if you notice anything strange :)
Thank you! And enjoy the bunny hopping :)
Patch 1.56-3 (November 4th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with picking up items while sneaking
- Fixed a bug where the handcar menu cannot be closed
- Fixed a bug with player still able to run (with mouse click) while stamina depleted and over-carrying
- Attacking legionnaires will no longer pop up the window about "important faction"
Patch 1.56-2 (November 3rd, 2022)
Dear Ghoul Hunters,
Thank you all for patiently waiting for me to complete the Way of The Hunter DLC! This DLC allows you to customize your character and build skills with a perk-based skill system! It's good for replaying the game with a new perspective, but if you enjoy RPG style game, you'll also have a good time with the first playthrough with this DLC!
Please note that the core experience is unaffected by the DLC. There's no need to buy it unless you are looking to convert a Survival Shooter experience into a Survival RPG.
As usual, I'm always open to suggestions for the game, so if you have any cool ideas about the skill system let me know :)
Also, following issues are fixed in the 1.56-2 patch:
- Fixed the "grab stuff" animation while crouching. It should look less jarring now.
- Reduced the chance of getting serums from breaking crates (makes more sense)
- Added Close button for crafting station UI
Patch 1.56-1 (November 2nd, 2022)
- Revised Russian translation for the Way of The Hunter DLC
- Fixed a bug with Italian version of Way of The Hunter DLC where increasing a survival skill takes away combat skill points
Patch 1.56 (November 1st, 2022)
- Fixed a bug where the hidden landmines in Zernaskaya church mistakenly showed up when you return to that area
- Shift + click to move items from chest/dead body to the backpack will now first attempt to merge with existing items in the backpack
- Fixed the repeated noise when opening a locked chest
- Now the game will save the state of loudspeaker that plays propaganda music. If you turn it off, it won't turn it on by itself again
- After you loot a dead body clean, the hover message for it will now indicate that it's been looted and empty
- If the player wears the Veil of Valentin, spiders will no longer attack the player
- The Veil of Valentin (while worn by player or Valentin) will indicate when the shield is active with a visual effect
- Adjusted the hitbox of landmines so it should be easier now to shoot it
Patch 1.55-3 (October 29th, 2022)
- Fixed another bug regarding automatic ingredient collection with recipe: if the ingredient item in the backpack is less than what the recipe needs, its quantity gets reduced to zero but not destroyed from inventory.
- Added a game option to disable mouse click movement
- Added a sound and notification each time your combat XP or survival XP levels up
Patch 1.55-2 (October 28th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug where buying item from NPC doesn't reduce player's money
- Fixed a bug where the "ingredients" button will convert premium/superior ingredients into normal ones after collecting them into the serum lab
- Preparing player character model to accommodate different skins (to release next week!)
Patch 1.55-1 (October 25th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with premium/superior food losing its name prefix and "power" after saving and loading.
- Now the game will automatically save before entering the portal to Doownevar.
Patch 1.55 (October 24th, 2022)
- "Ghost of Valentin" Halloween event is NOW LIVE!
- Improved the cursor flickering when holding down MMB to rotate camera
- Added a button in the trading window to close it without having to press ESC
- Fixed a bug exploit with trading and unlimited money
- You can now hold either LSHIFT or RSHIFT to click and transfer items from containers
- Wood debris from breaking crates will ignore raycast, making it easier to pick up items buried under it
Patch 1.54-6 (October 22nd, 2022)
- Improved "hold button and move mouse to rotate camera" feature by putting the mouse cursor back to where it was before starting to rotate.
- Improved player melee attack by adding a hit detector between the weapon and the ground, so that anything that's lower than the melee weapon's path of strike won't be missed, such as crates and wolves.
- Improved enemy's melee attack by changing from hitbox to hitscan. This way we can avoid the situation where the enemy's melee weapon pushes player up into the air. More improvements to this is on the way.
- The stamina display on the HUD now shows a "%". So the numbers on the dial means % and not the actual value.
Patch 1.54-5 (October 19th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with large size chests where items will disappear when you put items in by pressing Shift+Click
- Fixed a bug with NPC constantly going back and forth
Patch 1.54-4 (October 18th, 2022)
I realized that there is a major bug for players who have unlocked more than 10 rows of backpack and started the Ashinaka quest - it would cause some items to be permanently lost.
To resolve this issue I created large size option for storage chests throughout the game to match the maximum backpack size. Now you have more room to store loot :)
Patch 1.54-3 (October 14th, 2022)
This is a small update to fix a pretty bad bug introduced by the previous update. I was trying to fix the issue of doors getting interacted twice, but end up breaking the ability to call the editor. This is now fixed.
Please let me know if you run into any issues :)
Patch 1.54-2 (October 13th, 2022)
- High quality food now provides more calories.
- Fixed a bug where the game throws exception when food crafting fails.
- Fixed a bug where refined and purified serums crafted by the player don't reduce negative effects.
- Added an essential character spawner for Hans Eppstein.
- Put a sandbag cover in Zernaskaya village to reduce Bootlegger casualties.
- Fixed a bug where clicking an interactive object while walking towards without letting go the movement key results in the object getting interacted with twice.
- Added all the XP increase scenarios (such as combat and crafting). Now you will see the combat and survival XP bars increasing as you play the game. Although you can't edit the skills until the DLC is out, all the XP/leveling/skill progress are saved.
Patch 1.54-1 (October 7th, 2022)
This patch is mainly to fix a bug where if you select a thrown weapon and open/close inventory, the character will automatically throw it.
But you'll also notice the extra pieces of UI added to the HUD and the skills tab in the inventory. These are the UI required for the "Path of a Hunter" DLC.
Patch 1.54 (October 3rd, 2022)
- Adjusted various stats and mechanisms to accommodate the skill system DLC (upcoming). The skill are all coded now, just need to create the UI and character creation process.
- Added "Superior" and "Premium" grades to serum ingredients, meats, and vegetables. You have a small chance to harvest the superior/premium version of these ingredients from ghouls, animals, and plants. If you make serum with only superior or premium ingredients, you'll create the "refined" (reduced negative effects) or "purified" (no negative effects) version of the serum. Same with food - you'll cook the superior or premium version of the food which worth more money. (Later I'll also extend the calories for these high grade foods)
- You can now walk around by LMB click or hold. Except during melee combat, because the LMB is mapped to the swipe attack, so you'll still need to use WASD. Also, while aiming down sight you must strafe with WASD as well.
- Fixed a bug where you are guaranteed to receive two items from broken down crates.
- Weapon repair using the workbench are now subject to diminishing effect as the durability nears 100%.
- Fixed a bug where a spin slash attack doesn't move player forward.
- Night vision goggle now properly brighten pitch-black underground areas.
Patch 1.53-4 (September 24th, 2022)
- Fixed the issue that the handguns don't seem to have any meaningful recoil
- Fixed a bug with using repair kit where you could use the entire stack of repair kit, only to gain the durability from one repair kit
- Being drunk now affects aiming
Patch 1.53-3 (September 22nd, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with player become stuck into boar's bone armor after it's killed.
- If you managed to reach the "good ending path" and Jian Jun will buy teeth from you, he will also pay for eyeballs that you collect from strangled enemies.
Patch 1.53-2 (September 19th, 2022)
- Added a "First Aid Kit" in the game, that can be used to store medicine and serum items. Basically a backpack extender only for medicine and serums. This can be obtained by completing Markov's human stool quest. If you have already completed the quest, you will immediately receive one in your backpack. (Note: it might drop on the ground if your backpack is full)
- Now, if you sleep after taking a temporary timed effect serum, the effect's duration will reduce according to the length of sleep, instead of just going away.
- Adjusted the list of item types that will disappear if they are neglected on the ground. These items include:
Weapon, ammo, serum, thrown, Medicine, Money, Armor, Helmet, Ingredient, Food
- Changed the repair kit stack size to 5
- Changed the amount of repair done by the repair kit to 15%
- Fixed a bug with respawned trees not going transparent when you are behind it
- Improved controller aim. If you hold LTrigger to aim, use right analog stick to select target, and then press the RTrigger half way down or all the way down (to shoot), the selection will stick. This will help preventing loss of aim while shooting.
- Fixed a bug with hidden interactive objects showing up when holding X key
- Fixed a bug with controllers not locking on unconscious bodies
- ESC key can now be used to close various pop-up windows in the UI
- Now, high Tunguska Syndrome will not kill the player. It'll drop the health gradually to 1, and stop there
- Paid healing service from doctors will now stop bleeding as well
- Fixed a bug where player can get stuck between the train and platform in Station 11
Patch 1.52-7 (September 12th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with switching weapon causing animation to stuck
- Added the ability for the DX2 detector to show the location of whirlwind distortion, when player is holding it and standing close to the distortion.
- Removed a few distortions from Zernaskaya Train Station map. You can now safely cross the area by walking in the woods.
Patch 1.52-5 (September 8th, 2022)
- You can now "grow" Mortes in the DLC. Behind the Kraikretten house in the dark forest, where you'd see a pile of Mortes and three candles, you'll find a note with a hint on how to grow it.
- Fixed various UI formatting issues
- Fixed the bug where respawned tree cannot be harvested.
Patch 1.52-4 (September 7th, 2022)
- Trees will now break down once you harvest all the firewood from it, leaving only a stump. It'll re-grow in several weeks of time.
- Attempted to fix a bug where during strangling, the victim randomly floats away from you. I can't reproduce this issue myself, so I can only predict what the root cause may be.
- Fixed a bug with the Makarov aiming too low
- Now, any semi-automatic weapon with a laser sight will not auto-snap on. You can aim at anywhere you want using the laser. Other guns will still auto-snap on.
- Fixed a bug where an enemy patrol will not hear your footsteps
Patch 1.52-3 (September 5th, 2022)
Hello Ghoul Hunters!
I have been secretly working on the concept for a character-creation and skill system for some time. When I first started working on Tunguska, I didn't think it was quite necessary since I didn't aim to make an RPG, but as I began to add more content, stories, and fleshing out the combat/survival system, it became more and more apparent each day that skill+customization would greatly benefit and diversity the experience of this game.
So I decided to go all-in and create a full-fleshed character creation and skill system, and release it as a mini-DLC in the next month or so. The system begins when you start a new game, and before entering the editor office you'll be asked to fill out a sheet describing personal info such as appearance, body type, past employment etc., and this info will determine the initial status, skill, and character model.
The skill system will work like this:
You have two types of XP: combat and survival. When you perform any action related to combat, you gain combat XP and vice versa.
Each type of XP will fill up a "level pool" and stop accumulating. You can then go to the skills panel, and assign the current XP points in the pool towards one skill (only one).
Each skill consists of several perks, and as you assign XP to the skill, it progresses towards the next perk, and eventually unlocking it.
Additionally, an action directly related to a skill will also slightly increase the progress of that skill.
Each skill will also have a non-perk advantage that gradually increases as the skill progresses, such as the amount of damage you deal during melee combat.
I will release more information about the system as I make further progress.
Also, please see below some of the new features and fixes added in 1.52-2 and 1.52-3:
- Added a new item: Field Repair Kit. You can find it around the map or buy it from Filip. You can also craft them once you get the workbench guide in Ravenwood.
- Added an "Ingredients" button in the "serum notes" panel when you open a serum recipe while crafting. This button will automatically grab all the necessary ingredients from your backpack. You still have to manually set the temperature, and click the Craft button. This button works for cooking as well.
- Now, crafting serum or food will advanced time and cost energy.
- Added various breakable crates around the map. You can break them by kicking, melee, or bullets. They will drop one or two (or nothing) random items.
- Added the ability to hide the roof of certain buildings in combat-heavy areas when you aim at it from afar.
- The long range abilities of ghouls will now cause Tunguska Syndrome. Be careful out there!
- If you have already completed the Oblenska quests, all the fast travel guide destinations will be unlocked for you.
- Slightly improved the search maneuver of NPC.
- Added a crowbar in Station 11.
- Expanded the hitbox of melee weapons, This should help with registering hits.
- Fixed the flickering of shadows produced by ambient occlusion.
- Fixed a bug of character animation stuck when you switch to rock (5 key) while swinging a melee weapon.
Patch 1.52-2 (August 31st, 2022)
Added fast travel capability for each of the faction leaders: Razor, Roman, Alexei, Haruko, and Vladmir. Each leader offers several destinations, for example from Roman's place you can travel to Zernaskaya village, Oblenska, and Lake Cheko. These destinations will unlock as you progress through the game. For example, Razor won't take you to Railroad worker camp (Roman's place) until you first deliver the quest item to Roman. Each fast travel costs a large sum of money.
- Adjusted overall color contrast and saturation
- Fixed the bug where when player's gun is aiming at an animal point-blank it shows the icon of "cannot shoot", even though it can shoot just fine.
Patch 1.52 (August 29th, 2022)
Hello Ghoul Hunters!
I have considered the numerous suggestions to add maps to the game, so I decided to make it a reality :) Now you can press M anywhere to open the local map. It has dynamic legends - in other words, the map exits and important NPC's names will only show up after you unlock them or talk to them. There is, however, no GPS markers so you will still have to figure out where you are by studying the map.
I have also added other important changes to the game:
- NPCs will now re-adjust their position at a cover if an enemy shows up behind them
- Reduced the sound of attempting to open a locked door.
- You can now quickly and consecutively break down items (especially ammo) at the workbench without having to clear the output area.
- The dialogue options at the bottom of the dialog window are now centered instead of left-aligned. This will reduce the amount of mouse movement needed to go through a dialogue.
- All plants and items within a short distance will sparkle during DAY TIME while above ground. At night, though, you still need to use your flashlight to locate them. But now the default mining lamp will also detect them. The advantage of the high intensity lamp is brightness and the ability to mess up enemy's accuracy during combat.
- Fixed various translation issues.
Now, I'm going to start working on the BIG STUFF: skill system and simple character creation. This will add a lot of "meaning" to all the grinds and battles in the game, and pave the road for DLC #2. I'll release further information soon :)
Patch 1.51-6 (August 22nd, 2022)
- Completed the Russian translation for the DLC (courtesy of rinat4590 - thank you!!)
- Fixed a bug with special mutants not able to use their magic, but instead tries to grab you when you are close
- Corrected the ammo caliber for the RPD - it should be 7.62x39mm instead. Also adjusted the machinegun's accuracy and recoil accordingly.
- Increased ammo stack sizes
- Fixed a script issue where player might get confused if he talks to Cheslav first time after disabling the radio. Now player can't disable the radio until he talks to Cheslav.
- NPCs who are chilling around campfire will also notice dead bodies.
Patch 1.51-5 (August 20th, 2022)
- Now when you want to throw rock, just press 5 to select it. There's no need to mess with the grenade slot in the inventory any more.
- Adjusted the respawn rate
- Adjusted the respawn faction list in Lake Cheko and Ashinaka
- Increased the drop rate of pork for the boars
- Now when the mouse is hovering over plants, chests, and switches, the objects will highlight
- Adjusted the difficulty of the first gunfight.
- Razor will now give you a free copy of the Guide To the Zone after you complete the rat mission
- Added a tutorial for weapon attachments
- Hans now sells the laser sight as well as a workbench guide
Patch 1.51-3 (August 15th, 2022)
- Changed the fire roasted potato recipe to cook 5 potatoes at a time instead of 1
- Fixed a bug with wolves pushing player into the air and make player stuck there
- Adjusted wolves' attack box so that player will get pushed into air a little less often
- Added new AI capabilities:
- When player shoots an AI with silenced weapon, and the AI doesn't see the player, he will get all of this mates to search for the shooter
- When a patrol NPC see a new dead body, he will react to it.
- Added color coding for the serums depending on its type of effect - restore, buff, reduce, regenerate, permanent, or special.
Patch 1.51-2 (August 13th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with NPC dying but still showing as alive. (I couldn't reproduce the issue so cannot confirm the fix. Please let me know if it's happening again)
- Fixed a bug with NPC getting strangled moves around and shoots the player. I have also overhauled the strangling system, making it seem more normal, and added some sound effects.
- Fixed a bug with UI, where you can click a button that's under the split item window.
- Now you can cancel reload animation by attempting to fire the weapon. It won't fire right away, because at that moment the gun is not aimed, so the next click will fire the weapon.
- When NPC runs to take cover from you, if he realizes that the cover is too far away, he will stop and shoot you instead.
Patch 1.51 (August 12th, 2022)
Please forgive me for the bugs introduced after uploading this build this morning. I made some changes to raycast masks and accidentally made it impossible to interact with railroad cart and plants. I think I have fixed it now, but please feel free to let me know if you notice anything else. Thank you for your patience!
- Allow stacked use of bandages. The health restore effect will just override the previous one.
- Added an option to adjust brightness of night-time environment.
- Added a button to reset key bindings.
- Added a list of current faction relationships under Orders page. This helps when you decide which faction's serum order to work on.
- Fixed a bug with glowing skulls missing in the DLC
- Fixed a bug with Jian Jun in the DLC not giving you a response when you attempt to give him the potion.
- Fixed the issue of character revolving itself constantly when mouse is over him.
- Allow enemy characters to appear when main character is hiding behind a cover. This helps with the situation of point-blank gunfights with a cover between player and enemy.
- Sleep will immediately complete all timed restore boost effects such as health restore and radiation reduction.
- Adjusted damage, accuracy of many weapons
- Fixed a bug with trader's money after a trade where player offers extra money.
- Fixed a bug with hostile NPCs stuck in place after standing up.
- Fixed the annoying spikes shooting out of the invisible enemy's noise circles.
- Reduced the amount of Tunguska Syndrome acquired after exposed to Visitation.
- Fixed the outhouse in DLC near the forest - it now can be used to hide from VIsitations.
- Allow mouse hovering over items when note is open. This way you can check what items you have while reading recipes.
Patch 1.50-8 (August 7th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug where enemies hiding behind covers will shoot while crouched, thus not hitting the player
- Fixed an invisible wall placement issue in DLC that allows player to fall into water but can't get back up
- Fixed a bug where player would get stuck on a reload animation when quickly switching weapons and reloading
- Added support for Steam Cloud Save. However, if you don't think you'll need it, please turn it off in case synchronization delay causes save game to get lost
- Make shelves ignore player raycast to make it easier to grab items sitting on them
- Permanent serums can no longer be used while similar temp serums are in-effect, to avoid conflicts
- You can now press SPACE when looting chest or body to quickly take everything
Patch 1.50-7 (August 5th, 2022)
- Adjusted ammo damage and weight
- Increased Groza damage
- Now after you open a chest with a required tool, the next time you want to open it, the tool is no longer required.
Patch 1.50-6 (August 4th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with the handcart in Ashinaka
- Improved AI behavior. They are now less likely to abandon cover, and can see player better during combat
- Fixed a bug with open door panels blocking the path of NPCs
Patch 1.50-5 (August 2nd, 2022)
This patch contains the full Chinese translation of Ravenwood DLC. Enjoy!
Patch 1.50-4 (August 1st, 2022)
This is just a small update with a change to the railroad handcart. I moved the interactive spot to the side of the cart so that you can interact with it without having to walk up the ramp. However, you can only interact from the right side.
Patch 1.50-3 (July 27th, 2022)
- Added foley sounds to footsteps
- Adjusted aim down sight animation
- Added a locker to the railroad cart, allowing player to transport extra goods around the map
- Added a stop for the railroad cart in Ravenwood
- Adjusted landmine throwing. Holding RMB can help specify how far to throw it.
- Fixed an issue where the lamp in the radio control house is on even when the generator isn't running.
- Now you can make beer or other recipes using both Rye Bread and Potato Bread
- Fixed an issue with player house cellar in Ravenwood doens't let you leave
Patch 1.50 (July 19th, 2022)
Great news, Ghoul Hunters!
We now have access to weapon attachments. You will see some new small slots under the rifle/sidearm slots in the inventory - each weapon can now carry up to two attachments!
So where are the attachments? Well, there is a free one in Station 11 (requires a new playthough), and you will be able to buy these attachments from each faction trader (Sidor, Filip, Grigori, Vladimir, and Larry in Ravenwood) after you complete their Serum Order quests and raise your relationship with them to 100% (their names will appear green once done). The attachments will then show up in the trader's inventory.
There are six attachments you can find:
- Laser sight
- Shotgun choke
- Magazine Coupler
- Light-weight fast trigger
Each trader will "specialize" in one type of attachment. Each attachment has its own list of suitable weapons.
For backpack upgrades - they are extremely rare and only two available so far. One in Railroad Worker Camp (bought from Filip), and one in Ravenwood (bought from Jian Jun). I'm saving the third one for the next DLC. Each backpack upgrade adds 2 rows to the backpack grid and 5kg of extra carry weight (hurry up and get them! I might lower these stats in the future!)
Other fixes and additions in 1.50:
- Fixed running animation to make it seem less slidy
- Adjusted covers and added some accent objects in the Barn and Church level
- Added a hidden feature: if you drop a bolt, wrench, or nail inside a Mad Mechanic, it'll immediately switch to the "good state". Like, a sacrifice to the gunsmith god!
- Fixed various recipes. Some recipes now yield more than one product.
- You can now LSHIFT+Click an item in the backpack to transfer it to a loot box, or trading grid etc. Experiment and find out what works!
Since there were a LOT of changes, there might be some issues and bugs introduced. Please let me know if you notice anything strange and I'll fix it!
Good hunting :)
Patch 1.49-3 (July 10th, 2022)
- Fixed bug with food order not showing after the quest started
- Fixed bug with Stefan's final quest
- Fixed bug with ravenwood church's second story floor becomes invisible to NPCs downstairs
- Added the ability to see all nearby items/plants when wearing night vision goggle (when it's turned on)
Patch 1.49 (July 7th, 2022)
- Support for 5120x1440 resolution
- Now after a Visitation event, all the birds in your vicinity will die (free meat!)
- Each trader will only request serums in his tier. However, after you raise relationship to 100%, he will request all tiers of serums
- Added a cellar to the player house in Ravenwood Valleys. You can purchase four shelves from Venkat to fit the cellar. Lots of storage space for the hoarders!
- You can now click the painting hanging in Jian Jun (DLC) house and it'll tell you what it's depicting.
- Adjusted the penetration value for all armor-piercing rounds. They are now more deadly against armored enemies.
- In the Ashinaka Sanatorium level, on the second floor I added a Garrotte for you to use to strangle enemies after they strip your belonging. Also moved the patrol path of the second floor guard.
- Added better warning messages when you try to equip a detector that has no batteries.
- Each discovered stash will have a chance to spawn a permanent effect serum!
- Made door kicking more fluid. Now as long as you stand right next to it, pressing F will automatically reposition you to kick the door.
Patch 1.48-9 (July 4th, 2022)
- Camera angle will be higher when entering building to accommodate better visibility
- Camera will zoom out a little bit when sprinting or aiming down sight
- Fixed a bug where player can't complete the stool sample quest
- Player can no longer build a different furniture (with chests) after choosing the initial one
- Added a chest for the couch/coffee table furniture option
Patch 1.48-8 (July 3rd, 2022)
- When you click "Trade" with an NPC, no more annoying journal entry will pop up. It'll instead wait till later after you close the trading menu.
- Overhauled item system to accommodate variants
- I attempted to fix a reported bug that sometimes items duplicate itself or disappears. I never reproduced this issue, but as a preemptive measure I will make clones of existing item instead of just linking it into the save game. I suppose this way if the item gets changed/destroyed later, it might corrupt the save. Hopefully this helped.
Also this fix was what broke the durability - the code that clones the existing item forgot to clone the durability data.
- When you receive items through dialogue, now they will attempt to merge with existing items of same kind.
- Fixed a bug with purified serums merging into normal serums. Purified serums is a feature in DLC. Once you complete the chef leveling quest for Jerry, you will receive a special item that can be used to remove all bad effects from serums.
Patch 1.48-7 (June 29th, 2022)
- Fixed a scripting bug in Ravenwood that could cause your quest to reset
- Added the ability to throw a rock to detect landmines
- Once you reach "Chef de Cuisine" level for cooking, the orders will come directly from radio transmission and there will be no need to go back to the black board to pick up orders
- Adjusted the algorithm for helmets. They will now contribute to overall protection more often.
- Fixed a bug where when you pick up an object from your pocket and immediately put it back, it disappears, and the game breaks when you close and open inventory
- Fixed a bug with script-spawned NPCs not returning after saving and loading, thus breaking the Haruko protection quest.
Patch 1.48-5 (June 26th, 2022)
- Added a Stash page under the "Discovery" tab in the inventory. All your discovered stashes will be displayed there, and the ones you have already looted will be fainted out
- Added an "Orders" tab to display all of the meal orders you have received. later it will also be used to display serum orders once this feature is completed.
- Now when you are at the inventory page, you can use W or S key to quickly switch through tabs.
- Fixed a bug that causes error when you try to interact with things
- Fixed an issue where player model might get stuck with a thrown grenade and cannot move
Patch 1.48-1 (June 18th, 2022)
- Allow player to take a stack of grenades and drop one of them onto the EXPLSV slot. This way you don't have to right-click the stack and take one out of it. Unless there is already a grenade of a different type equipped there.
- Added height-based fog to all maps.
- In Oblenska, the "babayaga garage" will open when you approach the center of the map, rather than when you have killed all the guards at the gate.
- The Jackhammer is now obtained earlier on in the game. (the best way to use it is to load deer shots and blast mutants). The underground bunker in Oblenska will have another surprise new weapon!
- Fixed a bug where the supply pack in Zernaskaya station might clip through the ground after you load a save
- Fixed a bug when the key chain window is open and you try to take a non-key object, you can't drop it anywhere the the UI is stuck
- Fixed a bug when a wolf dies while in the middle of an attack animation, his teeth can still hurt you if you touch it after he dies.
- Fixed the apperance of helmets on player
Patch 1.47-5 (June 5th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug with replacing items in the body slots when player hits both LMB and RMB at the same time.
- Fixed the raven flying speed which was impacted by frame rate. Also slowed them down significantly to make hunting easier.
- Fixed some secret stashes that got enabled by default without first discovering them.
Patch 1.47-2 (June 2nd, 2022)
- Added ravens flying around different places. You can shoot them down, which is pretty tricky - you have to aim and shoot while they fly straight towards you or you'll miss. The killed raven yields raven meat, which you can grill.
- Added grills over certain campfires. You can click on the grill to bring up a menu to cook.
- There are three recipes you can use for now. You will find them from a "guide to the zone" sold by Sidor.
- Extended cooking will be available in the DLC. You'll be able to grow vegetables, collect mushrooms, hunt for meat, and use the grill, oven, or cauldron to cook up all sorts of dishes!
Patch 1.47-1 (May 28th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug where your camera is stuck in a horizontal view when you load a game saved with the camera zoomed in
- Added a water well in Zernaskaya village
- Added an interior for the windmill in Zernaskaya, with a mill inside that can be used to produce flour
Patch 1.47 (May 20th, 2022)
- Changed the algorithm for spawning mutants in Lake Cheko and Ashinaka. It's now based on in-game time rather than real life time. The respawn delay will range from 10 hours in-game time to one day
- Allow Grigori in Lake Cheko to sell gun powder and scrap metal for ammo crafting.
Patch 1.46-8 (May 15th, 2022)
- This is a small patch that fixed yet more AI related bugs. Enjoy!
Patch 1.46-7 (May 8th, 2022)
- This is a small update with some fixes for AI behaviors.
Patch 1.46-5 (May 3rd, 2022)
- Added a feature to load auto-save. Every time player travels to another location, the game will be automatically saved right after the travel. This way if player forgets to save the game and runs into any problems, the latest auto-save can be helpful.
- Adjusted the time duration for different stages of the "Mad Mechanic". Doubled the "good stage" duration to help save time for player.
- Translation fixes.
- Enlarged the underground tunnel in Lake Cheko, to make combat a little easier and help prevent falling through model.
Patch 1.46-4 (April 30th, 2022)
- Fixed an incorrect key binding in the tutorial
- Added a tutorial for camera panning
- Adjusted camera zoom levels
Patch 1.46-3 (April 29th, 2022)
- Human NPCs who are not on alert will no longer turn on their flashlight at night. This should save some performance impact due to shadow drawing from the flashlights.
- Shooting a light that has already been shot before will no longer alert the NPCs
- Fixed a bug with player character sliding (with no running animation) if you click on an object and then click on the terrain
- Fixed a bug with player "wobble" left and right if you cancel an object interaction.
Patch 1.46-2 (April 15th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug where "split item" menu can show up when you have already selected an item, causing game to be stuck
- Increased the speed of "mouse look"
- Added Russian, Chinese, and Italian translation for the stash notes (courtesy of Zloi Bob (Russian) and Tamaster (Italian))
Patch 1.45-3 (March 30th, 2022)
- Fixed a bug where the player character will automatically throw the grenade when opening and closing inventory while holding a grenade.
- When starting a new game, after arriving at Zernaskaya, the time of day will be randomized.
- Added several new keychains
- Disabled camera panning by default
- Fixed a potential issue with save game corruption, due to a Dictionary field being included in the save game.
- To address future save game corruption, now whenever you save a game, a copy of the savegame.dat (with timestamp in the filename) will be saved in the /backup/ folder of your save game directory. These save files will be removed whenever you start a new game.
- Fixed various small errors around maps.
- Slightly adjusted camera angle so you can see a little bit further.
- Made sure dead NPCs will occasionally drop batteries.